5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TAZER DT for 2019 RAM 1500

grinch72

Reaction score
Has anyone had the Tazer flake on them?

Only happened during one drive the day after install. I'll see if it continues to occur.

My Start/Stop kept turning off while driving without me touching the button. The light by the button would illuminate.
I have Surround Camera icon on the bottom bar and it flickers on/off (ie: grey's out / active) during the drive.
It will remember what setting you had it on prior. You turned it off and then your etourqe kicked on making the Tazer remember it in the off position. now when you start your truck it will always go to off. even if you turn it back on while running, if the etourqe stops the motor it will go back off. make sense? maybe thats what happened to yours?

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anybody know of the nav in motion works with Apple CarPlay as well?

gmab

Reaction score
It will remember what setting you had it on prior. You turned it off and then your etourqe kicked on making the Tazer remember it in the off position. now when you start your truck it will always go to off. even if you turn it back on while running, if the etourqe stops the motor it will go back off. make sense? maybe thats what happened to yours?
I understand what you're saying. If so, that's kind of a whack implementation. I'll keep messing with it and see if I can figure out what it's doing and if repeatable. Doesn't explain the icon flicker tho.

syddog 2000

Reaction score
I have had one problem which is intermittent, Music while using a bluetooth connected iphone will mute. the notice on the dash tells me that the music is muted and the mute button on the 12 radio has no effect. It happens on roughly 50% of my start ups. A bit irritating as I like to use my Bluetooth for music apps. via my phone. Plugging it in is a pita on short trips.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone had the Tazer flake on them?

Only happened during one drive the day after install. I'll see if it continues to occur.

My Start/Stop kept turning off while driving without me touching the button. The light by the button would illuminate.
I have Surround Camera icon on the bottom bar and it flickers on/off (ie: grey's out / active) during the drive.
I had the Tazer get out of sequence with the persistent Tow and Start/Stop features. It kept turning them back on when I turned them off. Was wierd. I did the Tazer quick reset option and all is well now.

RamRiderLTD

Reaction score
Anyone lose their backup cam after installing the Tazer? I installed mine tonight and my backup cam is just a blue screen. I have the 12" nav. Didn't have time to troubleshoot it.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone lose their backup cam after installing the Tazer? I installed mine tonight and my backup cam is just a blue screen. I have the 12" nav. Didn't have time to troubleshoot it.
Try doing a reset from the Tazer menu with engine off. Several have mentioned that this resolved initial installation issues. The reset reboots the radio.

mike12193

Reaction score
I had the Tazer get out of sequence with the persistent Tow and Start/Stop features. It kept turning them back on when I turned them off. Was wierd. I did the Tazer quick reset option and all is well now.

I had the Tazer flake out a few times. Mine did it once where it was throwing codes for the front and rear parking sensors and service 4wd. I did a unmarry/remarry/reset and all was good. I then had a second and third incident where I used the tow haul mode and it would keep turning tow haul mode back on after I turned it off. Again the unmarry/remarry/reset fixed it both times.

I love the unit but it was a bit annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RamRiderLTD

Reaction score
Try doing a reset from the Tazer menu with engine off. Several have mentioned that this resolved initial installation issues. The reset reboots the radio.
Reboot fixed it. Still feeling my way around this unit. I'd love a remapping of the panic button on the fob to offroad 2 or a custom light show so I can light up the front of the truck in dark places. Having to go into the truck for those things isn't ideal.

grinch72

Reaction score
I then had a second and third incident where I used the tow haul mode and it would keep turning tow haul mode back on after I turned it off. Again the unmarry/remarry/reset fixed it both times.
That was because the Tazer will remember the last setting when the truck restarts. You had it on when you turned off the truck via the key so it remembered it. Then you drove and turned it back off BUT etorque shut off the motor at a stop and when it restarted the Tazer turned it on again!! If you want it to stick you need to set it how you like it and then kill the truck. Keep in mind if you change it while driving and start/stop kicks in, it will set it back to how it was before!

myram2019

Reaction score
I'm organizing another PEDAL COMMANDER GROUP BUY

If anyone is interested, send me your email address.

No conflicts with TAZER :)

JPLomax

Reaction score
I understand what you're saying. If so, that's kind of a whack implementation. I'll keep messing with it and see if I can figure out what it's doing and if repeatable. Doesn't explain the icon flicker tho.
My surround camera icon flickers as well!

grinch72

Reaction score
My surround camera icon flickers as well!
That is the persistent video function. It keeps the camera from going off basically by turning it on as fast as the truck try to turn it off!

gmab

Reaction score
@grinch72 You are a genius. Your explanation of how start/stop is interacting with the system is spot on. I tested it today and works as you’ve described.
With that said, I’m not a fan of this use model.

(Example; if you shut the vehicle of with tow mode on and come back the next day tow will engage. I’m no longer towing so I turn it off. Start/Stop engages and hence tow comes on again. Only way to stop is to pull over and shut truck off. (Or reboot Tazer while in motion-haven’t checked if you can do this)

It would be nice to have a menu option to turn on/off the feature.

Last edited:

JPLomax

Reaction score
That is the persistent video function. It keeps the camera from going off basically by turning it on as fast as the truck try to turn it off!

That’s what I figured.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Reboot fixed it. Still feeling my way around this unit. I'd love a remapping of the panic button on the fob to offroad 2 or a custom light show so I can light up the front of the truck in dark places. Having to go into the truck for those things isn't ideal.
You can setup a Custom Light Show with just Headlights and Fog Lights on...no blinking. Set the Custom Light Show as the default using the PC app and then the Fob will activate front lights. They will stay on until deactivated by the Fob. This is exactly what I did. I feed my dogs and it's dark in the winter. The truck is aimed at my Kennel so it's perfect.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just got an email from the firmware developer at Z-auto. He now has access to a Limited with Pulsar and will begin testing some methods to make them compatible.

FYI...I was playing around with the Tazer DT's vehicle settings (key on/engine off) and discovered the menus display when I long press the Cruise Cancel button. Pulsar uses the same button to display it's current setting as the Tazer DT uses for settings. Both attempt to send messages to the Audio display simultaniously. This causes the Pulsar to overwrite the Tazer DT's menu messages. It appears the Pulsar writes it's message on the off to on (press) and Tazer DT writes it's message on release. Holding the button down for a second allows the Pulsar time to write to the display first then releasing the button after a second allows the Tazer DT to write it's message at a different time. It's not 100% but beats removing the Pulsar. Perhaps the Z-Auto programmer can use that info to help sort out the display issue. I reported my findings to him.

As far as Pulsar and Tazer functions go, they both work fine together once the Tazer DT is setup as desired.

RamRiderLTD

Reaction score
You can setup a Custom Light Show with just Headlights and Fog Lights on...no blinking. Set the Custom Light Show as the default using the PC app and then the Fob will activate front lights. They will stay on until deactivated by the Fob. This is exactly what I did. I feed my dogs and it's dark in the winter. The truck is aimed at my Kennel so it's perfect.
Thanks for the tip. I haven't been able to dive into the software yet. I had to work out some bugs yesterday but now it's working perfectly. I'm going to do that for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread