5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some new 2019 Ram photos

D

Deleted member103

BobbiBigWheels said:
Be mindful that our naturally aspirated Hemi engines actually beat their EPA ratings, whereas EcoBust never achieves EPA. That's the difference between premium fuel turbo'd engines... they are built for the EPA test as in those scenarios they test well. GM's 5.3L is a dated engine now and with lackluster power and economy, that has been supplying the Chevy faithful for what seems like a millennium.
Huh ? I don't seem to "get" your response to MY thoughts about MY '03 Hemi and MY '16 Pentastar V6 ?
I couldn't care less about GM or Ford - never owned, but I've 2 older brother; one loves Ford & one loves GM - go figure !? We all grew up with Chrysler / Dodge ! As a side note, I've always used 89 octane for all my vehicles - no rhyme or reason other than me thinking it would help keep things cleaner !?
Oh, full disclosure
1f609.png
I did use 91 octane back in "the day," for my 1st car - 1971 FIAT 850 Sport Coupe !
903 cc's of pure fun to drive joy ! Sure it was a "Fix It Again Tony," but had it for almost 6 years all throughout my College days + ! Ah the memories !

D

Deleted member 85

Long story short... you had a complaint regarding the Hemi's posted economy. I explained that our Hemi actually beats the listed EPA ratings. EcoBoost from Ford consistently fails to come close to what it states.

This has a lot to do with how well a turbo-charged engine is suited to fair well in an EPA testing environment.

My Hemi gets 14.0L/100km, EcoBust does about the same, despite their listed EPA ratings being better.

That's all I'm saying.

D

Deleted member103

Again huh ? BBBW, I would never "complain" about the hemi, I loved my hemi . . . I just was stating the facts, and my hopes for a Better 2019 EPA rating, and threw in a bit of nostalgia of my own .
As far as my brothers G.M. & Ford mpg experience; I have no idea, cause they never boasted & I never cared for their daily drivers ! But the One Bro sure liked "stealing" my FIAT the 1st year I Flew out to college . . . dear old Mom gave him the Keys and he piled up the milage for the 4 months I was gone - till Xmas Break ! But, that's water long past the bridge, 2 dams and on out to sea ! We
1f60e.png
?
263a.png

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
(see attachment)

Attachments

• 533384800967e412b73225f3e6c7ed03.jpg
    533384800967e412b73225f3e6c7ed03.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 211

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ram must be making Black, Delmanico Red, and Silver trucks first, all look great but looking forward to seeing some blue and granite trucks.

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Biga said:
Ram must be making Black, Delmanico Red, and Silver trucks first, all look great but looking forward to seeing some blue and granite trucks.
I have also seen white Lone Star models being built at SHAP.

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
(see attachment)

Here is a white Big Horn.

Attachments

• pasted-from-clipboard.png
    pasted-from-clipboard.png
    993.9 KB · Views: 161
D

Deleted member103

They all are the SAME thing in different color, the same 4 basic colors -- come on RAM give us something New & exciting from the color wheel.
Something like the Recon Green or Anvil or some of that Wrangler MoJo !? That;s why I've (so far) settles for the Max. Steel met. clear coat, but not till I see it in person - gees I actually find myself wondering if I'll WAIT till a new batch of colors is offered ? ? ?

Will be looking forward to seeing some Big Horns - in other than Sport or Black-out - and in a clear coat other than white ! August seems like an eternity away !
2639.png

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
LOU.2 said:
They all are the SAME thing in different color, the same 4 basic colors -- come on RAM give us something New & exciting from the color wheel.
Something like the Recon Green or Anvil or some of that Wrangler MoJo !? That;s why I've (so far) settles for the Max. Steel met. clear coat, but not till I see it in person - gees I actually find myself wondering if I'll WAIT till a new batch of colors is offered ? ? ?

Will be looking forward to seeing some Big Horns - in other than Sport or Black-out - and in a clear coat other than white ! August seems like an eternity away !
2639.png
You do realize the just are just getting delivered this week to dealers. Ram has already announced a special Tri-Ivory White color on the Kentucky Derby Limited Edition. Ram is just launching the core trims. Remember the 2019 model year is going to last all the way through August 2019. Ram will add more special editions after the truck launches.

Be glad there are four colors at launch. When FCA US launch the Dart in 2012, only Redline was available for the launch orders and Granite Crystal was the only color at launch for Pacifica in 2016.

D

Deleted member103

redriderbob said:
You do realize the just are just getting delivered this week to dealers. Ram has already announced a special Tri-Ivory White color on the Kentucky Derby Limited Edition. Ram is just launching the core trims. Remember the 2019 model year is going to last all the way through August 2019. Ram will add more special editions after the truck launches.

Be glad there are four colors at launch. When FCA US launch the Dart in 2012, only Redline was available for the launch orders and Granite Crystal was the only color at launch for Pacifica in 2016.
Bob Bob Bob, your talking to me (least what I'm hearing is) like I'm some sort of "non-fan" !? No need too state the obvious, I can and do read, and of course I ALWAYS "do realize they just are . . ." I should of been clearer, in that I was talking about later in the year and hoping for some new & exciting colors then. Did my anxiousness upset you ? Sorry . A NICER reply would of gone something like . . . "I feel your pain Lou, I too look forward to seeing some different color options later in the year !" The 2012 history lesson, just silly - I/we know your "knowledgeable" and am GREATLY APPRECIATIVE for your input - yup ME TOO .

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@LOU.2, if you would see some of the foolishness @redriderbob has had to deal with in other forums, you would understand his answering style.

I grealty appriciate his factual straight forward answers and once you see how many different opinions there are, say, about the color green, you will appreciate him also.

The only complaint I have seen over and over is about late availability. Ram has been straightforward about this.

If you can wait to make your purchase, probably for the best, cause lots of great things are coming.

Great time to be a Ram fan, and a great time to point a friend in the right direction.
263a.png
1f44d.png

D

Deleted member103

devildodge said:
@LOU.2, if you would see some of the foolishness @redriderbob has had to deal with in other forums, you would understand his answering style.

I grealty appriciate his factual straight forward answers and once you see how many different opinions there are, say, about the color green, you will appreciate him also.

The only complaint I have seen over and over is about late availability. Ram has been straightforward about this.

If you can wait to make your purchase, probably for the best, cause lots of great things are coming.

Great time to be a Ram fan, and a great time to point a friend in the right direction.
263a.png
1f44d.png
My only regret is that I should of put a
263a.png
&
1f44d.png
at the end of the 1st paragraph . . . I often write with a "dry" sense of humor that can get me into "trouble" -- too bad Voice inflection isn't a part of written words . . . that would be awesome ! Well thanks for the clarification 'DD' !
I will try my best to be a bit clearer in my intended slant on life !
263a.png

1f609.png

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@LOU.2 all is good. I thoroughly enjoy your posts also. Just wasn't sure if you were familiar with Bob.

This new 1500 is amazing, and it is only going to get better. For the first time in a long time I am thinking on skipping a 2500 and an even longer time since another truck other than the Powerwagon has checked all the boxes.

And I feel a little longer into the model year and the Rebel sub brand is going to start drumming even more interest into the world of Ram.

This truck looks great in photos. Can't wait to see it in person.

I hope to see a larger color selection for the Rebel...although blue and red work just fine...need green though. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread