5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slight vibration

Douglas31

Reaction score
It’s not going to be fixed or recognized by Ram. My 2019 had the issue and my 2020 replacement has it as well. Some days the truck is as smooth as can be and others not so much on the exact same route I’ve been driving for 18 years.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It’s not going to be fixed or recognized by Ram. My 2019 had the issue and my 2020 replacement has it as well. Some days the truck is as smooth as can be and others not so much on the exact same route I’ve been driving for 18 years.

Hi @Douglas31 - we are always here to provide support should you experience any concerns that warrant working with your dealer. We are just a PM away.

Mark
RamCares

wep1981

Reaction score
Such a frustration, I wish everyone luck resolving this. Mine ended up being two defective oem Bridgestones. I supported a small business replacing these tires after the dealership fed me the usual lines

glad you got it fixed but it shouldn’t be up to you for fork out money if these tires came defective from the factory.

I had my tires balanced 4 times already..

Scram1500

Reaction score
glad you got it fixed but it shouldn’t be up to you for fork out money if these tires came defective from the factory.

I had my tires balanced 4 times already..
I agree, but time is money. Once I figured out the problem I needed it fixed immediately. Waiting another week or two for an appointment just to have the run around from the dealership would put me in the nuthouse. I got out cheap with two previous gen Bridgestones (684 II), delivered mounted and balanced for less than $300

Brain h

Reaction score
What do you guys think of rear axle play and/or bad wheel bearings...I had my truck jacked up and it has a lot of axle play, more than normal in my opinion but that could be due to bad wheel bearings ..really wont know until I take the wheels off which will be soon.
Either of these issues could cause the vibration we're having and would explain the inability for the wheels to stay balanced...thoughts?

Scram1500

Reaction score
What do you guys think of rear axle play and/or bad wheel bearings...I had my truck jacked up and it has a lot of axle play, more than normal in my opinion but that could be due to bad wheel bearings ..really wont know until I take the wheels off which will be soon.
Either of these issues could cause the vibration we're having and would explain the inability for the wheels to stay balanced...thoughts?
I too have axle play, but its only lateral. I pulled off the caliper to see the full range of movement and it isn't much. Lateral play is normal with c clip axles like we have. Up and down play would be the sign of a bad bearing, usually accompanied with grinding noise

Brain h

Reaction score
I too have axle play, but its only lateral. I pulled off the caliper to see the full range of movement and it isn't much. Lateral play is normal with c clip axles like we have. Up and down play would be the sign of a bad bearing, usually accompanied with grinding noise
I agree that some lateral movement is necessary for proper rear end function. But the vibration or shimmy that some of us are experiencing is a lateral movement that you can see and feel from the rear..I can see my bed shake from side to side.
Maybe @RamCares should ask the question of some of their dealers and customers that have this issue about excessive lateral play and it being a possible cause and eliminate this possible explanation and move on to the next possible cause before they have a class action lawsuit similar to the chevy shake issue that's going on now. Maybe some of our vehicles need to be shimmed to take up this excessive play ? Or maybe they just need to tell us what's really going on with them and fix it and save face

MBORO19RAM

Reaction score
Lateral is a Couple Vibration in tire assembly... Smart Weight balancing mode only marginally corrects for this condition on a Roadforce Balancer...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caram

Reaction score
Has anyone taken there truck anywhere to get looked at?
Had my truck in 8 times for the same issue, notice it more with a full tank and weight in the back seat. Contacted ram corporate and set menup with a qc guy in carson city nv. He agreed it's not normal, service advisor was a joke and replaced the vibration dampener sensors and noise is still there, they said it was normal after that but the noise is the same as when the qc guy rode in the truck. Ram offed some hush money but am pursuing lemon law. Good luck. Seems they wants me to be quiet.

Caram

Reaction score
Having the same issues of loud vibration and noise inside the cab, had it I 8 times and ram is offering hush money. Did they replace your 2019 or did you have to trade it In?

isclloyd

Reaction score
Vehicle: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited
Tires: Bridgestone Duelers 275/55R20

I bought my truck with 10 miles on it in July 2018 and brought it back 3 days later for the vibration. My vibration happens around 75mph and is constant. It feels like it is coming from the back of the truck. You can feel it in the seat but the steering wheel does not shake. However, if you have a water bottle in the cup holder, you can clearly see the vibration. I am in south Florida so the issue is unrelated to cold weather.
Since I purchased the truck, I've had it back to the dealer 3 times:
1st dealer visit: SA says they drove it at speed limit and "could not duplicate" issue. Total BS.
2nd dealer visit: They said the tires needed to be balanced and performed RFB on all tires. Also, adjusted the camber, caster, sterring and toe. Still have the issue.
3rd (independent tire shop) visit: The shop called me after an hour and said they feel the vibration but the balance and alignment is "perfect". Suggested it could be suspension or drive shaft and I should contact dealer. Come pick up vehicle, no charge.
4th dealer visit: Said two tires needed balancing. Took all weights off and re-balanced. The issue still remains but happens closer to 80mph now. SA not willing to go over 70mph on test drive.
At this point I'm mad. I'm going to replace the tires to see if that fixes the issue, but after that I'm escalating through Dodge until I get it fixed. I used to love this truck but now I'm warning my friends to stay away.
Please post if you come up with a solution.
Update: I’ve had the truck back to the dealer several times and the problem remains. They keep road force balancing the tires, but that only fixes the issue for a few weeks. I brought it back in December because the tires were wearing so badly but only on the outside. First the service guy tried to say tire wear was “normal” for 29,000 miles until he looked at the tires and said “whoa, that’s not right”. Especially since the truck had been balanced and aligned several times since I bought it. They ended up replacing the tires at their cost.
Replacing the tires does not fix the issue! It will mask it for a few weeks until the tire wears in and then the problem returns. It’s not the tires!
At this point I’m just done with a Dodge. I’ve convinced several friends and family not to buy Dodge because of my problems so I figure we are even. good luck.

Caram

Reaction score
Update: I’ve had the truck back to the dealer several times and the problem remains. They keep road force balancing the tires, but that only fixes the issue for a few weeks. I brought it back in December because the tires were wearing so badly but only on the outside. First the service guy tried to say tire wear was “normal” for 29,000 miles until he looked at the tires and said “whoa, that’s not right”. Especially since the truck had been balanced and aligned several times since I bought it. They ended up replacing the tires at their cost.
Replacing the tires does not fix the issue! It will mask it for a few weeks until the tire wears in and then the problem returns. It’s not the tires!
At this point I’m just done with a Dodge. I’ve convinced several friends and family not to buy Dodge because of my problems so I figure we are even. good luck.
Just got my truck back again and it is fixed, dealer said they had a new update for the anc module. Been driving it for 3 days now and the noise is gone. Feels like a completely different truck.

Icecoldak

Reaction score
Just got my truck back again and it is fixed, dealer said they had a new update for the anc module. Been driving it for 3 days now and the noise is gone. Feels like a completely different truck.

The Vibration as well--or we talking about 2 diff things?

Brain h

Reaction score
Do
It fixed the vibration and noise, truck is running great at this point.
You have any information that the rest of us could take to a dealer and possibly have it fixed for ourselves ?
Anything..anything at all..any paperwork, any technical call outs on the work order ?

Caram

Reaction score
Do

You have any information that the rest of us could take to a dealer and possibly have it fixed for ourselves ?
Anything..anything at all..any paperwork, any technical call outs on the work order ?
Yes according to the service advisor there is an update on a previous technical service bulletin, (tsb) you can google tsb's for your make and model, I had this same one done previously about 4 months ago and it didn't fix it. This time the dealer said they did the updated one and it seems to have fixed the issue. I noticed the drone/vibration more when I have a full tank of gas and someone in the back seat more than I do when it's just me by myself. Try it the way I'm describing too, I have had this issue since I bought it and got it narrowed down, it may be different for others but this is my experience. The tsb is 08-056-19, like I said it is supposedly a revised version of a previous one, according to the service advisor when they plugged into the truck it showed up as an available update right away. The dealership I went to is in carson city nv, phone number is 775-883-2020 maybe they will be able to provide information to the dealers in your area and assist with this issue, I've only had the truck back for 4 days but havent heard it yet, fca is going to reach out next wednesday to see if the problem came back. Good luck to all of you, but like I said, drive it alone with low fuel and then fuel up and throw the family in the backseat, its does it sometimes alone and always with weight in the back. I'll update if anything else comes about.

Caram

Reaction score
Yes according to the service advisor there is an update on a previous technical service bulletin, (tsb) you can google tsb's for your make and model, I had this same one done previously about 4 months ago and it didn't fix it. This time the dealer said they did the updated one and it seems to have fixed the issue. I noticed the drone/vibration more when I have a full tank of gas and someone in the back seat more than I do when it's just me by myself. Try it the way I'm describing too, I have had this issue since I bought it and got it narrowed down, it may be different for others but this is my experience. The tsb is 08-056-19, like I said it is supposedly a revised version of a previous one, according to the service advisor when they plugged into the truck it showed up as an available update right away. The dealership I went to is in carson city nv, phone number is 775-883-2020 maybe they will be able to provide information to the dealers in your area and assist with this issue, I've only had the truck back for 4 days but havent heard it yet, fca is going to reach out next wednesday to see if the problem came back. Good luck to all of you, but like I said, drive it alone with low fuel and then fuel up and throw the family in the backseat, its does it sometimes alone and always with weight in the back. I'll update if anything else comes about.
Also there is a sequence when they perform the update, if it's not done right it won't save from what I understand. Also update only takes about 20 min from what I've heard.

Caram

Reaction score
Go back to the dealer, had a newer version of tsb 08-056-19 flash update on the anc, supposedly just came out within the last couple weeks, my truck doesn't make the noise anymore.

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Such a frustration, I wish everyone luck resolving this. Mine ended up being two defective oem Bridgestones. I supported a small business replacing these tires after the dealership fed me the usual lines
I’d bet this is my problem did yours also keep throwing the balance off?

Users who are viewing this thread