5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

mtnbikej

Reaction score
if it is a sold order and you placed a deposit it should be held for a few weeks to give you a chance to get it.

It's my understanding that as long as they get it off the lot within 14 days it doesn't cost them anything. After that, they have to start paying lot/insurance fees.

mtnbikej

Reaction score
How many of you bought the truck within 24 hours of its arrival to the dealer? I think most dealers do in inspection, clean it up so you will think it will be like that all the time; then you arrive, drive it, etc. do financing and the deal & drive away... What is a reasonable time frame for this process to play out? If the truck arrives during the workweek, many people cannot get there till after work, not during daylight hours until the weekend. How long will most dealers hold a vehicle for you if you ordered it?

The dealer that screwed me on my first order texted me at 5pm the night before saying it was there and if I could come by the next morning at 10am. When I arrived, the truck hadn't been through it's PDI and it was still dirty. The dealer said it came in right before closing and they didn't have time to prep it yet. However the sleazy dealer had enough time to slap the Dealer Addendum sticker on the window.

Since things went south in regards to the sale and I walked. 3 weeks later that truck is still on the lot, and now it's costing them money. (y)🤣

Mpgrimm2

Reaction score
@Eighty @triple_B
(for your tracker)

Driving home from work last night and decided to drive thru the dealer lot. Like like the 22 rebel I ordered last June finally made it there....

6/28/21 Ordered

2/9/22 Built

3/4/22 Delivered to dealer (SC)

Last 8 or the vin: NN119686

Now to see how things shake out vs my trade, etc since I had already given up 2 mos ago & picked up the limited (...1st world problems)

2ecdbb45f8a10d9327cdd231915cb612.jpg

f4c776a39ded44fc21d24b829aecb087.jpg

Last edited:

Freebie2

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat, ordered a 2021 last March, bumped into a 2022 shortly after, still no VIN assigned. Priority will be given to where they make money, fleet vehicles are at the bottom of that list.
Where are you situated. We are in Aus. We ordered a limited with a lot of extras in Feb last year. The dealer here in Aus finally told us it is a fleet order and ram aren’t doing fleet orders yet, so have no time on when we will receive it. What did you order. Thank you for replying to me.

GTRam

Reaction score
the POC is usually very close
my truck arrived between 6 am and 9 am I got a call at 10 am and was looking at it at 11 am. it was still in all the plastic like seen in post
I drove it home at 2pm
it was washed, gassed up too.

never test drove it, but they asked if I wanted to.

if it is a sold order and you placed a deposit it should be held for a few weeks to give you a chance to get it.
Good week.......I finally got an ETA for my Rebel GT, was 3/15, then 3/13, then 3/10 arriving in Orlando......hopefully to the dealership in 1 to 2 days. Decided to order my running boards, bedbug, and tonneau cover (wife birthday present!) to match delivery. Can't wait to see and drive the beast!

Will be saying goodbye to my older Tundra, must say, it has given me exceptional service. Hoping the Rebel will be just as reliable.

Funny thing during my last visit at the Toyota dealership, I told them I had ordered a Ram Rebel. An employee commented, good choice, no Flames intended at Tundra enthusiasts.......just think they missed the mark on their new design.

Boa24

Reaction score
Good week.......I finally got an ETA for my Rebel GT, was 3/15, then 3/13, then 3/10 arriving in Orlando......hopefully to the dealership in 1 to 2 days. Decided to order my running boards, bedbug, and tonneau cover (wife birthday present!) to match delivery. Can't wait to see and drive the beast!

Will be saying goodbye to my older Tundra, must say, it has given me exceptional service. Hoping the Rebel will be just as reliable.

Funny thing during my last visit at the Toyota dealership, I told them I had ordered a Ram Rebel. An employee commented, good choice, no Flames intended at Tundra enthusiasts.......just think they missed the mark on their new design.
Add in the fact that they've having those turbo wastegate issues as well

gpk43

Reaction score
5 more forum members with trucks on the way! Congratulations to @Solveig, @DelmonicoBigHorn, @gpk43, @ZT269, @Eric2022

VINBSWSBStoWSSTATECOLORSERIES
193272 @SolveigXX
4​
NevadaDelmonicoLonghorn
248044 @DelmonicoBigHornXX
0​
FloridaDelmonicoBig Horn / Lonestar
289305 @Gpk43XX
7​
New YorkDelmonicoBig Horn / Lonestar
290407 @ZT269XX
0​
North CarolinaRedRebel
316461 @Eric2022XX
2​
KentuckyBlackLimited
Triple B your work on updates is awesome!!!

Your updates are better than my dealer. In fact I update him based on your data.

You make the wait bearable.

Thank you

RebelChefTobz

Reaction score
If anyone is wondering about how good of a deal MD is, I asked about pricing for the truck I already ordered through another dealer, and even added a few features. Even with the increases in MSRPs, the additional options and the cost to go get it and drive it back to AZ, it would likely still save me $2-4k depending on gas/ flight prices. It's really tempting to forget the truck I have that's been sitting in inspection for the last 32 days and reorder through MD. 🤔 😆

Last edited:

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If anyone is wondering about how good of a deal MD is, I asked about pricing for the truck I already ordered through another dealer, and even added a few features. Even with the increases in MSRPs and the cost to go get it Wang drive it back to AZ, it would likely still save me $2-4k depending on gas/ flight prices. It's really tempting to forget the truck I have that's been sitting in inspection for the last 32 days and reorder through MD. 🤔 😆
thats nuts... but then you have to wait all over again. 😞. which I suppose is not much different than having your current truck in limbo.

gpk43

Reaction score
Ordered the truck on 1/15/21. On 1/17/21 the cost rose $15,050 and the dealer said they would eat it. Hope it comes in by end of March to take advance of incentives. Ram is currently offing an additional coupon for $1,000 off. Go onto the Ram site and you can get yours too.

But you need to send to the dealer so the coupon can be processed BEFORE your deal is final.

gpk43

Reaction score
Ordered the truck on 1/15/21. On 1/17/21 the cost rose $15,050 and the dealer said they would eat it. Hope it comes in by end of March to take advance of incentives. Ram is currently offing an additional coupon for $1,000 off. Go onto the Ram site and you can get yours too.

But you need to send to the dealer so the coupon can be processed BEFORE your deal is final.
Sorry cost rose $1,550.

Cruzer1

Reaction score
I picked up my truck from MD on Thursday. I flew in from Lake Charles at 11 am and was ready to hit the road just after noon. We took 1100 miles to central Ohio. There were no issues with the drive with not a scratch. Robert, Thomas and Aaron were great to work with at Mark Dodge. I want to again thank @triple_B, @Eighty and everyone else on the forum! Here are a few pictures now that I am home.

Attachments

• IMG_1950.jpg
    IMG_1950.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1951.jpg
    IMG_1951.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_1952.jpg
    IMG_1952.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_1953.jpg
    IMG_1953.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 71

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I picked up my truck from MD on Thursday. I flew in from Lake Charles at 11 am and was ready to hit the road just after noon. We took 1100 miles to central Ohio. There were no issues with the drive with not a scratch. Robert, Thomas and Aaron were great to work with at Mark Dodge. I want to again thank @triple_B, @Eighty and everyone else on the forum! Here are a few pictures now that I am home.
Congratulations man, glad the drive home went smooth! Enjoy that truck!

Jrm7

Reaction score
Enjoy the new Ride there’s always next time you definitely won’t regret the extra space in your garage though
I have had a truck in there. Plenty of room. That’s one of reasons I bought the house. ;)
All my junks are in other side. In 3rd car garage section. But it’s quite clean and organized.

also, to add on, I contacted the dealer owner because he introduced himself to me when I test drove first day. And he seems to be very respected business man. So on email I explained everything. He responded quickly and stated he’s really sorry it happened and shouldn’t have happened period. He said be would take necessary actions and follow up with me on Monday. What can he do? I don’t know. Since I bought the explorer under same company as his dealer.

tat2dwiseguy

Reaction score
@Eighty @triple_B
(for your tracker)

Driving home from work last night and decided to drive thru the dealer lot. Like like the 22 rebel I ordered last June finally made it there....

6/28/21 Ordered

2/9/22 Built

3/4/22 Delivered to dealer (SC)

Last 8 or the vin: NN119686

Now to see how things shake out vs my trade, etc since I had already given up 2 mos ago & picked up the limited (...1st world problems)

2ecdbb45f8a10d9327cdd231915cb612.jpg

f4c776a39ded44fc21d24b829aecb087.jpg
Damn that Limited looks GOOD!

m.hamner

Reaction score
Ha. We have the exact same truck except I have the 3.21 gears and Trailer brake control whereas you have the tow group with 3.92 gears. She's gorgeous man. I think I made the right decision after seeing a fellow ivory night edition. Thanks for sharing those pics man and enjoy!

RebelChefTobz

Reaction score
thats nuts... but then you have to wait all over again. 😞. which I suppose is not much different than having your current truck in limbo.
But from what I've seen, most of the people that order from MD are getting their trucks pretty fast. And....I've been waiting since mid-Oct.... so what's a couple more months? Lol

I'm probably too chicken to pull the trigger on it anyway. Lol

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Matt863

Reaction score
4 more forum members with trucks on the way! Congratulations to @Cobalt 23, @Matt863, @heffy, @1Raider

211409 @Cobalt 23XX
5​
MassachusettsBlackLonghorn
252235 @Matt863XX
30​
OhioGraniteLimited
301113 @HeffyXX
1​
LouisianaRedRebel
315138 @1RaiderXX
3​
LouisianaPatriotLimited

Big Congratulations to @Matt863 for that 30 day wait on the WS. Truck is finally finished!
Thanks for the update. Dealer called me at 9am today letting me know it finally got out of the adding accessories stage. I can't wait to see what freebies they gave me that took so long! I didn't know there were so many that could be added that take 30 days.

For those who signed up for the $1000 bonus cash recently, the dealers know about it. I didn't bring it up, but he told me how he sees I received the extra $1000 from signing up on the website. I was going to bring it up later, but they know. In Ohio, we also have another $1000 available plus 0% for 48. https://www.daystarchrysler.com/ is who I went through. So far, so good. They went below invoice. Maybe not like MD, but they are 1300 miles closer than MD.

1Raider

Reaction score
4 more forum members with trucks on the way! Congratulations to @Cobalt 23, @Matt863, @heffy, @1Raider

211409 @Cobalt 23XX
5​
MassachusettsBlackLonghorn
252235 @Matt863XX
30​
OhioGraniteLimited
301113 @HeffyXX
1​
LouisianaRedRebel
315138 @1RaiderXX
3​
LouisianaPatriotLimited

Big Congratulations to @Matt863 for that 30 day wait on the WS. Truck is finally finished!
Thank you Triple B for all the updates.. Getting excited about it now and wondering where the chart is that tells us how long it is from WS to the dealer?

Users who are viewing this thread