5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tow Mirrors, power folding option?

Rebelyen76

Reaction score
I just tried to fold in my mirrors for the first time Today before going into a car wash and low and behold...there is no power-fold button. I have had my 2020 Ram Rebel for one week and just found out about this poor window sticker debacle. My Level 2 clearly states Power Folding Mirrors. And there is no heat either; drove home tonight from a friends house and both mirrors are frosted over. I will be calling the dealer tomorrow. This is not right! I paid for this option.

Mr. Hindsight

Reaction score
I just tried to fold in my mirrors for the first time Today before going into a car wash and low and behold...there is no power-fold button. I have had my 2020 Ram Rebel for one week and just found out about this poor window sticker debacle. My Level 2 clearly states Power Folding Mirrors. And there is no heat either; drove home tonight from a friends house and both mirrors are frosted over. I will be calling the dealer tomorrow. This is not right! I paid for this option.

Does your window switch area have the button between the L and R mirror adjustment switches? Here’s a pic.

9627273E-1CE8-477C-A66E-922F1F59364A.png

Last edited:

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Does your window switch area have the button between the L and R mirror adjustment switches? Here’s a pic.

View attachment 42568
Additional question and info:
Is your vehicle equipped with a rear window defroster and did you turn it on?
page 64 of the owner's manual
These mirrors are heated to melt frost or ice. This
feature will be activated whenever you turn on the
rear window defroster (if equipped).

RamCares

Reaction score

Hi Rebelyen76,

Please know that if you are in need of any additional support while addressing this with your dealer, our team is just a private message away.

Mark
RamCares

CKSlack

Reaction score
I too fell victim to the NO power fold trailer tow mirrors. I wouldn't care so much about the 360 view as I do about the Power Folding option. I reached out to my dealer 2 days after I picked up the truck and expressed my disappointment for this option.

I don't blame the dealership.... wished someone had of explained that the trailer tow package removed the power fold option. I built the truck online and sent them the codes... so its mostly my fault and I thought I had researched everything to death....

I have asked the dealership to price up removing these mirrors and installing the power fold/360view camera system.

I love the truck very much... drives like a dream and everything I wanted and the only two things that irritate me are the NO power fold on the mirrors and a warped rambox cover on the passenger side... other than that love it.

Would have thought a sticker of 74,800 I wouldn't have to get out to the truck in the weather each time I pull into my garage to manually fold in the mirrors.. :(

CKSlack

Reaction score
Hi Rebelyen76,

Please know that if you are in need of any additional support while addressing this with your dealer, our team is just a private message away.

Mark
RamCares
Looks like you posted this while I was typing about my disappointment on the No power fold on trailer tow mirrors.... Where and how do I start this private message for additional support?

Thx

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
See the post from RAMCares?
Just click on their avatar, then “start conversation“.

RamCares

Reaction score
Looks like you posted this while I was typing about my disappointment on the No power fold on trailer tow mirrors.... Where and how do I start this private message for additional support?

Thx

Hi CKSlack,

Thank you for sending over a PM! I just had a chance to follow up.

Mark
RamCares

LouCap

Reaction score
I too fell victim to the NO power fold trailer tow mirrors. I wouldn't care so much about the 360 view as I do about the Power Folding option. I reached out to my dealer 2 days after I picked up the truck and expressed my disappointment for this option.

I don't blame the dealership.... wished someone had of explained that the trailer tow package removed the power fold option. I built the truck online and sent them the codes... so its mostly my fault and I thought I had researched everything to death....

I have asked the dealership to price up removing these mirrors and installing the power fold/360view camera system.

I love the truck very much... drives like a dream and everything I wanted and the only two things that irritate me are the NO power fold on the mirrors and a warped rambox cover on the passenger side... other than that love it.

Would have thought a sticker of 74,800 I wouldn't have to get out to the truck in the weather each time I pull into my garage to manually fold in the mirrors.. :(
I'm with you on the lack of power folding on the tow mirrors. But, what bothers me even more is that we paid for the surround camera system, but didn't get a refund when they deleted the cameras for the tow package.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Mr. Hindsight

Reaction score
No it doesn’t.

Ok. Well then I think that would mean u don’t have the folding mirrors but kinda weird since it’s listed on ur window sticker if I’m remember ur post correctly. Maybe it was deleted or replaced under the optional equipment section of the window sticker. Also, are your exterior mirror housings body color or black plastic? In researching my Ram I remember seeing many body colored housings being power folding.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The optional package of trailer tow mirrors remove the standard power fold mirrors.
Tow mirrors DO NOT powerfold.
Also removing surround view.
Also removing heat on tradesman, big horn, and rebel.

Dealerships need to learn this, tell everyone this disclaimer, and RAM needs to decide to change this or not offer the tow mirrors at all on 1500.

It has been 2 years now that we have been explaining this.

MG99

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Tow mirrors do not power fold. Like you, we’re all disappointed by this.

wrcrallysport

Reaction score
Its not a cheap option but this place has the whole kit including a new drivers door control panel. its all plug and play. and its not the tow mirror. i attached a screen shot that says so

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    190.5 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Rebelyen76

Reaction score
What I don’t understand is why remove the PFM if I paid for them. Why remove them. We don’t all tow items so large that we need extended mirrors. Furthermore, why not create extended mirrors that are power-folding.

Rebelyen76

Reaction score
Ok. Well then I think that would mean u don’t have the folding mirrors but kinda weird since it’s listed on ur window sticker if I’m remember ur post correctly. Maybe it was deleted or replaced under the optional equipment section of the window sticker. Also, are your exterior mirror housings body color or black plastic? In researching my Ram I remember seeing many body colored housings being power folding.
They are black plastic.

Rebelyen76

Reaction score
The optional package of trailer tow mirrors remove the standard power fold mirrors.
Tow mirrors DO NOT powerfold.
Also removing surround view.
Also removing heat on tradesman, big horn, and rebel.

Dealerships need to learn this, tell everyone this disclaimer, and RAM needs to decide to change this or not offer the tow mirrors at all on 1500.

It has been 2 years now that we have been explaining this.
My 2020 Rebel does have heated side view mirrors. You turn them on by turning on the rear defroster. You can also tell you have heated mirrors by checking if you have the squiggly lines at the lower right hand corner of the drivers mirror.

A complaint that both my son and I have concerning the Tow Mirrors is the passenger side mirror optics are not clear and cause dizziness.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It is sad that this is happening I was caught up in it last year. My dealer told me to go kick rocks so i got stuck with the tow mirrors. The Tow package should be removed from their website and their options list. It does not clearly inform you that the tow package removes 3,000+ of features for more money. I just lived with it.

Users who are viewing this thread