5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TAZER DT for 2019 RAM 1500

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any updates from the developer as to what may be coming? I am thinking of selling because there isn't much for me personally.
I know he's working on some things right now. He recently acquired a Pulsar and is seeing about making them work better together. Somebody else had said he was trying to see if there was a way to disable MDS automatically. That's the big one I'm looking for. It would make an instant purchase.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
@ksn240 is exactly right. He has a friend who just purchased a loaded Limited and he was given use of it for a week or two to play with and try to do as much as he could to increase the value proposition of the device. I'd hang on as there is much more to come!

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@ksn240 is exactly right. He has a friend who just purchased a loaded Limited and he was given use of it for a week or two to play with and try to do as much as he could to increase the value proposition of the device. I'd hang on as there is much more to come!
I'm actually the one that sold him the Pulsar. I will be ordering a Tazer soon and feel like I get the same benefit of the Pedal Commander without the hassle when I need to take it to the dealer. Also the throttle issues people were having worried me. No problem if I am driving the truck, but If my wife was in it for some reason she would panic and wouldn't know what to do, and the thought of the kids being with her. Couldn't risk it, even though I loved the hell out of the Pulsar. It stayed in performance mode and zero issues the time I had it on there. Updates for the Tazer should be coming soon though.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
@ksn240 ...not sure I am following you here my friend based on your statement below. The Tazer DT does nothing like the Pedal Commander so I am unclear as to what you are trying to convey. Are you just talking about the ease of removal when going to the dealer?

"I will be ordering a Tazer soon and feel like I get the same benefit of the Pedal Commander without the hassle when I need to take it to the dealer."

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@ksn240 ...not sure I am following you here my friend based on your statement below. The Tazer DT does nothing like the Pedal Commander so I am unclear as to what you are trying to convey. Are you just talking about the ease of removal when going to the dealer?

"I will be ordering a Tazer soon and feel like I get the same benefit of the Pedal Commander without the hassle when I need to take it to the dealer."
That comparison was meant to be made toward the Pulsar. With the Pedal Commander on Sport+ mode it is comparable to the Pulsar on performance.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
That comparison was meant to be made toward the Pulsar. With the Pedal Commander on Sport+ mode it is comparable to the Pulsar on performance.

I understand...the PC does give you a ton of get up and go. I thought about the Pulsar but it doesn't sound worth the hassle to me.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can already turn the reverse tilt off in the Uconnect options without Tazer; are you requesting a shortcut to do this through a single button? Accessing the Tazer menu option to turn this off is at least as cumbersome as accessing the RAM/Uconnect settings to turn this off without the Tazer.
None of the "Vehicle Settings" can be accessed during vehicle operation but "Live Functions" can. They can also be assigned to a single button press for easy access. Can't imagine wanting to enable/disable tilting mirrors on a regular basis...but might be handy for someone.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The same except fot the -0.3 Sec 0-60 improvement. I tested mine and Performance mode was 0.3 sec faster vs stock. 0.3 sec is equivalent to a 20 to 25hp increase depending on the calculation. I used the Tazer's 0-60 feature on all test. 93 Octane with several back to back runs on the same flat road, both directions. It was consistently 0.3 faster. 6.82 stock 6.54 Performance.

whetrick1

Reaction score
The same except fot the -0.3 Sec 0-60 improvement. I tested mine and Performance mode was 0.3 sec faster vs stock. 0.3 sec is equivalent to a 20 to 25hp increase depending on the calculation. I used the Tazer's 0-60 feature on all test. 93 Octane with several back to back runs on the same flat road, both directions. It was consistently 0.3 faster. 6.82 stock 6.54 Performance.

You can probably get that with a pedal commander on sport +. Just saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoosterWyo

Reaction score
Can someone please elaborate about the "enable aux switches on radio" feature?

~Rooster

whetrick1

Reaction score
Don't see how. Wide Open Throttle 100% is the same no matter how the pedal is mapped. Acceleration is directly related to power. Advanced Timing with 93 Octane makes more power. The PC doesn't do that.

Your right the pedal commander would get wide open throttle quicker. But the only true way to get the parameters right is to have true tuner and the tune to go with it. Which the Tazer DT my change a few things but not like a tuner. And 0.3 is not that big of a difference. That's why I'm waiting for Diablo to come out with a tuner that you can customize like the one I had on my 2016. Swap the computer out and put the modified one on.

Last edited:

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Can someone please elaborate about the "enable aux switches on radio" feature?

~Rooster
You can designate the CRUISE control buttons on the right side of the steering wheel as AUX buttons to perform various functions when you are NOT using the CRUISE control function.

RoosterWyo

Reaction score
You can designate the CRUISE control buttons on the right side of the steering wheel as AUX buttons to perform various functions when you are NOT using the CRUISE control function.

Gotcha. I understood that, but didn't get that the quote was referring to that. Thanks for clarifying. Assuming they get the bus worked out with pulsar compatibility, I will be picking one of these up.

~Rooster

DarkKn1ght

Reaction score
I can't wait until either Diablo or HP Tuners figures out how to crack these. We'll start to see some crazy builds then. I'm personally hoping to get an Edelbrock E-Force kit once she's paid off.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Your right the pedal commander would get wide open throttle quicker. But the only true way to get the parameters right is to have true tuner and the tune to go with it. Which the Tazer DT my change a few things but not like a tuner. And 0.3 is not that big of a difference. That's why I'm waiting for Diablo to come out with a tuner that you can customize like the one I had on my 2016. Swap the computer out and put the modified one on.

0.3 isn't a big deal but, by every 0-60 calculator I tried, it equates to 25hp improvement. Folks are spending $800 for CAI and exhaust to get the same result. Not a bad value.

Btw the way, that's about 1.5 truck lengths ahead at 0-60. Most of the difference is felt at 3k to 4k RPM where the torque is much improved.

Last edited:

JPLomax

Reaction score

I believe that is referred to as “remap” which is different from the AUX Buttons . The “AUX Button” feature is a hardware offering from ZAutomotive for select model years of the Charger, Challenger, 300 as well as the Grand Cherokee and the Durango. Not available for the RAM. These AUX Buttons add physical buttons that can be assigned for dedicated access to many of the Tazer features. Again not for the RAM

Here is the product page

And the install guide.

RoosterWyo

Reaction score
This...
60a7ed4c5def5d8263e090eb063d7b86.jpg

~Rooster
2019 Ram 1500 Longhorn

Users who are viewing this thread