5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Throttle controllers...

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I called them and talked with tech support. They said no update available for mine. Then I asked when they would have the feature available and he put me on hold and checked. He came back and said no timeline. The app is supposed to auto update. It's clear in the app if you have it. It's got its own icon. Mine said not available or something like that. This was as of two weeks ago. I waited out my return window and then sent it back.

Then they really need to tell all their people this and stop advertising that it has it when it doesn't. The other units aren't going to have this feature either from what I can tell (I know my Sprint Booster doesn't).

BTW...What vehicle do have?

RiverRocket

Reaction score
I have a 2021 1500 limited. Our truck isn't even in the configuration setup page on the app you use to control it. They had the 2500, but that was it.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a 2021 1500 limited. Our truck isn't even in the configuration setup page on the app you use to control it. They had the 2500, but that was it.

Gotcha. I just sent them an email asking a bunch of questions including the reverse feature. Not saying what you are saying is not right but I'm curious on what they say with what exactly I would be having. I'll post what they reply with.

RiverRocket

Reaction score
Gotcha. I just sent them an email asking a bunch of questions including the reverse feature. Not saying what you are saying is not right but I'm curious on what they say with what exactly I would be having. I'll post what they reply with.
No problem. They may have it fixed and that is fine. I hope they do. I ran out of time and sent it back before I couldn't. I wish I would have tested the 0-60 thing first. I would have liked to figure that out. I just happened to test it that morning before I pulled it out.

CMil527

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yeah I was told that an email a few minutes ago... torn between the commander and the monster!! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just got this back from Banks receptionist 5 days later. I asked (on 1/24) if this would work on the 2021 5.7 eTorq, their response below.

"Sorry but at this time the Reverse Safety feature isn’t going to work on your truck. We are expanding the PedalMonster’s capabilities to identify when vehicles go into Reverse so it can deactivate during those times. But for right now the PedalMonster will work just that feature will not be available until future updates"

I am doing 2 follow-up emails with them. 1 - for falsifying/misleading the information on their site (with screenshots) that would put them in as a liability if the vehicle were to get into an accident and this is on the vehicle (update the site that it doesn't work on models and to check with support before ordering would cover them). 2 - if this works on the 2020 edition.

Last edited:

Bluesurf

Reaction score
Just got this back from Banks receptionist 5 days later. I asked (on 1/24) if this would work on the 2021 5.7 eTorq, their response below.

"Sorry but at this time the Reverse Safety feature isn’t going to work on your truck. We are expanding the PedalMonster’s capabilities to identify when vehicles go into Reverse so it can deactivate during those times. But for right now the PedalMonster will work just that feature will not be available until future updates"

I am doing 2 follow-up emails with them. 1 - for falsifying/misleading the information on their site (with screenshots) that would put them in as a liability if the vehicle were to get into an accident and this is on the vehicle (update the site that it doesn't work on models and to check with support before ordering would cover them). 2 - if this works on the 2020 edition.
This is the OPPOSITE of what they said to me in 2020. Now I have to say they are Full of it! All we want is facts and truth.

CMil527

Reaction score
Hmm spoke with multiple people there via email and on the phone and was told its good to go for all 2021 1500 5.7 models and all features have been updated and currently available on new units that are shipping.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well then there is miscommunication going on with this. A tech person says one thing, sales person says one thing, and a receptionist (not sure why) says one thing. Can we just get a straight answer. I hope my email back to them hits someone that knows what the hell they are talking about. Not saying what they told you is wrong CMil527 but if it works why 2 different stories?

Last edited:

flint7

Reaction score
Any updates on the Banks and the reverse feature? Any feedback from those that have it?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

silver billet

Reaction score
I just installed a brand new one this week, no reverse feature, but it's not really needed either as far as I can see.

Then again it probably depends on your setting. I'm using city+4, if you run around in "bumper car mode" you might have issues that way.

Bluesurf

Reaction score
I just installed a brand new one this week, no reverse feature, but it's not really needed either as far as I can see.

Then again it probably depends on your setting. I'm using city+4, if you run around in "bumper car mode" you might have issues that way.
I very disappointed that Banks "lied" to me. regarding the reverse setting. I just don't trust them anymore. With all the comments on this blog I would think Banks would follow this thread and comment?

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I very disappointed that Banks "lied" to me. regarding the reverse setting. I just don't trust them anymore. With all the comments on this blog I would think Banks would follow this thread and comment?
Copy the URL and email their customer support.

I'm sending out bid requests to order an ecodiesel. I'll be adding a throttle controller. I'm interested in Banks and want to hear their reply. I'm sure there are a lot of other folks similarly interested.

CMil527

Reaction score
Installed mine about a week ago, very happy with it overall but no reverse feature. Still shows as unavailable despite me being told otherwise. Called them Monday to confirm but no luck but that could be because the tech line sounded like a 20 year girl who was too busy giggling at me to know wtf was going on. As if the world wasn't screwy enuff the partially staffed covid world must have receptionists covering for techs!

Saddlerocker

Reaction score
I know there are a couple throttle controller threads, but I'll ask here...

Is there not a "9-Drive" compatible with the 5th Gen 1500's?
I see they list the 5th Gen 3/4 tons.
Their like $50-$80, but model info is not really reliable.
Has anyone used one?

Users who are viewing this thread