5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Throttle controllers...

NRitland2

Reaction score
I had a Pedal Commander on for about a week. Definitely made a difference and was fun to use but I had trouble finding a sweet spot for myself between it being too sensitive (and killing my MPG's lol) and not sensitive enough.

I got just enough extra pep from my Ram Airflow and Magnaflow exhaust that I didn't get super attached to the PC. Plus, I've been driving vehicles with a noticeable throttle delay for years and have more or less adapted to it (i.e. putting a little more pressure than I think I'll need a little sooner than I anticipate I'll actually need it).

I'm sure I'm in the minority. All that being said the PC worked great.
I don't use the PC every drive- (which is great about the throttle controllers- there when you want it) but really like the response and the noticeable difference!

You got that much of a noticeable "pep" from the Ram Airflow and the Magnaflow exhaust? Not looking to argue the point, just want to see what you are seeing with your current set up? I got a cut and clamp Magnaflow 19433 and have been feverishly looking for a decent deal on the Ram Airflow. The box is ginormous and will probably see if I can talk the parts guy at the dealership to match a price I found.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't use the PC every drive- (which is great about the throttle controllers- there when you want it) but really like the response and the noticeable difference!

You got that much of a noticeable "pep" from the Ram Airflow and the Magnaflow exhaust? Not looking to argue the point, just want to see what you are seeing with your current set up? I got a cut and clamp Magnaflow 19433 and have been feverishly looking for a decent deal on the Ram Airflow. The box is ginormous and will probably see if I can talk the parts guy at the dealership to match a price I found.
I honestly did. Wasn't expecting much based on the feedback here but it's absolutely noticeable. If we're talking 0-60 I figure I got *maybe* a tenth of a second, that's not where the action is.

The pedal is more responsive, acceleration/shifting is smoother, and my highway MPG's increased by 2-3.

Here's the thing; I had the Magnaflow Cat-Back on for about 2 weeks before I tried the PC, and that was about a week before the Airflow went on.

With just the exhaust, there was zero difference in acceleration, shifting feel, MPG, etc. None. Just sounded awesome lol.

Once I had the Airflow on, I turned the PC off and thought it was maybe still on for the first couple of minutes. Now there's a chance this is all from the Airflow but I think it's more likely that the people I've seen saying that you need BOTH the good CAI AND the less restrictive aftermarket exhaust and THEN you feel a difference are right.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I got the bluetooth model of the pedal commander, so plugged it in and tucked the entire thing behind the floor center console....
I think I run it on Sport +1 or +2

If I'm in stop and go traffic, I'll lower it to -3 or -4

Just curious - what has happened to anyone if they weren't in park to adjust it? I thought you were supposed to be able to adjust on the fly?
You don’t have to be in Park to adjust it. You just can’t have your foot on the throttle and change it while you’re accelerating or it go whacko on you. You can change it without issue as long as you have your foot on the brake.

Reactions: DeV

Users who are viewing this thread