5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TAZER DT for 2019 RAM 1500

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
"Simple, plug-in installation – simply unplug the SGW module and plug the Tazer DT Mini in its place. Located above the OBD2 Diagnostic connector. "

Does the SGW module need to be plugged in? Do I lose anything by plugging the tazer dt into it?

As i understand it, the SGW (Security GateWay) Module is mimicked by the Tazer and thus should be a 1:1 replacement if you do no custom settings. it's also 'married' to the truck by way of initial programming.

Something I thought of on a side note; if the original SGW is removable or obscured in some way, then removing the Tazer should also act as an additional layer of anti-theft, no?

zsbills

Reaction score
Have you seen on the zauto website the unmarry service? So you have to pay to unmarry the device from your vehicle? I guess I should of thought about these questions before I ordered one.

danc

Reaction score
Had a quick look where to install the Tazar couldnt see , is it under dash above pedals, or behind my 12" screen.
Thanks

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just a curious question for any one who may know or may have this happen.....What happens if one removes the tazer from the port and forgets to UNMARRY it when unplugging it?

Viper67

Reaction score
Then you lose some of the functions. Read the manual. It spells out what happens. You don’t have to leave it plugged in if you don’t care about some of the settings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Then you lose some of the functions. Read the manual. It spells out what happens. You don’t have to leave it plugged in if you don’t care about some of the settings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have read the manual....Understand if the module is not plugged in one would loose some functions. :) The question was what if some any of us simply unplugs the Tazer and plugs back in the stock module and never UNMARRIED the Tazer before it was unplugged? So would be simply just plug back in and remary?

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have read the manual....Understand if the module is not plugged in one would loose some functions. :) The question was what if some any of us simply unplugs the Tazer and plugs back in the stock module and never UNMARRIED the Tazer before it was unplugged? So would be simply just plug back in and remary?
Nothing would happen. Whenever you plug it in then it would resume normal function. However, if you do not unmarry it, you can not use it in another vehicle. You can send it in to Tazer and they can unmarry it for you for a fee.

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nothing would happen. Whenever you plug it in then it would resume normal function. However, if you do not unmarry it, you can not use it in another vehicle. You can send it in to Tazer and they can unmarry it for you for a fee.

So what happened if you put it back in same truck and unmarry it?

Saints

Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I think if you just unplug it you retain some features. If you unmarry it you lose all functions?

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I think if you just unplug it you retain some features. If you unmarry it you lose all functions?

Correct, from the manual linked above:

Tazer DT features can be broken into two categories;  Vehicle Settings – which are changes made to the RAM like tire size, gear ratios, or change settings to accommodate other upgrades or modifications. These changes will continue to operate after the Tazer DT is unplugged.  Live Functions – which are functions the Tazer DT performs live, only while plugged in.

OldArmyDoc

Reaction score
Installed Tazer yesterday. Had a bit of a time locating the module wires under dash but was okay after some help from a great member here.The tazer is excellent for what I wanted. Item enhanced as follows:
Fogs lights enabled with bright lights.
Seat belt dinger disabled.
Enabled cams to work in motion.( used while towing flat bed trailer last knight and its awesome to check on cargo in trailer)
Enable Navigation in motion. ( wife used it yesterday while we was driving)

Happy camper! :)

Thanks to member for the discount,thanks to member who assisted with wire location.
I am new to this and can not find/set cam in motion. How do you do this? Thanks

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am new to this and can not find/set cam in motion. How do you do this? Thanks
I believe it's a "Vehicle Setting" which is accessed with the ignition in run with the engine off. (Leave your foot off the brake while pushing start twice in mine). Across the menus by holding left side left button and right side Cruise cancel. It should be one of the first items displayed. The manual shows the method for navigating the menu.

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Start you motor and go threw menu just like you do for the other menu with Start not run menu only with motor running and set Navigation in Motion to YES! Note: you must have your turn signal Cams set to OFF for in Motion Navigation to work. Most awesome feature for me was navigation!

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe it's a "Vehicle Setting" which is accessed with the ignition in run with the engine off. (Leave your foot off the brake while pushing start twice in mine). Across the menus by holding left side left button and right side Cruise cancel. It should be one of the first items displayed. The manual shows the method for navigating the menu.
The Motor must be running to set Navigation in motion to YES and turn signal Cams set to OFF.You must be in in the Start run mode with no motor running to set cams with turn signals on like Excusion stated. :). A bit confusing but if nav in motion is on cams with turn will not work and visa versa.

Last edited:

gmab

Reaction score
Has anyone had the Tazer flake on them?

Only happened during one drive the day after install. I'll see if it continues to occur.

My Start/Stop kept turning off while driving without me touching the button. The light by the button would illuminate.
I have Surround Camera icon on the bottom bar and it flickers on/off (ie: grey's out / active) during the drive.

Users who are viewing this thread