5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So I called FCA about Harman Kardon system.

Agustinacosta

Reaction score
But how can you explain that some systems have better bass and loud notes than this HK. I think that crossover here Osbaldo key. I can realize there’s a lack of certain frequency on low notes.
These are my numbers with a very good sounding system at a volume level of 7 to 9. Looks like you have the smaller display and a few older versions of things. View attachment 5774
again how can I attach a video here?

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
again how can I attach a video here?

I dont beleive you can upload a video...you can link to one though, which is what most people do...For instance, upload it to dropbox, create a link to share, and put the link in the post.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong

Bacoviah

Reaction score
FWIW. If my dealer is correct there will be another OTA update this month

Bacoviah

Reaction score
In case any missed one of the other threads, I went to my dealer yesterday and they performed an "amplifier enhancement update...made a huge difference for me in volume level...I was in the high 20's-30s before..now i'm in the 15-20 range.

View attachment 5800
Thanks for the heads up

Agustinacosta

Reaction score
In case any missed one of the other threads, I went to my dealer yesterday and they performed an "amplifier enhancement update...made a huge difference for me in volume level...I was in the high 20's-30s before..now i'm in the 15-20 range.

View attachment 5800
Great can you attach the whole page. Avoid personal info. Man you are like the light at the end of the tunnel.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I'm guessing after a certain build date this amp enhancement was standard? That would explain why several of us with later (Sept) builds are happy with the volume.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Great can you attach the whole page. Avoid personal info. Man you are like the light at the end of the tunnel.

Thats it in regards to that repair..the one above it is an intermittent issue I have with the air suspension..which has gone away on its own (ssssshhh..be very quiet).

2018-10-04_15-11-24.jpg

1Raider

Reaction score
Looks like mine has the updated version of software.. Sounds pretty good,no rattles so far..

Attachments

• 33408DF2-6AFD-4596-B801-0ED713506381.jpeg
    33408DF2-6AFD-4596-B801-0ED713506381.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 120

BostonBlueRam

Reaction score
Thats it in regards to that repair..the one above it is an intermittent issue I have with the air suspension..which has gone away on its own (ssssshhh..be very quiet).

View attachment 5811
Good to know that if we are having issues with it being too soft there is a fix. I haven't gotten my truck yet so I am hoping I will have the fix already when I pick it up.

Agustinacosta

Reaction score
Thats it in regards to that repair..the one above it is an intermittent issue I have with the air suspension..which has gone away on its own (ssssshhh..be very
I texted the sales guy at the dealer and he asked about this issue and they will take care of it Monday. Hope it sounds better after.

View attachment 5811

Attachments

• 254F2378-C3AE-4B04-A226-E31228F7C632.jpeg
    254F2378-C3AE-4B04-A226-E31228F7C632.jpeg
    350.6 KB · Views: 127

syddog 2000

Reaction score
Not to go off topic, there is a good article in the current Road And Track on the restrictions auto makers put on there premium stereo contractors. It’s a good read if you want some insight as to why they do what they do.

Mr. Chow

Just Happy to Be Here!!
Reaction score

This has been my experience with FCA dealers, you truly have to be an informed consumer now. Without the help from this forum you would of been getting a run around.

Hopefully this will help you, I know you have been heated about the stereo(rightfully)

It seems that the customer service from a FCA dealership is so hit or miss. Its hard for me to figure this out. I have owned Toyotas majority of the time and with being AD Military I have moved 7 times in 8 years. Every Toyota dealership has been about the same on Customer Service(ex. performed TSB's and Warranty work on Oil changes with me ever asking or complaining about issues).

My ordering experience between 3 dealerships with this truck has seemed to where I just needed to grab their computer and do it myself. Luckily the 3rd dealership was awesome and for sure worth the extra 20 min drive.

GM convert

Reaction score
This is my version. How do I get the correct one? Thanks!

Attachments

• EBB390C2-B9A1-43CA-B890-A7566BD2F259.jpeg
    EBB390C2-B9A1-43CA-B890-A7566BD2F259.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 74

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is my version. How do I get the correct one? Thanks!

Unfortunately until they push it you can’t. They will be installing new software as the build run progresses but will not release that build until they feel like it.

Ask the Jeep guys. The new JLs people are buying have off road pages while older ones do not. FCa is weird. Updates is one of many things I just don’t know what they are thinking

GM convert

Reaction score
Unfortunately until they push it you can’t. They will be installing new software as the build run progresses but will not release that build until they feel like it.

Ask the Jeep guys. The new JLs people are buying have off road pages while older ones do not. FCa is weird. Updates is one of many things I just don’t know what they are thinking
Ok, so I don’t have to do any but wait for it. That’s fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online