5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Throttle controllers...

Bluesurf

Reaction score
This past Wednesday for kicks I went downtown to the Jeep, Ram, Chrysler Dealer. I ended up trading my loved 2019 Ram 1500 with 14K miles. I purchased a 2022 Grand Cherokee L Overland, the options list is maxed out. I just went to the Pedal Commander website thinking I could just plug in my Pedal Commander, I cannot The Grand Cherokee takes a PC-78, and my Ram 1500 takes a PC-31.
If anyone is interested in a perfect Pedal Commander for a 2019-22 Ram 1500, I will sell it for $175.00, and ship it free. I ordered a new one (PC-78) and used a $75.00 discount code (BFH75) . The new ones now retail for $349.00. With the aforementioned discount code I paid $284.98 (includes $10. shipping).
I'm going to miss my Ram, however it will be great to fit into the garage again. My Pedal Commander has been superb, never a code. The Rule; Never make any change unless you are in park. I use city+4 and its great.

Attachments

• PedalCommander.JPG
    PedalCommander.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 23

NRitland2

Reaction score
This past Wednesday for kicks I went downtown to the Jeep, Ram, Chrysler Dealer. I ended up trading my loved 2019 Ram 1500 with 14K miles. I purchased a 2022 Grand Cherokee L Overland, the options list is maxed out. I just went to the Pedal Commander website thinking I could just plug in my Pedal Commander, I cannot The Grand Cherokee takes a PC-78, and my Ram 1500 takes a PC-31.
If anyone is interested in a perfect Pedal Commander for a 2019-22 Ram 1500, I will sell it for $175.00, and ship it free. I ordered a new one (PC-78) and used a $75.00 discount code (BFH75) . The new ones now retail for $349.00. With the aforementioned discount code I paid $284.98 (includes $10. shipping).
I'm going to miss my Ram, however it will be great to fit into the garage again. My Pedal Commander has been superb, never a code. The Rule; Never make any change unless you are in park. I use city+4 and its great.
Awesome deal! I love my pedal commander.. night and day difference and easy to use

DeV

Reaction score
I received a pedal commander last Friday - just over one weekend of use, it feels like my RAM has power and is so smooth with the acceleration....I love it

NRitland2

Reaction score
I received a pedal commander last Friday - just over one weekend of use, it feels like my RAM has power and is so smooth with the acceleration....I love it
Awesome. Have had mine 3 weeks and refuse to go back!!

Remember to play it safe and only change the settings while in park and foot off the pedal.

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
I got the Pedal Max installed and played with the settings a little bit. I really like the simplicity of the adjustment knob! I am still playing around, testing different settings, but currently have it set to 50%.

Anyone else using the Pedal Max? What setting do you use/prefer? I tried it @25%, but didn't feel much change, so I set it to about 65% and got a better idea of what it can do. I haven't tried 100% yet and after feeling 65% I'm not sure I will.

Cda3488

Reaction score
Was trying to decide between a new intake or getting a throttle controller. Has anyone compared the different throttle controllers? For example...
Pedal commander
Pedal monster
Sprint booster
Wind booster (I think it's called)
Trying to decide which one to get..any input would be appreciated!
JMS Pedal max, just put one on my 2020 Laramie and WOW. It’s like a new truck. I wake up every morning to looking forward to driving it lol. I would get it asap, you will love it.

Cda3488

Reaction score
I got the Pedal Max installed and played with the settings a little bit. I really like the simplicity of the adjustment knob! I am still playing around, testing different settings, but currently have it set to 50%.

Anyone else using the Pedal Max? What setting do you use/prefer? I tried it @25%, but didn't feel much change, so I set it to about 65% and got a better idea of what it can do. I haven't tried 100% yet and after feeling 65% I'm not sure I will.
I set mine between 60-75 percent. Of course when it rains I have to turn it off completely. From half to 75 seems to be my favorite.

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
JMS Pedal max, just put one on my 2020 Laramie and WOW. It’s like a new truck. I wake up every morning to looking forward to driving it lol. I would get it asap, you will love it.
What do you have your Pedal Max set to? Oops, you beat me to it.

DeV

Reaction score
I got the bluetooth model of the pedal commander, so plugged it in and tucked the entire thing behind the floor center console....
I think I run it on Sport +1 or +2

If I'm in stop and go traffic, I'll lower it to -3 or -4

Just curious - what has happened to anyone if they weren't in park to adjust it? I thought you were supposed to be able to adjust on the fly?

NRitland2

Reaction score
I got the bluetooth model of the pedal commander, so plugged it in and tucked the entire thing behind the floor center console....
I think I run it on Sport +1 or +2

If I'm in stop and go traffic, I'll lower it to -3 or -4

Just curious - what has happened to anyone if they weren't in park to adjust it? I thought you were supposed to be able to adjust on the fly?
My sweet spot is City +4

DeV

Reaction score
My sweet spot is City +4
I might give that setting a go. Sometimes that Sport mode wants to take off when starting to accelerate from a stop. Good on the road, but can be touchy in a parking lot or when making a turn at a stop sign.

NRitland2

Reaction score
I might give that setting a go. Sometimes that Sport mode wants to take off when starting to accelerate from a stop. Good on the road, but can be touchy in a parking lot or when making a turn at a stop sign.
Totally agree- was spinning the rears on Sport +2.. Feel like City +4 is good for traffic, the highway, and daily driving for me

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had a Pedal Commander on for about a week. Definitely made a difference and was fun to use but I had trouble finding a sweet spot for myself between it being too sensitive (and killing my MPG's lol) and not sensitive enough.

I got just enough extra pep from my Ram Airflow and Magnaflow exhaust that I didn't get super attached to the PC. Plus, I've been driving vehicles with a noticeable throttle delay for years and have more or less adapted to it (i.e. putting a little more pressure than I think I'll need a little sooner than I anticipate I'll actually need it).

I'm sure I'm in the minority. All that being said the PC worked great.

DeV

Reaction score
I had a Pedal Commander on for about a week. Definitely made a difference and was fun to use but I had trouble finding a sweet spot for myself between it being too sensitive (and killing my MPG's lol) and not sensitive enough.

I got just enough extra pep from my Ram Airflow and Magnaflow exhaust that I didn't get super attached to the PC. Plus, I've been driving vehicles with a noticeable throttle delay for years and have more or less adapted to it (i.e. putting a little more pressure than I think I'll need a little sooner than I anticipate I'll actually need it).

I'm sure I'm in the minority. All that being said the PC worked great.
I was always in the minority for absolutely hating the autostop feature....
I'd be okay with it if you could set the delay for how long it takes to engage when stopped, but I hate having the engine shut down just because of a stop sign or moving up in slow traffic...

Users who are viewing this thread