5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tire Options for 22' Limited Wheels with No Lift/Level

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
sidebar//
Sweeet!! Have you got anything locked in yet with a dealer? Curious on markups. I love this, was waiting on CTR or Type S, but now seeing the Type S...

After I test drove a CTR I was like, this is the one. My wife agreed. Sold my Trans Am and in the process of selling my jeep and trading in the truck to obtain the Acura instead. Especially because everybody wants to mark up the CTR like crazy. I used to have an Integra and besides the Ram, it was my favorite car but also I just think it looks amazing, and incredibly capable and affordable. We have a running thread on the integra Forum's and we have listed dealers by name and state on who is not overcharging or requiring mandatory accessories. So far both of the dealers in my area are saying no markups.

Aside from maybe Porsche owners, this transmission is said to be one of the best manual transmissions ever made! It was like butter and I am super impressed with it. Going to drive one until I get too old and can't anymore and then I will go back to American muscle. 😂 Plus that exhaust sounds amazing compared to the Honda!

Josh24

Reaction score
Very stuck between those 2 tire options. Mainly concerned about road comfort, bumps, etc. Not so much road noise. Originally I was set on the 285/55r22 Toyo at3 but the LT E rating has me doubting it. Plus they weigh so much. I have recently started considering the Michelin defender in 305/45r22 and forgetting about any aggressive look. Would love input on cushion/comfort. Live in the south and the truck won't see any offroad just like the at3 look.

I went back and forth on this same decision for a couple months before finally pulling the trigger on the 285’s. Having never ran a E rated tire before I had the same concerns but I just felt they fit the truck well. Fortunately, discount tire will let you return / exchange within 30 days of purchase so the nice thing is you are not stuck either way and could swap out the 285's for 305's if your not happy with them. Plus they will price match anything you find online cheaper. I ended up getting them installed last week and took a 500 mile trip and so far am very pleased. I have them around 40 PSI and am happy with the ride quality still. On rough roads you do feel it a bit more but it's not nearly as bad as I was anticipating. It just hits the bumps a little harder but again nothing that caused me to regret the purchase by any means. The road noise is there above 70 MPH but really a non-factor in my opinion. Turn up the music a bit and you will barely hear them. They also fit my limited with no level and I have no rubbing in normal or Aero with the wheel fully cranked.

Bertman

Reaction score
These aren't as aggressive as most, but they were exactly what I was looking for(Cooper Discoverer AT3). More aggressive than the stock tires, but the same 285/45r22 size. So far they have the same driving characteristics, but way more traction, better looking(IMO), and I haven't seen a negligible difference in gas mileage.

Attachments

• 20230516_121654.jpg
    20230516_121654.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 194
  • 20230516_112752.jpg
    20230516_112752.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 191
  • 20230516_121701.jpg
    20230516_121701.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 195

Reverse

Reaction score
Are you still good with these Michelin? I am putting them on my 2021 limited eco-diesel shortly.
Sorry for the late reply: I like the Michelins, but just like their stock-size brothers, they wear like crazy if you live in an area with twisty roads. I get no more than 30,000 miles out of them. I recently bought a set of Rebel wheels and will be changing to 18" tires soon.

fmr5000

Reaction score
After lots of reading in these forums and test drive reviews on Tire Rack, I decided to go with 285/45 R22 Continental Terrain Contact A/T tires. The ride is great - very quiet, not harsh. And its the look I was going for. Even though it's the same size tire as the OEM Goodyear, they don't look as small. Photos were taken at normal ride height. I do get a bit of rub when turned full lock oddly enough. Probably due to the tire shape being more squared off than the Goodyear tires.
How is it going with these tires? I am putting them on this week but in 275/50/22.
Any feedback?

srosen71

Reaction score
After lots of reading in these forums and test drive reviews on Tire Rack, I decided to go with 285/45 R22 Continental Terrain Contact A/T tires. The ride is great - very quiet, not harsh. And its the look I was going for. Even though it's the same size tire as the OEM Goodyear, they don't look as small. Photos were taken at normal ride height. I do get a bit of rub when turned full lock oddly enough. Probably due to the tire shape being more squared off than the Goodyear tires.
I have the exact same setup & the exact same rub! Are you just living with the rubbing or did you do anything to fix it? I've had my tires for 2 weeks and love them except for the rubbing.

Users who are viewing this thread