5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tire/Wheel Dilemma for New Limited

Calhj

Reaction score
Nice! I usually work with Adam over there ...guess it's time to pay them a visit. You just used the revel links and Dayton level kit?
Yes. Daniel worked with me and the info I had from the thread to get this done. It took them all day but now they have it figured out.

Savagescott

Reaction score
Yes. Daniel worked with me and the info I had from the thread to get this done. It took them all day but now they have it figured out.

Did your guys do anything about nitrogen loss when they disconnected the airride?

Rebel03

Reaction score
Not that I am aware of and truck rides fine. Are you aware of any issues?
I believe the consensus is that it's safe to disconnect it up to 5 times before it needs to be recharged at the dealer. (Level lift = 2 Disconnects) I've not seen anything official in writing, but I've not heard any different either. When I did mine I dropped it all the way down to Entry/ Exit, then Tire Jack mode, then battery disconnect. It lost some nitrogen on disconnect, but not that much really. I've had no issues since I did it and it rides so much better with the spacer vs just the links.

Savagescott

Reaction score
I believe the consensus is that it's safe to disconnect it up to 5 times before it needs to be recharged at the dealer. (Level lift = 2 Disconnects) I've not seen anything official in writing, but I've not heard any different either. When I did mine I dropped it all the way down to Entry/ Exit, then Tire Jack mode, then battery disconnect. It lost some nitrogen on disconnect, but not that much really. I've had no issues since I did it and it rides so much better with the spacer vs just the links.

That’s great to know. Ballpark, what did your shops charge you to install the spacers?

Davezl1

Reaction score
I just had a shop order the daystar level kit and revel leveling links. Im going to run the stock sport 22’s with toyo open country RT’s. Think I will have an issue with rubbing? I’m rubbing now with stock setup and the same tires but 33’s. Is everyone that’s done this set up still happy with it?

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I just had a shop order the daystar level kit and revel leveling links. Im going to run the stock sport 22’s with toyo open country RT’s. Think I will have an issue with rubbing? I’m rubbing now with stock setup and the same tires but 33’s. Is everyone that’s done this set up still happy with it?
I just need a recommended shop to do this for me in the Dallas area and I think I want to do it too.

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Did you get this installed?

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What did they charge you to install the Daystar spacers? Dealership quoted me $300

dclanton12

Reaction score
I was able to get some pics today after calibrating my speedometer with the Rough Country calibrator. This has been a process but thanks to all on the forum who have posted their trial and errors. Without this info sharing, I would still be sitting stock and thinking about a work around.

I started off by ordering the Revel Performance Leveling Links. After tweaking them, I was able to get a significant amount of front lift but immediately threw a Suspension error message. Dialed the links down a bit and got the error to go away.

Unfortunately this compromised the ride quality more than I was willing to accept. Decided to go ahead and get the new rubber anyhow and eventually decided on the Nitto Ridge Grapplers in 35x11.50x20. This alone added an immediate upgraded look to the truck and somewhat brought back the ride quality.

Yesteday, I finally had my local offroad shop install the Daystar polyurethane leveling kit that is suggested for a 2018 non air suspension Ram. This took quite a while since they had never ventured down this rabbit hole. Well, I'm here to say it was worth the wait. The ride quality is as soft as the day I took delivery. Here are the updated pics in all modes.

Entry/Exit View attachment 14041

Aero
View attachment 14044
View attachment 14045

Normal
View attachment 14046
View attachment 14048

Off Road 1
View attachment 14049
View attachment 14050

Off Road 2
View attachment 14051
View attachment 14052
View attachment 14053

So the one thing I didn't see discussed/answered was CV Joint angles after and upper control arm angle post DS level and air ride sensor adjustment.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Are you guys using the Daystar KC09113BK? The info on this site makes it sound like the leveling kit is all that's needed? Are the Revel links required or are you using them to improve the ride? Thanks for any info!

https://www.suspensionconnection.co..._Eot6HP0WVmZsvDYnBfyazftiFioi4M4aAnsjEALw_wcB
So from my research and understanding the adjustable links are needed because if you don’t have them then the sensor will know that the front end is higher and will compensate by bottoming out your front air bag trying to lower the suspension.

thcmas35

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
Any rubbing in the Aero position?
I'll comment. I have RG's that measure 33x12.5, but on aftermarket wheels with a +1 offset. This compares to the +19 offset that the stock wheels have. I have no rubbing in any mode. I also put in Revel links, daystar air/suspension spacer in the front to adjust to leveled look in the front. I think the offset I used (pushes wheels out 18mm) helps with wider wheels. Another option if you wanted to keep stock wheels and are worried about rubbing would be to install a wheel spacer to push out the wheels.

sueper

Reaction score
I'll comment. I have RG's that measure 33x12.5, but on aftermarket wheels with a +1 offset. This compares to the +19 offset that the stock wheels have. I have no rubbing in any mode. I also put in Revel links, daystar air/suspension spacer in the front to adjust to leveled look in the front. I think the offset I used (pushes wheels out 18mm) helps with wider wheels. Another option if you wanted to keep stock wheels and are worried about rubbing would be to install a wheel spacer to push out the wheels.
Much appreciated!

Raminit

Reaction score

How big a spacer?
I have 2 inch spacers right now.

Users who are viewing this thread