5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Revel Performance lift links for air ride suspension

19 streak

Reaction score
Now that it's not stuck in or2 how's the ride? The "normal" position is now technically "or1" correct?

Bronenosets

Reaction score
Now that it's not stuck in or2 how's the ride? The "normal" position is now technically "or1" correct?

The ride now is basically the same as before level. Tires did make it a little bit noisier but otherwise I it is still smooth as butter. And yes, "Normal" is now "OR1".

19 streak

Reaction score
The ride now is basically the same as before level. Tires did make it a little bit noisier but otherwise I it is still smooth as butter. And yes, "Normal" is now "OR1".
Its probably a good idea to get an alignment now? I'm getting ready to ordering some links for mine. Trying to sort out all the details first.

Bronenosets

Reaction score
Its probably a good idea to get an alignment now? I'm getting ready to ordering some links for mine. Trying to sort out all the details first.

You know, I thought that too. But it's just so smooth and straight....

thcmas35

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
Just had these installed on my Limited. Brought the front up about 1.5", left rear alone. Everything is fine, except it got stuck in OR2 and did not want to lower. It was throwing all kinds of messages. The ride in OR2 is very bouncy. I had to pull the Air Suspension fuse (yellow 20Amp bay 17) to convince the system to lower back to Normal.
View attachment 10940 View attachment 10941 View attachment 10942 View attachment 10943 View attachment 10944 View attachment 10945
Did you have trouble taking the stock links off? I was going to install yday and felt like I was going to snap the plastic mount. I quit and figured maybe I would wait until I could apply a heat gun and warm up the plastic (make it feel less brittle in the freezing cold). I measured - my plan is to drop 1" on the rear and increase ~1" on the front. I already have the off-road package. Main goal is to level and get some 33's on it. I have plenty of space for that set up I think. Anyway, any tips you have for removing stock links is appreciated.

Bronenosets

Reaction score
Did you have trouble taking the stock links off? I was going to install yday and felt like I was going to snap the plastic mount. I quit and figured maybe I would wait until I could apply a heat gun and warm up the plastic (make it feel less brittle in the freezing cold). I measured - my plan is to drop 1" on the rear and increase ~1" on the front. I already have the off-road package. Main goal is to level and get some 33's on it. I have plenty of space for that set up I think. Anyway, any tips you have for removing stock links is appreciated.
It did initially feel like I was going to break things. I used a screwdriver to pry the top part, and then just twisted the bottom part while pulling away.

Browny10783

Reaction score
Just had these installed on my Limited. Brought the front up about 1.5", left rear alone. Everything is fine, except it got stuck in OR2 and did not want to lower. It was throwing all kinds of messages. The ride in OR2 is very bouncy. I had to pull the Air Suspension fuse (yellow 20Amp bay 17) to convince the system to lower back to Normal.
View attachment 10940 View attachment 10941 View attachment 10942 View attachment 10943 View attachment 10944 View attachment 10945
Hey bud. What’s your mpg’s like with the level and 35’s

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I ordered these links and I think I am going to lower the rear some and raise the front some to achieve the level as well. Revel said there should be enough thread on the links to reduce the rear some. I am eventually trying to put 315 40 26 tires on...

thcmas35

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
I ordered these links and I think I am going to lower the rear some and raise the front some to achieve the level as well. Revel said there should be enough thread on the links to reduce the rear some. I am eventually trying to put 315 40 26 tires on...
I just put my links on last night. I raised the front by 3/4" (would have preferred more thread on the front to be honest - not much thread in the link). A 3/4" increase height is approximately the lowest setting so those looking to lower would need longer thread. The rear I lowered about an inch. There was plenty of thread here. Only issue is I could not put into entry/exit mode without the truck telling me to service air suspension. It will be super easy to play around with setting and get it dialed in, we just had company coming over and I didn't finish the task. I'll raise the rear from here the min I can and raise the front to maintain level and not get any error messages.

thcmas35

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
I just put my links on last night. I raised the front by 3/4" (would have preferred more thread on the front to be honest - not much thread in the link). A 3/4" increase height is approximately the lowest setting so those looking to lower would need longer thread. The rear I lowered about an inch. There was plenty of thread here. Only issue is I could not put into entry/exit mode without the truck telling me to service air suspension. It will be super easy to play around with setting and get it dialed in, we just had company coming over and I didn't finish the task. I'll raise the rear from here the min I can and raise the front to maintain level and not get any error messages.
I made adjustments to the settings. My goal was to lower the rear as much as I could and still allow all modes to work. I was able to lower the rear by 5/8" and raise the front by 1-3/8". Before I started my front sat lower by 2-1/2". The delta is now only 1/2". I have the ORP. I could raise the front more, but am going to see how I like it where it's at. It was below zero this morning so I'm not anxious to go driving or take pictures yet.

Reaction score
I made adjustments to the settings. My goal was to lower the rear as much as I could and still allow all modes to work. I was able to lower the rear by 5/8" and raise the front by 1-3/8". Before I started my front sat lower by 2-1/2". The delta is now only 1/2". I have the ORP. I could raise the front more, but am going to see how I like it where it's at. It was below zero this morning so I'm not anxious to go driving or take pictures yet.

Looking to do exactly what you set out to do: achieve level or close to level and put on 33" (305/55) on the stock 20". I have ORP as well. Please keep us posted on how it rides and any errors or malfunctions. I placed an order just now for the Revel kit and am looking to follow in your footsteps.

Could you measure out how long you set your links? I'd like to use your current config as a starting off point.

ETA: I think we pretty much have exactly the same truck, save for E-Torque and color

Last edited:

Jmaloneydo

Reaction score
Im also interested in doing the same exact thing to my limited. I for sure want to level it out a bit, doesn't have to be exactly the same spacing on both front and rear, but less rake for sure. I also want to keep the ride as smooth as possible and it sounds like this is the way to go. Please let us know your spacing on your links for both the front and rear so we have a good starting point. Much appreciated.

thcmas35

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
Im also interested in doing the same exact thing to my limited. I for sure want to level it out a bit, doesn't have to be exactly the same spacing on both front and rear, but less rake for sure. I also want to keep the ride as smooth as possible and it sounds like this is the way to go. Please let us know your spacing on your links for both the front and rear so we have a good starting point. Much appreciated.
It is very much trial and error. I would have to take off the links again to measure. Each turn of the screw changes things pretty dramatically. I started somewhere around 5mm (not cm!) SHORTER on both from stock. 5mm = 3/4 - 1" change. SHORTER on the FRONT RAISES the suspension, and SHORTER links on the REAR LOWERS the REAR. I then raised the rear by 1-2 turns (to get the warning on entry/exit off) and turned 3-4 or so rotations inward on the front to raise the front suspension more. I would have to go in and take off the links to remeasure the finals and it's just too fvcking cold/messy outside for that right now [apologies - but you will see it is easy to adjust]. For the install, I made sure to take measurements from ground floor to lower edge of the wheel well on a smooth, flat surface before starting (all 4 corners). I sprayed a little silicone spray on the connectors as recommended by Revel. I also used a trim pry bar to remove the link from the FRAME first. Then pulled back the sensor side that is attached to the flimsy sensor arm that I swore I was going to break. The new links seem much easier to pull off. I really hope they stay on there and dont give me any grief. I wanted to keep the ride close to stock, but have the level look. Hope this was helpful to someone.

Last edited:

Aries Ram

AriesRam
Reaction score
Thats the size tire im running buddy

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/