5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Throttle controllers...

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Was trying to decide between a new intake or getting a throttle controller. Has anyone compared the different throttle controllers? For example...
Pedal commander
Pedal monster
Sprint booster
Wind booster (I think it's called)
Trying to decide which one to get..any input would be appreciated!

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And don't forget JMS Pedalmax.
Ugh I know ...a lot of them out there. I was told a nice S&B intake can help throttle response....maybe I'll just get that. Hoping someone has some experience with more than one throttle controller.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
S&B will do nothing for throttle response! Get the Peddle commander and be done, proven and it works great--
Idk I'd like to see a good comparison on the pedal commander vs the other controllers...seems like they all have a good rep but I'm also interested in the UI of each one. I was told the PC is a little complicated to adjust on the fly.

RamVader

Reaction score
Was trying to decide between a new intake or getting a throttle controller. Has anyone compared the different throttle controllers? For example...
Pedal commander
Pedal monster
Sprint booster
Wind booster (I think it's called)
Trying to decide which one to get..any input would be appreciated!

Here is a link with a video showing the difference between sprint booster, pedal commander, and others. This video helped me make my decision for the sprint booster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here is a link with a video showing the difference between sprint booster, pedal commander, and others. This video helped me make my decision for the sprint booster

Thanks! Good demo. I've already decided against the pedal commander...too much involved and it's not made in USA...neither is wind booster. So it's either the air intake, sprint booster, or the other controller..

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Have you used the Sprint Booster yet? Likes? Dislikes?

RamVader

Reaction score

Yes. I have it installed in my 2020 Limited. I love it. Really wakes up the throttle response. It has been installed for over two months. Zero problems. I am very happy with it. Race 9 is insane! My normal driving is sport 5

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes. I have it installed in my 2020 Limited. I love it. Really wakes up the throttle response. It has been installed for over two months. Zero problems. I am very happy with it. Race 9 is insane! My normal driving is sport 5

Cool! Which setting is "smoke a 3.5 ecoboost"? :p lol.
I'm definitely leaning towards the Sprint Booster though, seems like the best option for a quality USA product...at least I think they're made here...

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I've been using the Sprint Booster since the beginning of the year. It works great. I like how much easier it is to change settings, especially compared to the PC I had on my 4th gen. And it was around half the cost.

ny2az

Reaction score
I've been using the Sprint Booster since the beginning of the year. It works great. I like how much easier it is to change settings, especially compared to the PC I had on my 4th gen. And it was around half the cost.

l have the Vitesse unit... cheapest price in the bunch and does the same job ... installed since January 2020 ... no issues at all to date ....

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Couple others I've found...DigiPower and launchPad. DigiPower is USA made with a better warranty than most.
Found out that SprintBooster is actually made in China. I'm usually particular on anything electronic...the last thing I need is a set of wires burning in my truck lol.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The Pedal Monster is interesting, only one that accesses data from the OBD port. Sounds like it's more refined than the rest

Skater

Reaction score
I'm with RamVader. SprintBooster since purchase of Ram (actually purchased SprintBooster before I took delivery). I leave mine on Sport 5 too and removed the display/control module and keep it in the glovebox. I like that the display/control can be removed while the Sprint Booster still functions.

Bluesurf

Reaction score
This thread is awesome!
The Sprint Booster looks like a logical choice. It looks to be very well designed and thought out.
Its interesting and odd that the Pedal Commander is made in Turkey and Sprint Booster is made in Greece.
Does the eTorque give the Sprint Booster an extra kick in the azz?
I thinking the Sprint Booster may be right for me.
With the Sprint Booster, Is there a very noticeable drop in your MPG's?

Last edited:

Olive Green 5.7

Reaction score
None of these "throttle controllers" are actually making the truck faster, right? They just change the rate of input from the pedal to make what would have been like pushing the pedal almost to the floor equal to a minimal push.....right? I hope that made sense.

Skater

Reaction score
Yes, you are correct, Sprint Booster and the like do not increase power. They simply speed up the response of the throttle body to input and corrections made by the driver to the gas pedal. Simply put, they remove the lag between mashing the peddle and the throttle body response. Although I hate MDS vehemently, I do try to save fuel by keeping my RAM in MDS mode as much as possible. I put the Sprint Booster on 48 hours after I got my Ram home, so I do not know if there is an increase in fuel milage or not, but I suspect there is a loss simply due to the fun of driving a more responsive Ram. I also have the RamAir installed, and judging from my Fuelly records and others in this forum with an average of about 16 mpg, I think my HEMI is doing pretty well. Lately I have even gotten better milage with 17.8 just by driving a little easier and keeping MDS on as much as possible despite the drone it causes in my Carven exhaust. I guess I have gotten used to the drone.

Users who are viewing this thread