5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

tanner12

Reaction score
I picked up the new truck on Saturday. Everything worked out as expected and the truck has been great in the 50 miles we've put on so far. The deal ended up being over 11% below MSRP with discounts/incentives. The emailed $1000 coupon also worked with no issue. Dealership also matched the Zeigler price for the MaxCare warranty 8 yr/100k miles. One bad part is total process was about 4 hours, which 80% of that was spent in the finance office. First tried to pass on the increase in MSRP cost from the time I ordered ($1,000), then the typical warranty markup/price match discussion, then the deposit that we paid for the truck wasn't included in what we had paid so ended up being refunded back to our credit card, and finally pushing their lender of choice on us, even though it was 0.5% higher than the approval we received from our bank. They took off the extra $1000 increase in MSRP, matched the Zeigler rate and found a rate that would match our bank (2.19%). After all these issues, my biggest advice for a buyer is be an informed consumer. Know what you're buying and do shopping on your own for warranty/financing before you go to the dealership.

Purchased from: Moritz CDJR Fort Worth, TX

Attachments

• IMG_7495.jpg
    IMG_7495.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_7496.jpg
    IMG_7496.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_7497.jpg
    IMG_7497.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_7498.jpg
    IMG_7498.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 33

wayne47

Reaction score
if you can get a lower rate, you should be able to refi the loan—1.54% is $15-18/month depending on length of loan.

Understood. But a few months at the higher rate is really not an issue.

Also in regards to filling the gas tank; that’s SOP on a new car; if it’s not a full gas tank when you leave than you’re getting ripped off; while the experience might have been spectacular don’t pat the dealer on the back for giving you a full tank of gas on a new car—used cars are different.

Given their low profit on the purchase and the current price of gas, I was not positive they would fill the truck for the $110 it would cost them. Yes, it's "standard" to do so but I had noted the local Sam's Club gas, just in case. And I was letting other people who purchased there what to expect.

wayne47

Reaction score
A warning on Criswell:
Double check everything. Their system slipped in the tire and wheel warranty at $599 for 5 years and I did not catch it while I was there. Found out when I went over the paperwork and found out that the numbers did not match. Silly to pay that when it's about half that at Ziegler. There is a 30 day, no charge cancellation period; I called and started the cancellation process but it's obviously much easier to not pay for it in the first place.

o4major97

Reaction score
going to pick up my new payment…errr…truck Friday

Attachments

• 9B453365-D0AA-4AD9-9DFF-03AAFF5FF7EA.jpeg
    9B453365-D0AA-4AD9-9DFF-03AAFF5FF7EA.jpeg
    173.5 KB · Views: 48
  • 11F32F23-ECB0-4623-869E-7B3337620F30.jpeg
    11F32F23-ECB0-4623-869E-7B3337620F30.jpeg
    137.1 KB · Views: 48
  • ABC9C0D6-F18B-452A-B5E8-A79642417E20.jpeg
    ABC9C0D6-F18B-452A-B5E8-A79642417E20.jpeg
    169.1 KB · Views: 45
  • 22E6CFA6-D149-488D-BEBD-8BCA8E37EF30.jpeg
    22E6CFA6-D149-488D-BEBD-8BCA8E37EF30.jpeg
    127.1 KB · Views: 48

n8zcc

Reaction score
All you folks getting the Limiteds and Longhorns (BI-Function LED Projector Headlamps question), do you know what the "dynamic Lights" setting does in the Uconnect screen under settings->lights?

The owners' manual in the section Multimedia, Uconnect settings, customer programmable features, lights. There is a setting shown that says "Steering Directed Lights" with two options, on and off. This setting doesn't exist on my truck (2022 Longhorn) and I was wondering how to enable the front headlamp swiveling.

Thanks

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Emailed Sandi today and she said my truck is in D1 status with a ship date of 4/3. So, hopefully it will make it to MD by the end of April, first of May. Fingers crossed. Just waiting on TripleB to post my BS.

jwortsman

Reaction score
Emailed Sandi today and she said my truck is in D1 status with a ship date of 4/3. So, hopefully it will make it to MD by the end of April, first of May. Fingers crossed. Just waiting on TripleB to post my BS.
Could be wrong, but would expect your Build Sheet to post much closer to the ship date.

When did you order?

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Man... extremely jealous and have decided they're just not producing the Longhorns :(
We will see. They may stall Laramies and start on Longhorns. There seems to be no method to their madness. I’m not truly expecting my truck in April or May, just hoping it will happen.

unkiebunk045

Reaction score
Given their low profit on the purchase and the current price of gas, I was not positive they would fill the truck for the $110 it would cost them. Yes, it's "standard" to do so but I had noted the local Sam's Club gas, just in case. And I was letting other people who purchased there what to expect.
i’m quite certain that the gas is included in their cost from factory and factored into the total purchase price. They are literally not doing anything special by giving you a full tank of gas on a new car—it’s akin to saying “they gave me both the key fobs”.

Like i said before; not trying to argue—but don’t give the dealership credit for something that they are supposed to be doing—if they don’t do it they are wrong, doesn’t make them special for doing it.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm still sitting in a VDC an hr away from my dealer. my ETA window has updated for the 4th time... but they've kept the back end of it the same since the first time they gave me one. right now it's 3/7-3/17 started at 3/2. hopefully it moves this week.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ordered a Limited the afternoon of Friday 03/04. Received VIN this morning 03/07 & added VIN to the tracker (thanks Eighty!) & the dealer just called me before close to say “you’re not gonna believe this…but they just emailed us a ship date already. Could be here as early as the end of the month.” So far it’s the fastest turnaround they’ve seen with all of their builds. I’ll take the news with a grain of salt but this is light years ahead of other manufacturers in comparison. Glad I stayed with the Ram family.

GR1MREAPER

Reaction score
i’m quite certain that the gas is included in their cost from factory and factored into the total purchase price. They are literally not doing anything special by giving you a full tank of gas on a new car—it’s akin to saying “they gave me both the key fobs”.

Like i said before; not trying to argue—but don’t give the dealership credit for something that they are supposed to be doing—if they don’t do it they are wrong, doesn’t make them special for doing it.
When you order a truck it says “ 5 gallons of fuel” I don’t think a full tank is mentioned anywhere. The 5 gallons is for running and testing functions and getting it on and off trains/trucks/to the dealer. Most of us want a full tank and Should get it but I don’t think it is guaranteed anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread