5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Revel Performance lift links for air ride suspension

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
Curious if anyone has had an air suspension system failure which an individual has stated was due to the lift/spacers and or installation.

bobgnarley

Reaction score
I had an idea of how much to shorten them based on the discussions here and they shipped close to it so I popped them on as is and it worked out great. I might raise the rear a touch but I'm pretty happy where she sits right now. Here's a better pic than the last one.

View attachment 33108
Thanks for sharing the end result. I'm planning to do the same with my Rebel – raise the front .5" and lower the rear .75 - 1". Not aiming for a perfect level; just need to settle down that factory rake a bit. Also not planning to install the Daystar spacer because I want the flexibility to return it to stock if I need to.

Also, where can I find a spreader tool like the one you have posted in a separate reply? – that looks 100% worth the cash to avoid bungling the install with more primitive tools.

Last edited:

bobgnarley

Reaction score
I installed my links over the weekend and wanted to share my objectives along with a few thoughts:

Rebels with the factory air bags are a curious beast. While I like the promise of adding a spacer to preserve the factory ride quality, I'm disinclined to make a difficult to reverse modification to the truck that might raise red flags if I ever needed to take it to the dealer for anything needing to be warrantied. I've also learned that, in practice, the outcome of leveling a Rebel with the spacer + links can sometimes create negative rake, prompting the need to raise the rear of the truck to balance things out. Additionally, my understanding is that this approach can also create additional stress on other components by making significant-enough changes to the suspension geometry that a traditional lift might circumvent (i.e. lowering the diff). As you can see, that can lead to a slippery slope. But modding a truck is subjective and deeply personal, and who am I to tell you how to spend your money and time.

Here are a few guiding constraints: 1) I'm not planning to run 35's; 2) I didn't want to lift the truck any higher – my wife and kids already complain about having to "climb" in; and 3) I don't take the truck overlanding.

So with those things in mind, I went with a hybrid solution – raise the front and lower the rear. And while that might not be everyone's favored approach, I couldn't be happier with the end result which has the truck standing within a 1/2" of true level.

The benefits —
• all four corners can be returned to stock in less than 10-mins;
• the price of admission is much lower than with a spacer + link lift, installed and aligned;
• the ride height stays "reasonable";
• no increased stress on other suspension components

The drawbacks —
• slightly stiffer ride than stock;
• slightly less departure clearance

Here are my link measurements (eye-to-eye) in case anyone with a Rebel wants to follow in suit. I did not take before measurements to compare the deltas between hub center to fender distance.

Front: Revel lift links set at 65mm
Rear: Revel lowering links set at 79mm

unnamed.jpg

Last edited:

davidn0021

Reaction score
I installed my links over the weekend and wanted to share my objectives along with a few thoughts:

Rebels with the factory air bags are a curious beast. While I like the promise of adding a spacer to preserve the factory ride quality, I'm disinclined to make a significant-enough modification to the truck that might raise red flags if I ever needed to take it to the dealer for anything needing to be warrantied. I've also learned that, in practice, the outcome of leveling a Rebel with the spacer + links can sometimes create negative rake, prompting the need to raise the rear of the truck to balance things out. Additionally, my understanding is that this approach can also create additional stress on other components by making significant-enough changes to the suspension geometry that a traditional lift might circumvent (i.e. lowering the diff). As you can see, that can lead to a slippery slope. But modding a truck is subjective and deeply personal, and who am I to tell you how to spend your money and time.

Here are a few guiding constraints: 1) I'm not planning to run 35's; 2) I didn't want to lift the truck any higher – my wife and kids already complain about having to "climb" in; and 3) I don't take the truck overlanding.

So with those things in mind, I went with a hybrid solution – raise the front and lower the rear. And while that might not be everyone's favored approach, I couldn't be happier with the end result which has the truck standing within a 1/2" of true level.

The benefits —
• all four corners can be returned to stock in less than 10-mins;
• the price of admission is much lower than with a spacer + link lift, installed and aligned;
• the ride height stays "reasonable";
• no increased stress on other suspension components

The drawbacks —
• slightly stiffer ride than stock;
• slightly less departure clearance

Here are my link measurements (eye-to-eye) in case anyone with a Rebel wants to follow in suit. I did not take before measurements to compare the deltas between hub center to fender distance.

Front: Revel lift links set at 65mm
Rear: Revel lowering links set at 79mm

View attachment 81398

I want to do something approximately the same. I don't mind the rake as much but I also agree it should be about a 1/2" - 3/4" rake. Did you lose some of the OR ride heights as part of your set up? Did you end up having to buy two half kits?

bobgnarley

Reaction score
I want to do something approximately the same. I don't mind the rake as much but I also agree it should be about a 1/2" - 3/4" rake. Did you lose some of the OR ride heights as part of your set up? Did you end up having to buy two half kits?
No loss of ride heights in my testing – the truck was able to move between the four settings without issue. I spoke with Randy at Revel who advised I order the RP6 kit and specify in the customer notes that I wanted rear lowering links instead. It was a very cut and dry process and Randy was super attentive to my questions, responding on average within a couple hours after emailing him.

davidn0021

Reaction score
No loss of ride heights in my testing – the truck was able to move between the four settings without issue. I spoke with Randy at Revel who advised I order the RP6 kit and specify in the customer notes that I wanted rear lowering links instead. It was a very cut and dry process and Randy was super attentive to my questions, responding on average within a couple hours after emailing him.

Sounds good! I'll consider doing the same as you. Not really interested in adding the spacer either although I hear it maintains the ride quality more so than just adding the links.

19TXLimited

Reaction score
Sounds good! I'll consider doing the same as you. Not really interested in adding the spacer either although I hear it maintains the ride quality more so than just adding the links.

For those not wanting the added install costs and ease of returning the truck to stock at a moments notice this sounds like a great solution. I can't imagine the ride quality suffered much from the additional 1/2" of ride height either. I drove around with mine at 1 1/2" additional ride height in the front for a couple months prior to installing the spacers, upper control arms and rear links.

In the end I took the rear up approx 3/4" and the front up approximately 2 1/4" from stock while adding the spacer and Rough Country upper control arms. The ride quality remained greatly unchanged on the truck. I did however lose the ability to enter offroad level 2 with the truck loaded with passengers, two 120 qt ice chests full of ice and food and other beach going items (canopy, chairs, etc.). Since OR2 isn't even able to be used in most normal day-to-day operation of the truck I wasn't too concerned.

In the end, when I need a new set of tires I may lower the links to a more 1.5" from and remove the rear links to step down in tire size to a 305/45R22 rather than the 285/55R22 currently on the truck. We willl see...truck doesn't get many miles these days and I wonder if I'll need a new set of tires before I decide I "need" a new truck haha.

Great original write up on the Rebel Revel Level and hope it helps others on the fence about adding the spacer, etc.

NJC1684

Reaction score
Not a huge difference between the kits either. I bought lowering links from a member and am using them to lift.

Domt1775

Reaction score
Daystar, Dodge Ram 1500 2.5" Leveling Kit, fits 2009 to 2017 4WD, all transmissions, all cabs KC09113BK, Made in America https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001GH1NHU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_zV1IDbKJ0AHWT

0ce4e1d00768660138762a5a1526a9a4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2019 Limited 4x4 with ramboxes, no etourque
- Borla cat-back touring with resonator
- 20% ceramic tint all around and pano
- Leveled with Daystar spacers and revel links (0.5in rake)
- Nitto ridge grapplers 285/55r22 (34.6x11.7)
Hey man would you mind posting the total truck height? Putting 285/55s on my truck with a 2 in revel link/daystar level in the front...want to make sure it fits in the parking garage.

Users who are viewing this thread