5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slight vibration

02tts

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Larime, stock. Had vibration issue start at around 40k. I paid no mind to it because I figured it was the tires and me not rotating them often enough. I bought 4 brand new Dueler Alenza Plus and the vibration is still there. History since I have 4 brand new tires at 55,500 miles - with exception of #1, all done by dealer.

1. Had 2 separate independent shops rebalance and even rotate them
2. Gave up and had dealer do it thinking it was an issue with the balancers
3. Dealer said it was the u joint binding so they replaced the entire front drive shaft which comes with new u joints
4. They took rear drive shaft and checked it
5. Rebalanced again
6. Did an alignment
7. Checked engine mounts
8. Put my neighbors tires on my car which are a year old, rebalance, etc.
9. Checked motor mounts
10. Checked tie rods

Official answer from dealer:

‘I see and recognize there is a problem but I am at my shops limits’. Had shop manager take a look and he said ‘...yeah, there is def something wrong but I don’t know what else to do at this point, I can’t keep replacing parts.’

Nothing has fixed it and it’s non existent until about 70, 74+ gets bad. I live in the 80-82 range due to highway driving and it driveme f’n nuts!

How recent...I just got my truck back yesterday.

Back to square one.

What I’ve noticed is that when gassing it the issue is not really noticeable, only noticeable when at speed, cruise control is easiest way to notice it and gets worst once I let go of the accelerator - all conveyed to dealer.

The experience resembles that of a tire separating in its early stages. To me, it sounds like a motor mount issue but they tell me they look fine.

With this many people having the issue RAM should seriously put their best foot forward in trying to figure out the issue, this can’t be that hard - this isn’t rocket science.

This my 3rd ram and I am extremely unhappy. If Ford or GMC had the same or better looking interior I’d trade this POS today.

Last edited:

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a 2019 Larime, stock. Had vibration issue start at around 40k. I paid no mind to it because I figured it was the tires and me not rotating them often enough. I bought 4 brand new Dueler Alenza Plus and the vibration is still there. History since I have 4 brand new tires at 55,500 miles - with exception of #1, all done by dealer.

1. Had 2 separate independent shops rebalance and even rotate them
2. Gave up and had dealer do it thinking it was an issue with the balancers
3. Dealer said it was the u joint binding so they replaced the entire front drive shaft which comes with new u joints
4. They took rear drive shaft and checked it
5. Rebalanced again
6. Did an alignment
7. Checked engine mounts
8. Put my neighbors tires on my car which are a year old, rebalance, etc.
9. Checked motor mounts
10. Checked tie rods

Official answer from dealer:

‘I see and recognize there is a problem but I am at my shops limits’. Had shop manager take a look and he said ‘...yeah, there is def something wrong but I don’t know what else to do at this point, I can’t keep replacing parts.’

Nothing has fixed it and it’s non existent until about 70, 74+ gets bad. I live in the 80-82 range due to highway driving and it driveme f’n nuts!

How recent...I just got my truck back yesterday.

Back to square one.

What I’ve noticed is that when gassing it the issue is not really noticeable, only noticeable when at speed, cruise control is easiest way to notice it and gets worst once I let go of the accelerator - all conveyed to dealer.

The experience resembles that of a tire separating in its early stages. To me, it sounds like a motor mount issue but they tell me they look fine.

With this many people having the issue RAM should seriously put their best foot forward in trying to figure out the issue, this can’t be that hard - this isn’t rocket science.

This my 3rd ram and I am extremely unhappy. If Ford or GMC had the same or better looking interior I’d trade this POS today.
I feel your pain. Luckily mine has been documented from 1500 miles and my tires were showing major wear early on. Just got confirmation today that fca is buying my truck back. I was just going to call to see if they were going to balance it again as it’s way out of balance after 1500 miles after road force balance for like the 7th time in 8500 miles. The fca trained rep agreed something is wrong but after replacing many parts over three days they finally gave into my buy back request. This is too bad for ram, as this is a very nice, the nicest truck out there but. Independent tire shop told me all the rims were warped for the factory and that’s my issue, but my truck has also had 2 different sets of rims and tires, with the same issues! Good luck! I’m test driving a Nissan pro max 4 tomorrow. I’ve always been a Chevy guy and had great luck with them and gm as a company. But they are the ugliest inside and out I just can’t do it.

02tts

Reaction score
I feel your pain. Luckily mine has been documented from 1500 miles and my tires were showing major wear early on. Just got confirmation today that fca is buying my truck back. I was just going to call to see if they were going to balance it again as it’s way out of balance after 1500 miles after road force balance for like the 7th time in 8500 miles. The fca trained rep agreed something is wrong but after replacing many parts over three days they finally gave into my buy back request. This is too bad for ram, as this is a very nice, the nicest truck out there but. Independent tire shop told me all the rims were warped for the factory and that’s my issue, but my truck has also had 2 different sets of rims and tires, with the same issues! Good luck! I’m test driving a Nissan pro max 4 tomorrow. I’ve always been a Chevy guy and had great luck with them and gm as a company. But they are the ugliest inside and out I just can’t do it.

Well at least you have some what of a resolution. Yes I agree, all the other guys are behind the times in terms of looks. Good luck.

Sofaking

Reaction score
New tires fixed my vibration problems, which were present from day one. I replaced them at 3k or 4k, now at 7k with no issues
New wheels and tires solved my vibration. I had my 2020 Limited (details in signature) delived from a dealer in TN. I live in SC so I didn't test drive it at high speed before accepting delivery. First high speed I felt vibration in seat and feet at 72 mph to 78 mph. Subtle, but there. While driving it would be smooth at those speeds, then slight vibration. Could not determine a pattern other than speed, but odd it would be 50/50. But EVERY TIME I hit those speeds it would come and go. I drive a lot of highway so regularly at thise speeds. 5k miles dealer road force balanced and rotated. Same issue. For the price it shouldn't be there. I wanted to change from 22" to 20" wheels anyway since I think it's a better overall ride, particularly on side roads. Just put on Fuel Warrior 20x9 wheels and Michelin Defender LTX 275/55/R20. Road force balanced. Vibration gone. I've tried to "make it vibrate" but can't. I've read many of these posts. Many issues seem more severe than mine. I hope this helps someone. Good luck to all.

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
New wheels and tires solved my vibration. I had my 2020 Limited (details in signature) delived from a dealer in TN. I live in SC so I didn't test drive it at high speed before accepting delivery. First high speed I felt vibration in seat and feet at 72 mph to 78 mph. Subtle, but there. While driving it would be smooth at those speeds, then slight vibration. Could not determine a pattern other than speed, but odd it would be 50/50. But EVERY TIME I hit those speeds it would come and go. I drive a lot of highway so regularly at thise speeds. 5k miles dealer road force balanced and rotated. Same issue. For the price it shouldn't be there. I wanted to change from 22" to 20" wheels anyway since I think it's a better overall ride, particularly on side roads. Just put on Fuel Warrior 20x9 wheels and Michelin Defender LTX 275/55/R20. Road force balanced. Vibration gone. I've tried to "make it vibrate" but can't. I've read many of these posts. Many issues seem more severe than mine. I hope this helps someone. Good luck to all.
Ram is buying mine back under the Iowa lemon law! It’s really too bad I had to go through this. This is my first ram and I absolutely love this truck, but hate the problem that it’s had since day one! Hope yours continues to operate properly!

wep1981

Reaction score
Has anyone gotten a resolution on the vibration or just dealing with it? I found an article that the 2018 classics had a weld that wasn’t correct on the drive shaft. Article mentioned that this didn’t affect the newer 2019s which I probably still think it has something to do with it.

Fidomac

Reaction score
I feel like I may be getting a slight vibration between the speeds of 57-63 mph. It’s not mds related because I have used the gear selector to turn it off. Anyone else experiencing this? I can mainly feel it in the floor.
I had a tire that was out of balance....road force balance did the trick. Also a bolt in the front suspension wasn't torqued enough

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone gotten a resolution on the vibration or just dealing with it? I found an article that the 2018 classics had a weld that wasn’t correct on the drive shaft. Article mentioned that this didn’t affect the newer 2019s which I probably still think it has something to do with it.
No results on my 19 ram March of 19 build! They said they replaced the drive shift with no change, along with lots of other parts. I see people having the same issues with the 2020 and 21’s😩

U

User_3336

TIRES AND RIMS! TIRES AND RIMS!

Put Rebel Wheels and Tires on a Tradesman. Vibration totally disappeared!

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Actually, the off road tires smoothed out the side. Why would you say that off road tires make a rough ride?
They are the Wrangler Duratrac's.
The rougher ride of the off road tire covers up the vibration I would think?

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I did new tires and it's like a Cadillac now. Vibrations come from rotating mass that isn't balanced or round. 99% of the time it's crap tires

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did new tires and it's like a Cadillac now. Vibrations come from rotating mass that isn't balanced or round. 99% of the time it's crap tires
I think mine is my rims, but in about 3 weeks I will have my new 2021, hopefully no vibrations!

Kevlars

Reaction score
ya I am getting a 21 with 20 inch rims. I pick it up in a few days. Hope I don’t have vibrations

Users who are viewing this thread