5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TAZER DT for 2019 RAM 1500

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't believe Uconnect can show just one side mirror camera. The cars I've seen do this had rear facing cameras. Ours are extremely wide-angle and pointed straight down.

My motorhome does this when you put on a blinker, it brings up that side mirror camera and lets you see the whole lane before changing lanes. I love this feature but I think the angle of the side mirror cameras on our trucks might not be as much of an assist.

Last edited:

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone looked into adding a cargo camera to the CHSLM? The tazer paperwork says it can enable it, just wondering what else is required/available to accomplish this. For those of us without side view cameras, enabling a good wide angle cargo cam on turn signal activation should catch both sides of the trucks blind spots. Another feature that would be nice would be to enable the puddle lamps when the truck is in reverse I back in next to things all the time and like being able to the see the rear wheels in the side mirror so they don't get rashed. The puddle lamps do a pretty good job of illuminating the side of the truck where there is absolutely no light from the reverse lights.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone looked into adding a cargo camera to the CHSLM? The tazer paperwork says it can enable it, just wondering what else is required/available to accomplish this. For those of us without side view cameras, enabling a good wide angle cargo cam on turn signal activation should catch both sides of the trucks blind spots. Another feature that would be nice would be to enable the puddle lamps when the truck is in reverse I back in next to things all the time and like being able to the see the rear wheels in the side mirror so they don't get rashed. The puddle lamps do a pretty good job of illuminating the side of the truck where there is absolutely no light from the reverse lights.
I believe the Uconnect system has 4 camera inputs. I'm not sure where the cargo camera would be plugged in. Do the all of our trucks have a backup camera already? Perhaps the front camera input on non-360 view trucks would be used. Those of us with 360 view are maxed out already.

whetrick1

Reaction score
Does anyone have any pics of the different splash screens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grinch72

Reaction score
Another request for the next DT version. A feature to deploy and stow the side steps via the remote.
What’s the logic? The come down when you open the door. Why deploy them with the remote??

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What’s the logic? The come down when you open the door. Why deploy them with the remote??
I agree. I would never want mine down unless I was getting in and out of the truck. If I wanted them down while washing it just hit the button on the Uconnect.

grinch72

Reaction score
Parking lot protection; retract when driving, stay deployed when parked to give a little barrier to the door and shopping cart ding patrol.
You can do that now. Just deploy them when you park. They will stay down. Once you get it and start driving they will self store.

grinch72

Reaction score
We know that...but it would be cool and easier to control from your fob. I like his idea.
Nah, not for me. It’s easy to push a button on the screen when you park. I actually like the idea too around parking cart protection and may start doing it. However I’d much rather roll down my windows on a hot day from the fob vs dropping my steps.

grinch72

Reaction score
You can also fold the mirrors every time with a button press and thus don't need the AutoFold feature.
Auto is one thing. Using the keyfob or any other button is another story!

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The key fob can control numerous additional functions if Z-Automotive wants to add anything. We may not like the complex sequence of buttons to do that, but it's possible. We don't have to give up existing features to add another.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
The key fob can control numerous additional functions if Z-Automotive wants to add anything. We may not like the complex sequence of buttons to do that, but it's possible. We don't have to give up existing features to add another.

After playing around with this all morning, I just got my Tazer to work with the power folding steps and my remote...the sequence is the following:

UNLOCK...UNLOCK...LOCK...LOCK...LOCK...TAILGATE...UNLOCK...TAILGATE...REMOTE START...UNLOCK...PANIC...LOCK...UNLOCK...UNLOCK

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online