5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some new 2019 Ram photos

D

Deleted member 85

(see attachment)
In this photo, I feel as though the gap between the bumper and the tailgate is indicative of the "tail gate ramp" system that was rumoured a while ago. @redriderbob any thoughts?

Attachments

• pasted-from-clipboard.png
    pasted-from-clipboard.png
    422.2 KB · Views: 19

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
<woltlab-quote data-link="https://5thgenrams.com/community/forum/index.php?thread/130-some-new-2019-ram-photos/&postID=632#post632" data-author="BobbiBigWheels">(see attachment)
In this photo, I feel as though the gap between the bumper and the tailgate is indicative of the "tail gate ramp" system that was rumoured a while ago. @redriderbob any thoughts?
</woltlab-quote>Maybe if not be a lot easier for me to mount my tailgate bar.
263a.png

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
BobbiBigWheels said:
(see attachment)
Split tailgate and loading ramp article I actually wrote about this a few weeks ago. The patent drawings actually show the loading ramps as being a part of the bed floor as opposed to storing under the bed as was previously thought.

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
BobbiBigWheels said:
(see attachment)
Ramps would not come out of that area.... it would be incorporated in the bed floor. Remember all the stuff you have behind that area.... tire mount, fuel tank and compressor for the optional air suspension. The purpose of the rear bumper design is the incorporate a step to step up and grab things out of the back of the bed, Also the bumper design allows for a better ability to access the bed with the optional dual operating tailgate (due around the 2019 calendar year). Remember that deal with swing open. That allows to lean closer to the bed instead of having to lean against a full rear bumper.

R

Ryan

If they come out of the bed floor, how are you supposed to drive your mower/atv into the bed? Aren't you going to be driving right into the gap created by sliding out the ramps, making it impossible to store them again?

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
the ramps will probably be with the split tailgate, and when the tailgate swings open they would come out from the space the traditional tailgate takes up when folded down. The drop to the step is for the tailgate to open traditionally.

I had to stare at my own trucks when this all first came out, and that is my guess.

Hope you can understand and visualize what I mean.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score

I believe they are recessed a bit into the bed floor to prevent that from happening.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I would have guessed they would have wanted the tailgate removed to use them. That is alot of weight going on the edge of that tailgate.

When I use my ramps I remove the tailgate and put the ramps on the edge of the bed.

Figured that was why the barn door style tailgate was made...but guess they don't expect the tailgate to be removed.

Pretty interesting.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
devildodge said:
I would have guessed they would have wanted the tailgate removed to use them. That is alot of weight going on the edge of that tailgate.

When I use my ramps I remove the tailgate and put the ramps on the edge of the bed.

Figured that was why the barn door style tailgate was made...but guess they don't expect the tailgate to be removed.

Pretty interesting.
Those are early patent drawings. I have an odd feeling that if we do see the loading ramps they will require the split tailgate. I could also be completely wrong.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Everyone that has seen the truck in person talks about he body lines and curvature of the sides that aren't coming through in pictures. I was just going through a bunch of my photos and found this one taken for me at on Jan 15th at NAIAS. I believe it shows the details most people are missing quite well.

You really get a good sense of the coke bottle shape as well as how the box sides and front fenders flare over the wheel openings.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I figure it won't require the split tailgate, but it sure will make it easier, than removing the hehe tailgate. But the patent drawings definitely have shown it with the regular drop tailgate.

I am pretty excited about the he split. It would be very useful to me.

As much as I am excited to see the new Ram 1500, if I was to be purchasing one...I would be waiting...too many late availability and some unknown awesome things to come I am sure.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Jared Balfour said:
Everyone that has seen the truck in person talks about he body lines and curvature of the sides that aren't coming through in pictures. I was just going through a bunch of my photos and found this one taken for me at on Jan 15th at NAIAS. I believe it shows the details most people are missing quite well.

You really get a good sense of the coke bottle shape as well as how the box sides and front fenders flare over the wheel openings.
The Rebel, so far., is my favorite. But really, they are all in a league of their own.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with waiting a bit. Originally I planned to order one right around now, but I have decided to wait until the end of the year at the earliest. Of course after I drive one my mind could completely change and I could end up ordering right away.

ericd

Reaction score
mrmachaveli said:
Ramboxes are a full go, in both bed-lengths, they are only going to be a later production add-on. Similar to the multi-function tailgate.
Are you saying the ramboxes will be showing up with the first round of trucks being shipped?

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
ericd said:
Are you saying the ramboxes will be showing up with the first round of trucks being shipped?
No. But are available to order of the bat. The colors I have seen for launch are Delmanico Red, Bright Silver and Pitch Black... after the launch of the trucks. They most of the options, minus the dual function tailgate and few others won't be available until later in the year. We still got a while before the 3.6L shows up on the new 2019 Ram 1500 (DT).

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
BobbiBigWheels said:
(see attachment)

The gap just appears bigger because the bumper is stepped down with that black plastic. It maybe to allow clearance for ramps or for the split tailgate, or it may just to be to allow easier access into the bed.

D

Deleted member103

redriderbob said:
Pricing hasn't been yet announced and neither has official MPG numbers.
The Hemi as seen on another thread here showing 2 different window stickers SAYS - 15/21 . . . THAT is NOT GOOD here in 2018 ! ! ! Just saying ! And these guys Lost 225 lbs. ? And with the cutting off of 4 cylinders cruising speeds ? Heck the window sticker on my 2003 with the Old Hemi was 13/18 or 13/17 ? Sure have NOT come a long way in 15 years ! Is that a 10% improvement ? Sure hope the V6 is BETTER !? My 2016 Jeep G.C. V6 says 18/25 . . . reality has it @ 8000miles - 17.4/26+ so far ! Not Bad. I'm hoping the Big Horn 4x4 Quad will indicate 17/24 ! Wishful thinking ? ? ?

D

Deleted member103

Jared Balfour said:
Nothing wrong with waiting a bit. Originally I planned to order one right around now, but I have decided to wait until the end of the year at the earliest. Of course after I drive one my mind could completely change and I could end up ordering right away.
Ugh, don't get me dreaming, again ! Only way I wouldn't wait is if they changed their mind about start up for the V6's . Then too I won't take less than 31000 trade in or 33000 "me sale" & getting a GOOD price on My build ! ! ! So picky . . . picky picky . . .
1f609.png

D

Deleted member 85

LOU.2 said:
The Hemi as seen on another thread here showing 2 different window stickers SAYS - 15/21 . . . THAT is NOT GOOD here in 2018 ! ! ! Just saying ! And these guys Lost 225 lbs. ? And with the cutting off of 4 cylinders cruising speeds ? Heck the window sticker on my 2003 with the Old Hemi was 13/18 or 13/17 ? Sure have NOT come a long way in 15 years ! Is that a 10% improvement ? Sure hope the V6 is BETTER !? My 2016 Jeep G.C. V6 says 18/25 . . . reality has it @ 8000miles - 17.4/26+ so far ! Not Bad. I'm hoping the Big Horn 4x4 Quad will indicate 17/24 ! Wishful thinking ? ? ?
Be mindful that our naturally aspirated Hemi engines actually beat their EPA ratings, whereas EcoBust never achieves EPA. That's the difference between premium fuel turbo'd engines... they are built for the EPA test as in those scenarios they test well. GM's 5.3L is a dated engine now and with lackluster power and economy, that has been supplying the Chevy faithful for what seems like a millennium.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/