5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slight Vibration

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree. I think it's an air flow problem or bad part in the drive line. I'm thinking of taping off certain places just to try something. Hood and door seams, the gap between the cab and bed, doesn't hurt to try.
Could be, but whatever mine is, it’s chewing up the ties bad! Also, not really in the wheel, more like the whole truck has a wobble🤷🏻‍♂️ Feel like b the seat and gas pedal!

GBFNelson

Reaction score
They gave me 4 yrs of oil changes and tire rotations and told me that it was normal for that truck to vibrate. I think not. Going the lemon law route and reach out my states attorney general.
How are you getting on with your claim? Have you decided whether to replace or get your money back? I have a totally different issue but am a first time RAM owner and pursuing lemon on a brand new truck and need to decide.

Windy day

Reaction score
Dropped off truck yesterday for final attempt to fix, per FL lemon law. Dealership has been great, but I asked what would they be doing differently this time compared to the past? They said they do not know, as this would be handled by FCA. I then emailed my “Lemon Law MVDN Coordinator“ at FCA and she told me that the dealership will be the one diagnosing, along with the field tech. I just hope this is not a circular firing squad. It is worth noting, that one service member at dealership started down the path of telling me that he has driven other Rams and this is normal for them. The Service Mgr shook his head to stop him from heading down that path, as Mgr has ridden in truck twice and knows there is a problem. I am just surprised (disappointed?) at how many RamCare and Ram associates have tried to tell me that I am not feeling what I am feeling; without ever sitting in my truck.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The fact is, it's cheaper for the dealership to blow you off and have you lemon the vehicle. Chasing gremlins costs them money, feeding you a line of ******** and sending you out the door is free

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Dropped off truck yesterday for final attempt to fix, per FL lemon law. Dealership has been great, but I asked what would they be doing differently this time compared to the past? They said they do not know, as this would be handled by FCA. I then emailed my “Lemon Law MVDN Coordinator“ at FCA and she told me that the dealership will be the one diagnosing, along with the field tech. I just hope this is not a circular firing squad. It is worth noting, that one service member at dealership started down the path of telling me that he has driven other Rams and this is normal for them. The Service Mgr shook his head to stop him from heading down that path, as Mgr has ridden in truck twice and knows there is a problem. I am just surprised (disappointed?) at how many RamCare and Ram associates have tried to tell me that I am not feeling what I am feeling; without ever sitting in my truck.

Hi @Windy day !

We're really sorry to hear about your experience thus far, however, we'd be happy to look into this a little further if you'd like additional support while working alongside your dealer and case manager. Just send us a private message if you have any questions or concerns at all! We hope everything gets resolved smoothly.

Courtney
Ram Cares

Windy day

Reaction score
Hi @Windy day !

We're really sorry to hear about your experience thus far, however, we'd be happy to look into this a little further if you'd like additional support while working alongside your dealer and case manager. Just send us a private message if you have any questions or concerns at all! We hope everything gets resolved smoothly.

Courtney
Ram Cares
Courtney, Thank you, but ”RamCares” does not care. First rep told me that defective tires were not covered one week after buying a $70k truck. Second Rep Deidre and third Rep Tinielle have both told me that my truck is within specs and I am not feeling what I am feeling. I keep being told that my requests are “denied”; but my only requests are to make my truck ride down the road properly. Without exception, every dealership rep that has rode in my truck has confirmed that there is a problem and escalated me to Ramcare. Also without exception, every RamCare rep tries to tell me that I am not feeling what I am feeling. I was left with nowhere to go other than file a lemon law claim. The best way to help me would be to ask the powers that be at RamCare to listen to your dealerships and your customers. My grandfather owned a Chrysler Dodge Plymouth dealership for 40 years and I have been a loyal Mopar customer for my entire life ; but I can see that this respect is clearly not mutual.

ScottsRAM

Reaction score
Could be, but whatever mine is, it’s chewing up the ties bad! Also, not really in the wheel, more like the whole truck has a wobble🤷🏻‍♂️ Feel like b the seat and gas pedal!
Chewing up the what bad???? Yes, it does feel like the whole truck wobbles and I feel it mostly in the seat.

ScottsRAM

Reaction score
I had a 2019 no vibration, 2021 with a few hundred miles on it and vibrates just like you are all saying. I’m afraid to take it to the dealer just to get the run around. Might just wait for something to break then they can’t play the it’s normal/we can’t find an issue game.
Drove mine to Florida (2800 miles) hoping the same thing. Nothing fell apart. What a shame, its such a nice truck and should never drive like this. My 2015 Limited was fantastic, but it had the eco trash engine.

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Chewing up the what bad???? Yes, it does feel like the whole truck wobbles and I feel it mostly in the seat.
Tires lol, this was at 3500 miles. They were trying to tell me this is normal wear for a new truck and new tires, not!

Attachments

• 7809575D-687B-4BCF-9CB3-822080EABFA3.png
    7809575D-687B-4BCF-9CB3-822080EABFA3.png
    858.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 563C7ED9-C73B-4F89-8171-C3C90A2ACCF1.png
    563C7ED9-C73B-4F89-8171-C3C90A2ACCF1.png
    821.1 KB · Views: 23

b.w.royder

Reaction score
Drove mine to Florida (2800 miles) hoping the same thing. Nothing fell apart. What a shame, its such a nice truck and should never drive like this. My 2015 Limited was fantastic, but it had the eco trash engine.

Its a real shame, My 19 was fantastic, it was even lifted with the Mopar 2inch lift with 35s and rode like butter. The 21 not so much. I also noticed the quality of the 21 isnt the same as the 19. The 21 has better tech but they cut corners else where. The 19 had dimming rear and both side mirrors, the 21 only has the driver side and rearview. The seats and accent pieces aren't as quality either. Still a great truck but for the price it shouldn't have a very noticeable and annoying vibration or interior vibration/rattle noises.

edpbm

Reaction score
I'm dropping off my 21 Limited Longhorn to the dealership tomorrow night for the third time now to correct the vibration issue that occurs between 55- 65 mph I no issues with the dealer. They are doing the best they can. The issue is with FCA not supporting the dealer. I've been driving for over 40 years. This is only the second time I bought something other than a Ford. I was brainwashed on Ford since I was little, my father worked on an assembly line in a Ford plant. The new Rams initially swayed away from Ford, not now.

Windy day

Reaction score
For all of you wobblers out there, is this just happening to those of you equipped with the air suspension, or is it happening across the full range of Rams?

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For all of you wobblers out there, is this just happening to those of you equipped with the air suspension, or is it happening across the full range of Rams?
No air ride on the 19 they are buying back, for this issue they can not resolve.

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm dropping off my 21 Limited Longhorn to the dealership tomorrow night for the third time now to correct the vibration issue that occurs between 55- 65 mph I no issues with the dealer. They are doing the best they can. The issue is with FCA not supporting the dealer. I've been driving for over 40 years. This is only the second time I bought something other than a Ford. I was brainwashed on Ford since I was little, my father worked on an assembly line in a Ford plant. The new Rams initially swayed away from Ford, not now.
The new rams are very nice trucks, but sucks when they have a issue that they cannot fix! What really had me upset was when they were saying there is nothing wrong, just drive it as tires chewed up at 3500 miles after being balanced 3 times. At 7900 miles truck had been balanced 7 times and they think that’s normal?🤷🏻‍♂️ I’ve been driving for 27 years and haven’t balance tires 7 times total in 27 years of driving!

Windy day

Reaction score
Brief update on Ram experience. Bought truck in August. Replaced all 4 tires within first month. Been in dealerships service department for 26 days and counting. Had to rent cars another 2 weeks for long trips because vibrations make me sick on long drives. Filed lemon law claim. Just received Manufacturers Response last night ahead of my Feb 1 hearing. Ram claims that since I have driven 8000 miles in truck, that is proof enough that there is nothing wrong. They also claimed that the truck was fixed on Sept 3, with no service or repairs after that date. All of my 26 days in the shop occurred after Sept 3 and none of it was because of tires. They simply can not find the vibration and continue to try and tell me this is normal. I have never had any issues with any vehicle before this, yet Ram says this is not real. They also claim that I never proved there was an issue. Every service rep who rode in vehicle from four dealerships confirmed problem, yet Ram denies it. I offered to let anyone at Ram who wants to drive my truck do so; but nobody will. How am I supposed to prove what is felt when driving when nobody will drive the truck to see what happens. I had to go as far as video tape my test drive with a service manager to hear his words, including him stating that he was feeling it in his door. I have lots of footage and will be documenting the rest of this journey. Check your local listings for a future ABC News report.

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Brief update on Ram experience. Bought truck in August. Replaced all 4 tires within first month. Been in dealerships service department for 26 days and counting. Had to rent cars another 2 weeks for long trips because vibrations make me sick on long drives. Filed lemon law claim. Just received Manufacturers Response last night ahead of my Feb 1 hearing. Ram claims that since I have driven 8000 miles in truck, that is proof enough that there is nothing wrong. They also claimed that the truck was fixed on Sept 3, with no service or repairs after that date. All of my 26 days in the shop occurred after Sept 3 and none of it was because of tires. They simply can not find the vibration and continue to try and tell me this is normal. I have never had any issues with any vehicle before this, yet Ram says this is not real. They also claim that I never proved there was an issue. Every service rep who rode in vehicle from four dealerships confirmed problem, yet Ram denies it. I offered to let anyone at Ram who wants to drive my truck do so; but nobody will. How am I supposed to prove what is felt when driving when nobody will drive the truck to see what happens. I had to go as far as video tape my test drive with a service manager to hear his words, including him stating that he was feeling it in his door. I have lots of footage and will be documenting the rest of this journey. Check your local listings for a future ABC News report.
Call a lawyer and go after them, for all your cost throughout your first 8000 miles. Enough is enough, I get my 2021 build tomorrow. I hope no vibration/tire issue with this one ☝️

apsfive

Reaction score
Update on my case: After 5 trips to the dealer and getting FCA (Ram Cares) involved, I think it might finally be resolved. They replaced all four tires and two wheels (rims) through multiple visits. I feel very strongly that there is a quality control issue with wheels and tires at the factory.

soSincerious

Reaction score
what kind of road-force numbers are you guys getting? I'd ask to see that. Have the tech take pictures of the balancer readout.

anything in the low 20's, even upper teens i'd be suspect, but you'll likely be told anything up to around 26 pounds is within acceptable limits for a truck.

on the second attempt to just "balance" the tires, I'd also be suspect. Roadforce balancing needs to be done, readings recorded and then corrected. a proper roadforce balance will fix what a normal tire balance didn't catch on the first try, and also will expose a bad tire.

also note that even a tire that's properly roadforce balanced can still exhibit detectable vibration. finding that bad tire will come down to the experience of the tech.

Users who are viewing this thread