5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

TSL

Reaction score
....And for anyone waiting to pick up your sold order at MD.... they've got several truckloads.... CJ said they had 8 car carriers unload on Tuesday, day before we arrived.
Yep, mine was one of them that came in on Tues. Aaron said they got something like 40 trucks in that day.
Except this happened to mine :

They are being really pro-active at taking care of the issue though, but disappointing none the less

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you, I tried other computers and cleared the cache. Still no luck. Is it possible for you to upload a screen capture?
FWIW, the servers are still wonky. You might be able to pull it up by replacing RamTrucks with one of the following: Dodge, Jeep, Chrysler, FiatUSA.

UnclJim

Reaction score
Anyone know the distance required for rail transport versus car carrier? Specifically, wondering if vehicles going the 470 miles to Koons outside of Wash DC is shipped via rail or truck. (I will ask them next week when I check in, but thought I'd ask here first)
I don’t know specifically but. My truck going to just north of Philly arrived on Rail.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not exactly, the POC will still show what you ordered, but more importantly the top of the sheet will show the current status and any ETA's the factory has assigned to your order.

Your Build Sheet shows what was actually built.
Called my salesman and he checked the POC. It's showing a ship date of 3/14 and sequenced for production. Of course, I know those are not the most reliable dates.

tat2dwiseguy

Reaction score
How much notice did MD give you on the exact day your truck will be ready?

Renae mentioned to me a couple weeks ago that my truck will arrive at the railyard 3/3 and then it can take up to 14 days to be transferred to their lot.

I was hoping my truck was on one of those carriers but I haven't received any info yet.
Ram Chat told me my truck would be delivered between 2/25 and 3/7. When i followed up with MD a couple of days later, they said it had already landed in the Port Allen Rail Yard. And it landed at MD 2 days after that. so not a whole lotta heads up, but enough.... i would keep pinging your salesperson for a status. They are pretty on top of things there.

Matrixband

Reaction score
How many of you bought the truck within 24 hours of its arrival to the dealer? I think most dealers do in inspection, clean it up so you will think it will be like that all the time; then you arrive, drive it, etc. do financing and the deal & drive away... What is a reasonable time frame for this process to play out? If the truck arrives during the workweek, many people cannot get there till after work, not during daylight hours until the weekend. How long will most dealers hold a vehicle for you if you ordered it?

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
How many of you bought the truck within 24 hours of its arrival to the dealer? I think most dealers do in inspection, clean it up so you will think it will be like that all the time; then you arrive, drive it, etc. do financing and the deal & drive away... What is a reasonable time frame for this process to play out? If the truck arrives during the workweek, many people cannot get there till after work, not during daylight hours until the weekend. How long will most dealers hold a vehicle for you if you ordered it?
my truck arrived between 6 am and 9 am I got a call at 10 am and was looking at it at 11 am. it was still in all the plastic like seen in post
I drove it home at 2pm
it was washed, gassed up too.

never test drove it, but they asked if I wanted to.

if it is a sold order and you placed a deposit it should be held for a few weeks to give you a chance to get it.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ram definitely on top of things compared to ANY of the other truck manufacturers. I’ve checked them all & at different dealers within each brand as well. Ram seems to be the only brand interested in both getting new business as well as retaining existing customers. Put a deposit down today on my first build ever, a 22 Limited. My 21 Laramie I bought new with almost all of the same options but it feels good to customize your own. Looking forward to receiving that VIN.

testcrewman

Reaction score
Renae at MD told me that I have 7 days to close the deal in order to protect my price lock protection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online