5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slight vibration

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My dealer replaced all 4 Bridgestones at no cost to me although it didn’t fix the problem
Sure it won’t fix mine either, I’d guess they know that and that’s why they won’t do it! I keep saying something is wrong with this truck and no one will listen.

brettguercio

Reaction score
Three different dealers in Iowa tell me the same thing. I’ve asked if it could be the tires since day one, every one said no way it’s the tires and now they tell me it’s the tires! So I call Bridgestone today the lady was pissed at ram and said they should of tried the tires a long time ago. She also told me that they have a contract with ram and all dealers can replace 2 tires for free. The dealers here tell me no, that I have to go to a tire shop! Dealer also says all four ties are bad at 8000 miles m. I’m so sick of there games!
Interesting I got new tires 3 months ago 7k miles on the new tires and they have cupping uneven wear on them

Skrtn22s

Reaction score
Well I was informed today that because I have a rcsb truck this is normal ...center console shakes and seats also they closed my case and said go to arbitration if you desire they are done and it works as designed...really sucks because I like the truck but this vibration is not normal....any luck switching driveshafts to one piece?

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Well I was informed today that because I have a rcsb truck this is normal ...center console shakes and seats also they closed my case and said go to arbitration if you desire they are done and it works as designed...really sucks because I like the truck but this vibration is not normal....any luck switching driveshafts to one piece?
Arbitration it is then, vibrations are not normal. The dealership won't make any money chasing your gremlins so they're blowing you off per the SOP

58 Gorilla

Reaction score
Dealer got his act together. The road force balance for the third time worked. So far no more vibration!

Skrtn22s

Reaction score
Arbitration it is then, vibrations are not normal. The dealership won't make any money chasing your gremlins so they're blowing you off per the SOP
Yea unfortunately I am well aware as I used to be a tech back before I got sick of cars and switch to building custom bikes now for the past 15 or so years

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think this is smart. I wonder if there is any additional wear and tear associated with the slight vibration issue like premature suspension wear. I certainly started enjoying my truck more once I replaced the wheels and tires and the vibration went away. For all the money that many people spend on mods, I think spending the money to fix a problem like this is well worth it. Yes, FCA should cover it, but they don't.
Mine just into the shop again. Local tire shop. After ram tells me nothing is wrong with the truck. I’ve asked last 2 visit to the shop to check the balance again. They refused and said it’s not out of balance. That I have 4 bad tires. Local tire shop says nothing wrong with the tires, but defiantly something wrong with the truck. But tires not the issue. Thanks ram for waisting more of my time. I so over this. They want to play hard ball Let’s play. Truck has never been in balance since day one! Now has 8000 miles on it. Dam it something is wrong, worst experience ever!

Skrtn22s

Reaction score
Mine just into the shop again. Local tire shop. After ram tells me nothing is wrong with the truck. I’ve asked last 2 visit to the shop to check the balance again. They refused and said it’s not out of balance. That I have 4 bad tires. Local tire shop says nothing wrong with the tires, but defiantly something wrong with the truck. But tires not the issue. Thanks ram for waisting more of my time. I so over this. They want to play hard ball Let’s play. Truck has never been in balance since day one! Now has 8000 miles on it. Dam it something is wrong, worst experience ever!
I feel your pain was in same boat with local dealer i bought it from finally after the last visit at dealer and being told its a rcsb and its normal which is bs I drove another one before this and it didn't do it lol well in the end I climbed under my truck and found the driveshaft bolts to rear end were all a full turn loose and so far so good

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I feel your pain was in same boat with local dealer i bought it from finally after the last visit at dealer and being told its a rcsb and its normal which is bs I drove another one before this and it didn't do it lol well in the end I climbed under my truck and found the driveshaft bolts to rear end were all a full turn loose and so far so good
So does anyone have a definitive answer to the vibration issue or is it specific to each truck? My truck just started doing it with 12,000 miles on the Bridgestone Duelers. It starts at about 80mph. Never happened before. It seems like resolutions are all over the place. Tires, balancing, driveshaft...so I’m curious if there is a common thread.

Granite2WD

Reaction score
So does anyone have a definitive answer to the vibration issue or is it specific to each truck? My truck just started doing it with 12,000 miles on the Bridgestone Duelers. It starts at about 80mph. Never happened before. It seems like resolutions are all over the place. Tires, balancing, driveshaft...so I’m curious if there is a common thread.
If your vibration starts at 80 mph I would guess that the dealership isn't going to do anything. My vibration started around 40 mph. There is no definitive answer but replacing the wheels and tires solved the problem for me and some others.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If your vibration starts at 80 mph I would guess that the dealership isn't going to do anything. My vibration started around 40 mph. There is no definitive answer but replacing the wheels and tires solved the problem for me and some others.
Ugh. Thanks for the info. I certainly don’t want to pay to replace my wheels.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Btw, is your vibration completely gone since the wheel and tire change?

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No and they have no idea, if they do it’s all being covered up. When I tell ram about my issues they act like they have never heard of this issue before. Mine goes in again on Wednesday if it’s not fixed they have already been advised by me that I will be getting a lawyer and he or she can figure out the games these people are playing!

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No and they have no idea, if they do it’s all being covered up. When I tell ram about my issues they act like they have never heard of this issue before. Mine goes in again on Wednesday if it’s not fixed they have already been advised by me that I will be getting a lawyer and he or she can figure out the games these people are playing!
It sucks for sure. Good luck Wednesday. Keep us posted.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Duelers seem to pop up a lot in the last 10 months I've been reading these topics

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Duelers seem to pop up a lot in the last 10 months I've been reading these topics
Maybe that’s the problem. It sucks that they were fine up until now and I only have 12,000 miles on them so far. I had no issues with them so I hate to think I have to buy new tires so soon.

dmodem

Reaction score
Maybe that’s the problem. It sucks that they were fine up until now and I only have 12,000 miles on them so far. I had no issues with them so I hate to think I have to buy new tires so soon.
I put Pirelli Scorpions on mine, but I still have a vibration at 65+

Granite2WD

Reaction score
Btw, is your vibration completely gone since the wheel and tire change?
Yes, completely gone. The vibration used to drive me nuts. I switched to another set of stock Ram 1500 wheels and tires that someone took off to buy rebel wheels, and the vibration was instantly gone.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, completely gone. The vibration used to drive me nuts. I switched to another set of stock Ram 1500 wheels and tires that someone took off to buy rebel wheels, and the vibration was instantly gone.
Glad to hear it worked out for you. I guess I need to explore tire options. I actually liked the Duelers up until now. First I’m going to see what the dealer says. Maybe I’ll start with balancing.

Users who are viewing this thread