5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TAZER DT for 2019 RAM 1500

grinch72

Reaction score
hey Guys! Is there a setting in the Tazer for the halos to come on daytime? My halos do not come on during day time. I do not run any DTR at this point.
Your halos should be on 24/7. I’d go to the dealer if they aren’t. Something is wrong.

myram2019

Reaction score
Just had a brain fart:

What if Tazer DT sent a signal to enable Gear Limit every time the truck was shifted to drive? This would effectively turn off MCDS (4 cylender mode) that so many people hate. They would sell out overnight.

Z-Automotive...your welcome.
I already pitched that idea to him and he was gonna play around with it and see why he can do. Basically it would return to last setting kind of feature.

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I already pitched that idea to him and he was gonna play around with it and see why he can do. Basically it would return to last setting kind of feature.

This is funny, I actually text them today because I was trying to get in on the 2nd group buy. I actually pitched the same thing and told him sales would jump incredibly high :) . He said he was waiting until he had another DT in the shop

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The issue is that you have to press + several times to get to 8. It starts incrementing/decrimenting from whatever the current gear is. It would need to happen immediately when going to drive and in first gear or it wouldn't be consistent. Hopefully they can make it work.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Would be a big feature. I haven’t pulled the trigger on one of these yet but likely will soon.

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The issue is that you have to press + several times to get to 8. It starts incrementing/decrimenting from whatever the current gear is. It would need to happen immediately when going to drive and in first gear or it wouldn't be consistent. Hopefully they can make it work.
I don't know if this helps but I would be fine with it. Can he wait until he sees the transmission in 8th gear then send "-" pulse one time.

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Your halos should be on 24/7. I’d go to the dealer if they aren’t. Something is wrong.
The 19 I turned back in for this 19 had the halos working at all times in any mode. This truck Halos only work when the head lights are on or park lights.....When you put in Auto mode halos go off and stay off until lights come on.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't know if this helps but I would be fine with it. Can he wait until he sees the transmission in 8th gear then send "-" pulse one time.
That would work for ~45+ mph driving. Might not happen in town where MDS is on more often but you may not see 8th gear in slow traffic. Sending 7 (or 8) "+" immediately after engaging drive would be 100%....if possible. Who knows. Hopefully they can test it out.

Jonathan19Limited

Reaction score
I haven't seen it mentioned previously, but by unplugging the security module and installing the Tazer module in its place, is there anything lost by doing this (i.e. security system functionality, etc.)?

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can it read check engine codes or just reset it to turn off the light? Also for the nav in motion, does it work for Apple CarPlay or just the radio’s gps?

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On and off topic here. I have a Laramie Level 1 with the 8.4 Nav and just the backup Cam. I’d like to add a front camera if possible. I don’t care about the sides or 360 view at all. Just want to be able to look forward when needed for parking purposes. Is there any way of doing this?

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
[...] I’d like to add a front camera if possible.[...]Is there any way of doing this?

I happened to text back and forth with ZAutomotive about this a few days ago - they sell a dual AV input harness for other UConnect systems but haven't confirmed it on the '19s - I'm buying a Tazer in the 2nd Group Buy just for the sake of this option if it becomes available in the future. fingers crossed! I'm actually bummed I didn't know about the 'tow package = 360 cam delete', otherwise I would've spec'd my rebel differently

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I happened to text back and forth with ZAutomotive about this a few days ago - they sell a dual AV input harness for other UConnect systems but haven't confirmed it on the '19s - I'm buying a Tazer in the 2nd Group Buy just for the sake of this option if it becomes available in the future. fingers crossed! I'm actually bummed I didn't know about the 'tow package = 360 cam delete', otherwise I would've spec'd my rebel differently

I don’t have the tow mirrors but I also didn’t do the surround view so it didn’t matter. Just want that front cam somehow.

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don’t have the tow mirrors but I also didn’t do the surround view so it didn’t matter. Just want that front cam somehow.

I'm with you - all i have is backup - so this harness (link) is what i'm hoping will work with basically any wide angle camera added to the front. that said, the OEM front camera is embedded into the 'ram' logo beneath the 'A", that would be a trick install

Wheeler

Reaction score
I got my mds off almost 90 % of time. It only comes on dowh hill if I took my foot off gas paddle.
Easy fix little lift and bigger tires

Blvckr3bel

Reaction score
Ok i reached out to everyone on here that was interested. Gonna wait till tomorrow for everyone to respond.

I dont see the need to have two TAZER forums going, so please post in the MAIN TAZER forum going forward:

Thanks ALL :)

Thanks @myram2019
Placed my order this morning

zsbills

Reaction score
"Simple, plug-in installation – simply unplug the SGW module and plug the Tazer DT Mini in its place. Located above the OBD2 Diagnostic connector. "

Does the SGW module need to be plugged in? Do I lose anything by plugging the tazer dt into it?

Users who are viewing this thread