5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TAZER DT for 2019 RAM 1500

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Quick question and I've been trying to figure out what the key fob but end up just pressing buttons so many times I'm not 100% certain. It's related to the five button press two lower the windows and the five button press to do the light show. Tell me if I'm right or slightly off.

pressing the unlock button five times rapidly will lower the windows.

Pressing the unlock button five times with long presses will activate the light show.

Pressing the unlock button again once light show initiates will scroll through the different light show scenes.

How do you stop the light show? Is it pressing the lock button once or pressing the lock button five slow times I thought I remember seeing a video of just pressing lock

and then to raise the windows is 5 quick presses of the lock button

Do the above sound correct?

I've got them all to work but somewhat intermittently I think I might need the doors to be locked and wait a few seconds before initiating some of the sequences is that also correct? You need the doors locked or unlocked before initiating any of the button pressing sequences? Does that even matter.
Sounds about right. I thought it was
Unlock-Unlock-Lock-Unlock
to initiate the default Light Show.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Just as a heads up, the programmer at Tazer has a friend who ordered a loaded 2019 Limited that he will have access to for over a week once it arrives. He is going to do as much testing as he can and look for ways to disable the MCDS and have the mirrors auto fold on lock/unlock versus IGN. In addition, he's going to see if he can make a few mods to accommodate the Pulsar and any issues that conflict with its use. I am sure there are several other things he'll "play with" too but hopefully we'll see a new update with some pretty cool add-ons one his friends truck arrives a a laboratory for him to play with and test his programming!

mtehonica

Reaction score
Enhancements I'd like to see:

Light Show: Add the side mirror courtesy lights to the list of controllable lights.

ZPU: Allow setting ALL options via software. This would be a good work around for Pulsar users.

Air Suspension: manual front and rear hight adjustment. Ability to save current adjusted height as current selected air suspension height (alter calibrations to level the truck)

Uconnect: Live Function to reboot the radio. NOBODY knows how to manually reboot the radio.

AutoDim Side Mirrors: Disable auto-dim. Owners with tinted side windows don't need darker side mirrors. They are too dark.

Sunroof: add option to raise the sunroof with auto-window roll down. Helps truck cool down quicker.

This is a great list! Hopefully the Tazer guys will see it.

myram2019

Reaction score
Just as a heads up, the programmer at Tazer has a friend who ordered a loaded 2019 Limited that he will have access to for over a week once it arrives. He is going to do as much testing as he can and look for ways to disable the MCDS and have the mirrors auto fold on lock/unlock versus IGN. In addition, he's going to see if he can make a few mods to accommodate the Pulsar and any issues that conflict with its use. I am sure there are several other things he'll "play with" too but hopefully we'll see a new update with some pretty cool add-ons one his friends truck arrives a a laboratory for him to play with and test his programming!
He also said the he will work on the air suspension. turnCam and e-locker. I sure there will be an amazing update pretty soon.

jimk hunt

Reaction score
Would be great if our current settings were saved when we download the new version. Great mod. If you are on the fence, go for it.

Jagtyson

Reaction score
Super, I find the auto folding mirrors with ignition off a bit dangerous when parallel parking in the city...can't see oncoming traffic from the rear when opening the door.
Having the option to auto fold when locking doors would be great.

I am also a pulsar user so any changes to eliminate conflicts would be wonderful..

Creep0321

Reaction score
Does any one have any pictures of the different DRL setups the Tazer offers?

grinch72

Reaction score
Does any one have any pictures of the different DRL setups the Tazer offers?
Turn signal, DRL low beam and off. Thats it. They tried to get fog's as an option but the truck wont accept it at this time.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would be interested in the group buy and also if it is going to be Backup camera compatible with the 12" screen instead of just the 8.4" for the turn signal function and also if each side mirror camera could be programmed to come on with that sides blinker.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
^^^. I would love to see photos of that Del Sol and I had two when I was much younger..

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't believe Uconnect can show just one side mirror camera. The cars I've seen do this had rear facing cameras. Ours are extremely wide-angle and pointed straight down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online