5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Revel Performance lift links for air ride suspension

thcmas35

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
It is very much trial and error. I would have to take off the links again to measure. Each turn of the screw changes things pretty dramatically. I started somewhere around 5mm (not cm!) SHORTER on both from stock. 5mm = 3/4 - 1" change. SHORTER on the FRONT RAISES the suspension, and SHORTER links on the REAR LOWERS the REAR. I then raised the rear by 1-2 turns (to get the warning on entry/exit off) and turned 3-4 or so rotations inward on the front to raise the front suspension more. I would have to go in and take off the links to remeasure the finals and it's just too fvcking cold/messy outside for that right now [apologies - but you will see it is easy to adjust]. For the install, I made sure to take measurements from ground floor to lower edge of the wheel well on a smooth, flat surface before starting (all 4 corners). I sprayed a little silicone spray on the connectors as recommended by Revel. I also used a trim pry bar to remove the link from the FRAME first. Then pulled back the sensor side that is attached to the flimsy sensor arm that I swore I was going to break. The new links seem much easier to pull off. I really hope they stay on there and dont give me any grief. I wanted to keep the ride close to stock, but have the level look. Hope this was helpful to someone.
I drove 15 miles to work in AERO mode and got a temporary 'Service suspension' message that went off after a minute. Same thing happened on the way home...and then again on another 20 miles the other direction and again on the way home ...argh ... I'm going to adjust the back higher by 1 more turn later. I'm going to drive to work tomorrow in normal. I estimate my drop in the rear will be 1/2" max. Just need fine tuning.

Jmaloneydo

Reaction score
Thcmas35, thanks very much for the info and the time it took to explain all of that. I'll be ordering my links soon and trying the same thing. Are the adjustments as easy as turning a wrench while the links are attached or do you have to take them off each time you want to make some fine tuning? Just wondering. Good luck with getting rid of those annoying error codes.

thcmas35

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
Thcmas35, thanks very much for the info and the time it took to explain all of that. I'll be ordering my links soon and trying the same thing. Are the adjustments as easy as turning a wrench while the links are attached or do you have to take them off each time you want to make some fine tuning? Just wondering. Good luck with getting rid of those annoying error codes.
I drove to work in normal setting today. No error codes yet. It did seem like a slightly stiffer ride in the front - expected. I normally bias to driving in Aero anyway, recall I have ORP to begin with.
I really think that I am flirting with the lower threshold in the rear and need to just adjust that up one turn. The links themselves jiggle a little where they attach to the ball stud, so perhaps that jiggle hits a threshold on the sensor arm.

To adjust, simply pop off one side of the link and hand turn - no tools required.

To be honest, the materials look like $30 in parts - however I was unable to find the parts easily and do it myself. Figured my time was worth something so I just ordered them. I really like the look so far (would post pictures but it has been dark out going to work and getting home).

robbiele

Reaction score
So, am I understanding that raising the front only 2" and not messing with rear will not throw any codes? Also, are the links going to cause any potential warranty issues?

RAMiller

Reaction score
Anyone try the Revel Performance Lift Links on a 2019 with the off road group (AWL)? I have a Limited on order with the off road group and RAM claims to have and additional 1" lift. It is my understanding these links may not work on the Rebel. I am thinking the Limited off road group may be the same Extra Heavy Duty Shocks that the Rebel does and therefore not work.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

thcmas35

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
Anyone try the Revel Performance Lift Links on a 2019 with the off road group (AWL)? I have a Limited on order with the off road group and RAM claims to have and additional 1" lift. It is my understanding these links may not work on the Rebel. I am thinking the Limited off road group may be the same Extra Heavy Duty Shocks that the Rebel does and therefore not work.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks
I have the links and limited with off road. The shocks are not the same as rebel is my understanding. I hadn't heard that the rebel didn't work with the links and air suspension (didn't search much on the new rebels)

RAMiller

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I am putting on 20x12-18's and don't want to rub but do not want to put on any kit. The Revel's seem to be the way to go.

thcmas35

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I am putting on 20x12-18's and don't want to rub but do not want to put on any kit. The Revel's seem to be the way to go.
You didn't note the tire size. Not sure if that was intentional or not. -18 offset wheels may stick outside the fender giving more of a bulldog stance. 33" are about 1" taller than stock circumference and safe choice. 35" are more of a "stuffed" look but I believe most setups fit okay.
I ride in aero most of the time for best ride. Normal sometimes.

RAMiller

Reaction score
Sorry, going with 305/55R20 Pro Comp A/T Sports on Fuel Assault 20X10-18 wheels. Not sure if you have seen these tires but they are a nice pattern for highway but an aggressive look and off-road capable. Best part is a 60 day no questions asked trial with a 60,000 mile NON PRORATED warranty. Can’t wait to get my truck and try these out.

Rebel03

Reaction score
Sorry, going with 305/55R20 Pro Comp A/T Sports on Fuel Assault 20X10-18 wheels. Not sure if you have seen these tires but they are a nice pattern for highway but an aggressive look and off-road capable. Best part is a 60 day no questions asked trial with a 60,000 mile NON PRORATED warranty. Can’t wait to get my truck and try these out.
I used the other links and slightly customized with studs. Also running pro comps but 35x12.5s on -12 wheels. Just did the splash guard mod and no clearance issues in any mode.

I ended up not liking the bumpy ride and added a Daystar spacer, this brought back to stock ride if not better!

Link to other post.

www.linksforram.com

IMG_20190216_140328240_HDR.jpg
18792.jpeg

RAMiller

Reaction score
Thanks Rebel03. Can you elaborate more on your setup. I am new to understanding the air ride and leveling.
What was the process to add the Daystar Spacer? Similar to an actual leveling kit or is something I can simply do? I like the fact that I can just pop on and off the leveling links made by Revel.

Rebel03

Reaction score
Thanks Rebel03. Can you elaborate more on your setup. I am new to understanding the air ride and leveling.
What was the process to add the Daystar Spacer? Similar to an actual leveling kit or is something I can simply do? I like the fact that I can just pop on and off the leveling links made by Revel.
Level links will get you level or whatever height adjustment you like. If you read up, the air system can throw errors if you go too far up or down from stock setting. I haven't had any issues with mine so far. I'm set within 1/4-1/2" level.
If you add just the spacer, it won't get you level as the stock links will just cause your bags to deflate and get back to stock height. This could throw errors being underinflated. If you add just the links, it may be a little bouncy, but it seems it's just preference to some if they mind or not.
My combo is a Daystar spacer on top of the front Air Struts and utilization of some adjustable links. As far as install on the spacer, it was the same as any other truck with a few added notes. Drop to entry/exit, set air system to tire jack mode, disconnect battery, disconnect brass air fitting on top of strut and keep clean. Other than that, it's just your normal remove upper ball joint nut, lower tie rod joint, sway bar link, strut bolt, and upper strut bolts. On a clean new truck, it's about a 3hr job.

The2ndlife

Reaction score
FYI... I found below video clip from youtube on daystar spacer installation on older generation RAM...

RAMiller

Reaction score
Level links will get you level or whatever height adjustment you like. If you read up, the air system can throw errors if you go too far up or down from stock setting. I haven't had any issues with mine so far. I'm set within 1/4-1/2" level.
If you add just the spacer, it won't get you level as the stock links will just cause your bags to deflate and get back to stock height. This could throw errors being underinflated. If you add just the links, it may be a little bouncy, but it seems it's just preference to some if they mind or not.
My combo is a Daystar spacer on top of the front Air Struts and utilization of some adjustable links. As far as install on the spacer, it was the same as any other truck with a few added notes. Drop to entry/exit, set air system to tire jack mode, disconnect battery, disconnect brass air fitting on top of strut and keep clean. Other than that, it's just your normal remove upper ball joint nut, lower tie rod joint, sway bar link, strut bolt, and upper strut bolts. On a clean new truck, it's about a 3hr job.
Thanks for the detailed info!

2019Oklimited

Reaction score
Just had these installed on my Limited. Brought the front up about 1.5", left rear alone. Everything is fine, except it got stuck in OR2 and did not want to lower. It was throwing all kinds of messages. The ride in OR2 is very bouncy. I had to pull the Air Suspension fuse (yellow 20Amp bay 17) to convince the system to lower back to Normal.
View attachment 10940 View attachment 10941 View attachment 10942 View attachment 10943 View attachment 10944 View attachment 10945
Did it stop throwing codes after pulling the fuse, or does it still do it in OR2?

Jeffslonghorn

Reaction score
What size tires are you running and are you able to use all ride modes without codes? Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

natew51

Reaction score
What size tires are you running and are you able to use all ride modes without codes? Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Running 33x12.5's on 22x10 -24 offset.

I dropped into exit/entry, aero and normal. Never went higher as I dont really have a need, but i dont think i would have any issues.

On my drive home it dropped into aero mode with no issue just like it did from the factory. If I get a chance i will test the higher modes, just not sure I wanna push my luck...haha!

Hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread