5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Throttle controllers...

Saddlerocker

Reaction score
Get a Pedal Commander
I get it, and I am a buy once cry once guy 99.9% of the time.
If the US made ones were $180 vs $50, Id buy the US, but I could buy 6 9-Drives and still be less than these others.
And from what I have read they work great/same as others for 1/6th the price.
People in this very thread have issues with the $300+ controllers.
But I don't think the 9-Drive is available for 5th Gens from my googling.

craigrs_d

Reaction score
I have the peddlemax from jms chips. It has a dial that you turn. It’s like a volume knob on your stereo. Off to 100% or anywhere in between. I have mine set about 55-60%.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My Pedal Commander has a conflict with the GDE tune on my Ecodiesel, So I had to remove it.

Malodave

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have the peddlemax from jms chips. It has a dial that you turn. It’s like a volume knob on your stereo. Off to 100% or anywhere in between. I have mine set about 55-60%.
Not a fan of the knob at all. I think the Pedal Commander and Sprint Booster are a much better design IMPO.

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If the US made ones were $180 vs $50, Id buy the US, but I could buy 6 9-Drives and still be less than these others.
I have a 9-drive on mine I got from Amazon. Works great even with my custom tunes.

Saddlerocker

Reaction score
I have a 9-drive on mine I got from Amazon. Works great even with my custom tunes.
Interesting. Did you order it hoping it would work, or did you contact someone that told you it works?
I only see the 4th gen listed as compatible on all the listings I have seen.

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Interesting. Did you order it hoping it would work, or did you contact someone that told you it works?
I only see the 4th gen listed as compatible on all the listings I have seen.
Looked it up on Amazon. It’s model 807

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you look up 9-drive you get like 5 different rip offs. I get it that it can work but my faith in the QC of those products is going no where near with a PC, Peddle Monsters, or Sprint Booster is. You get what you pay for and to me that has a likelier chance of having an issue. Do what makes you feel comfortable and if it works with no issues then good on you for saving the money.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
If you look up 9-drive you get like 5 different rip offs. I get it that it can work but my faith in the QC of those products is going no where near with a PC, Peddle Monsters, or Sprint Booster is. You get what you pay for and to me that has a likelier chance of having an issue. Do what makes you feel comfortable and if it works with no issues then good on you for saving the money.
I have exactly the same thoughts. It's great that we still have choices that we can make...at least for now:p

Cda3488

Reaction score
Was trying to decide between a new intake or getting a throttle controller. Has anyone compared the different throttle controllers? For example...
Pedal commander
Pedal monster
Sprint booster
Wind booster (I think it's called)
Trying to decide which one to get..any input would be appreciated!
I just put the pedal max on and it is amazing. A simple dial to turn it up or down, you can’t ask for anything more simple. Don’t know how any others work but I can tell you the pedal max is awesome!!

Cda3488

Reaction score
Yes, you are correct, Sprint Booster and the like do not increase power. They simply speed up the response of the throttle body to input and corrections made by the driver to the gas pedal. Simply put, they remove the lag between mashing the peddle and the throttle body response. Although I hate MDS vehemently, I do try to save fuel by keeping my RAM in MDS mode as much as possible. I put the Sprint Booster on 48 hours after I got my Ram home, so I do not know if there is an increase in fuel milage or not, but I suspect there is a loss simply due to the fun of driving a more responsive Ram. I also have the RamAir installed, and judging from my Fuelly records and others in this forum with an average of about 16 mpg, I think my HEMI is doing pretty well. Lately I have even gotten better milage with 17.8 just by driving a little easier and keeping MDS on as much as possible despite the drone it causes in my Carven exhaust. I guess I have gotten used to the drone.
They simply increase the voltage to the throttle body hence the quicker response.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
They are all made in china anyway

and yes they make them for the 5th gen, ive had mine for a month now with no issues

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Kinda how a cai gives you 20hp too lol.

The increase in throttle response is quite nice. Level 9 is a bit too jerky. I keep it at 6.
Exactly! I did enjoy my Pedal Commander. Based on the throttle lag in the RAM, the PC made my RAM far more enjoyable to drive😁

Saddlerocker

Reaction score
They are all made in china anyway

and yes they make them for the 5th gen, ive had mine for a month now with no issues

Thats a different one. The 9 drive is only $50 and a small black LCD screen

Users who are viewing this thread