5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Revel Performance lift links for air ride suspension

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
some folks have it but no one has really reported back anything. typically it will stiffen up the front a bit but then people get larger tires so that will also contribute to a stiffer ride. It's all subjective. Try driving in OR1 and that will give you and some hint, although the rear will also stiffen in OR1.

Many 4th gen Rebels have used similar adjustable links and same mixed bag of reviews. Most issues are from breaking or damaging the sensor arm when swapping the links. some also believe that the aftermarket links are firmer than the stock links so that may also contribute to possible sensor damage. Mike Bit in the Rebel Owner FB group makes "flexible" links as well to address this concern. He makes buyers sign a legal waiver before he sells them the links.

I have the parts to make my own links but am still reluctant to do this. I'd rather do a true lift instead but no aftermarket kits are available.

Brian5794

Reaction score
I have revel links on mine, took the front up 1.5 and left the rear alone, this is in normal mode. Ride quality is the same. Any higher and it will get bouncy

Attachments

• E01B67A3-818B-4F34-9160-14192ED2CBBE.jpeg
    E01B67A3-818B-4F34-9160-14192ED2CBBE.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 781

Jigaloo

Reaction score
I ordered the links the other day and I'm just installing the front links to level the truck.

Cannonball

Reaction score
Anyone with 2wd air ride look into doing a CST lift spindle yet? I haven't received my truck but am interested in this. Mechanically, I don't see why this wouldn't work with our air ride unless the oem bracket for the link arms is affixed to the spindle. I see no reason to have to open up the air system.

4" of spindle in front plus adjusting the rear links to raise up 1" seems like it would result in a nice level lift without impacting ride quality.

Thoughts?

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone with 2wd air ride look into doing a CST lift spindle yet? I haven't received my truck but am interested in this. Mechanically, I don't see why this wouldn't work with our air ride unless the oem bracket for the link arms is affixed to the spindle. I see no reason to have to open up the air system.

4" of spindle in front plus adjusting the rear links to raise up 1" seems like it would result in a nice level lift without impacting ride quality.

Thoughts?

I like your thinking!

My rake is 2" so would require a rear spacer and adjustable links. Thus opening up the system. But even a 1" adjustment on the air bag alone makes it a bit stiffer that I would notice so my preference would be to maintain the stock air bag fill level.

But with the wacky geometry of the air system, it would take some time to play with the links to dial it in right. That's why I don't want to be the guinea pig lol.

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mike is sending me a new set because the holes are just slightly larger than they need to be for the ball studs. There is resistance but needs to be more. What a stand up guy BTW, this guy goes above and beyond. I ordered them from https://www.linksforram.com/

Currently I have about 1/2" higher in the back. The measurements at normal mode are:
Front - 39.30
Rear - 39.90

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone have a Rebel or the off road package with air ride? Curious to know how long the stock links are.

A10

Reaction score
Does anyone have a Rebel or the off road package with air ride? Curious to know how long the stock links are.

2.75 inches from center of ball to center of ball. On my off-road package, air ride, Laramie.

Last edited:

fact mechanic

Reaction score
Many 4th gen Rebels have used similar adjustable links and same mixed bag of reviews. Most issues are from breaking or damaging the sensor arm when swapping the links. some also believe that the aftermarket links are firmer than the stock links so that may also contribute to possible sensor damage. Mike Bit in the Rebel Owner FB group makes "flexible" links as well to address this concern.

Are the flexible ones the ones that look like they have a spring or cord in the middle? I saw a video of those installed somewhere but now I can’t find it.

thcmas35

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
Yeah read up a few posts.
Looked like you were still waiting on an updated part. I assume you have the new one installed to level the front? Are you pleased? How is the ride? My guess is you bought qty 2 at $32? Would you have preferred the adjustable links over the fixed?

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was waiting but that was only to provide some greater resistance on the socket. I have the adjustable ones because I was helping him decide on what he should print for a fixed link. Ride is fine, it's not stock but the tires don't help wither. The fixed is set at 75mm which should provide a slight rake in the back. I know when I tried to go exactly level I received a "service air ride suspension" message a few times but it went away after few seconds. I adjusted them just a bit but that was just today.

Bronenosets

Reaction score
Just had these installed on my Limited. Brought the front up about 1.5", left rear alone. Everything is fine, except it got stuck in OR2 and did not want to lower. It was throwing all kinds of messages. The ride in OR2 is very bouncy. I had to pull the Air Suspension fuse (yellow 20Amp bay 17) to convince the system to lower back to Normal.
front-height-before-level.png back-before-after-level.png link-adjustment.png new-link-installed.png front-height-after-level.png truck-side.jpg

thcmas35

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
Just had these installed on my Limited. Brought the front up about 1.5", left rear alone. Everything is fine, except it got stuck in OR2 and did not want to lower. It was throwing all kinds of messages. The ride in OR2 is very bouncy. I had to pull the Air Suspension fuse (yellow 20Amp bay 17) to convince the system to lower back to Normal.
View attachment 10940 View attachment 10941 View attachment 10942 View attachment 10943 View attachment 10944 View attachment 10945
I just ordered some links over the weekend, so this was good timing for me. I have stocks on, prob until spring.
What size are your tires? I didn't see anything in your signature.

grinch72

Reaction score
View attachment 10940 View attachment 10941 View attachment 10942 View attachment 10943 View attachment 10944 View attachment 10945

Thanks for the pics. Those are great. Did you only install on the front or did you install the links all the way around?

Bronenosets

Reaction score
I just ordered some links over the weekend, so this was good timing for me. I have stocks on, prob until spring.
What size are your tires? I didn't see anything in your signature.

Tires are 35X12.5 Ridge Grapplers

Users who are viewing this thread