5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TAZER DT for 2019 RAM 1500

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a couple requests if the developers are monitoring this thread.

1- Disable the Ram user agreement on the radio at every start.

2- Get rid if the "Sent from Ram Uconnect" signature from text messaging sent through the radio.

Thank you.

gmab

Reaction score
My request;

Allow music search feature while moving so passenger can search for artist/song/album etc.

93CBRA

Reaction score
Anyone know if Tazer DT can defeat the stability control in 2 wheel drive? I don't think it can but figured I'd ask, I'd buy if it could. This Ram puts a serious handicap on my winter fun :(

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone know if Tazer DT can defeat the stability control in 2 wheel drive? I don't think it can but figured I'd ask, I'd buy if it could. This Ram puts a serious handicap on my winter fun :(
The manual says it can turn off ALL traction control and requires a restart to turn it back on. I don't recall it saying 4WD only.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
100% in 2wd or 4wd. One of my favorite features. Hold down traction control off for 5sec and it disables traction, stability and ABS controls. Awesome!
Let the melting of the tires begin!

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks!
It is awesome. Best money for value I've put into the truck so far. A must have for someone who likes to set up their vehicles the way they like and get rid of all the Ram-nanny restrictions. I love it.

93CBRA

Reaction score
It is awesome. Best money for value I've put into the truck so far. A must have for someone who likes to set up their vehicles the way they like and get rid of all the Ram-nanny restrictions. I love it.
If there's another group buy I'll be in for sure!

sutterboy

Reaction score
If i get 10 people on a group buy for the TAZER DT programmer, there is a nice discount. PM me for more details.

will it allow me to hook up a audio video cable similar to a camera with audio and watch it in motion? I have the 12 inch display and want to hold a DVD player up and watch it in motion?

Panhandle Ram

Reaction score
Installed Tazer DT few days ago, and I'm very pleased with this gadget!
Using a few of the settings adjustments that apply to mine and the light show is flashy too. my 1yr old son likes it! To add, did the light show at night in the yard and the tail lights flashing bright enough over my fence to get the nosy apartment complex lady (had disputes with) to do a lap past my house. Probably thought it was police or first responders. Nope just this brand new truck, ya nosy old hag!
Anyone run their 0-30 and 0-60 times? Is it pretty accurate in your opinions? I like this on the fly acceleration timer. We can use this data for so much. Can compare different trims, to compare the different gear ratios 3.92 vs 3.21, wheels+tires to stockers, My sea level numbers vs a members 8000ft elevation #'s. loaded vs not loaded! Could spark quite alot of gearhead convo! If its accurate which I pray it is!
this stock 3.92 e-torque on 4-auto scoots for a full size

Lize

Reaction score
Long thread and I don't think this has been suggested, sounds like a shortcut for switching on/off tilting the mirrors in reverse might be desirable?

Chris

Reaction score
Long thread and I don't think this has been suggested, sounds like a shortcut for switching on/off tilting the mirrors in reverse might be desirable?
You can already turn the reverse tilt off in the Uconnect options without Tazer; are you requesting a shortcut to do this through a single button? Accessing the Tazer menu option to turn this off is at least as cumbersome as accessing the RAM/Uconnect settings to turn this off without the Tazer.

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just got an email from the firmware developer at Z-auto. He now has access to a Limited with Pulsar and will begin testing some methods to make them compatible.

FYI...I was playing around with the Tazer DT's vehicle settings (key on/engine off) and discovered the menus display when I long press the Cruise Cancel button. Pulsar uses the same button to display it's current setting as the Tazer DT uses for settings. Both attempt to send messages to the Audio display simultaniously. This causes the Pulsar to overwrite the Tazer DT's menu messages. It appears the Pulsar writes it's message on the off to on (press) and Tazer DT writes it's message on release. Holding the button down for a second allows the Pulsar time to write to the display first then releasing the button after a second allows the Tazer DT to write it's message at a different time. It's not 100% but beats removing the Pulsar. Perhaps the Z-Auto programmer can use that info to help sort out the display issue. I reported my findings to him.

As far as Pulsar and Tazer functions go, they both work fine together once the Tazer DT is setup as desired.

Any updates from the developer as to what may be coming? I am thinking of selling because there isn't much for me personally.

Lize

Reaction score
You can already turn the reverse tilt off in the Uconnect options without Tazer; are you requesting a shortcut to do this through a single button? Accessing the Tazer menu option to turn this off is at least as cumbersome as accessing the RAM/Uconnect settings to turn this off without the Tazer.
I haven't got the Tazer as yet, I was thinking a shortcut in that would make turning on and off dipping mirrors easier but if the Tazer menu is cumbersome then they'd be no point, thanks for clarifying. The other complaint was about them dropping too low but I would think being able to alter dip height would be complicated programming and not worth the effort.

Users who are viewing this thread