5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote Mount Oil Filter

Ronkartz72

Reaction score
Got mine put on today
050e18f5c750aa0ec1331f5fad071118.jpg
49483ce7547d35d53b7e6499b62d8d53.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
Looks like a solid kit! Where did you get it and price?

Big White RAM

Reaction score
Installed it this weekend. The hardest part was tightening the hoses to the base where the old filter was. Do yourself a favor and make sure you have an open end wrench, the shortest one you can find, that flits the hose end so that you can get in that tight space. All in all is is a very nice kit with some high quality pieces. It also uses the same stock filter size so you do have to worry about getting a different filter.

View attachment 73275 View attachment 73276 View attachment 73277
I installed the pacbrake kit a few days ago and so far, so good. Looking over your pictures, I notice the flexable hoses dont seem to touch where they approach the remote filter assembly. Mine do, and I installed a piece of plastic loom to prevent any possible rubbing between the hoses. The next time you get under your truck, could you take a picture of the oil lines from the filter adapter to the remote mount from the front of the truck looking towards the rear? I'd like to see the angle of the fittings and compare them to mine. It's possible that the hoses in my kit are longer than yours which may cause them to touch. Thanks in advance for your help.

CajunHeat

Reaction score
I installed the pacbrake kit a few days ago and so far, so good. Looking over your pictures, I notice the flexable hoses dont seem to touch where they approach the remote filter assembly. Mine do, and I installed a piece of plastic loom to prevent any possible rubbing between the hoses. The next time you get under your truck, could you take a picture of the oil lines from the filter adapter to the remote mount from the front of the truck looking towards the rear? I'd like to see the angle of the fittings and compare them to mine. It's possible that the hoses in my kit are longer than yours which may cause them to touch. Thanks in advance for your help.
I'll do that and post them soon.

Lit_AF

Hardware Geek - Pro Detailer
Reaction score
Oil pressure is perfect. I did have to add an additional 24 oz. of oil as I used a larger filter, and the addition of hoses. Looking forward to the next oil change!
Thanks! Good to know, Gonna call them now, international calls are no fun and check if they could ship overseas.
On a side note, I've installed the fumoto new gen valve, draining is so easy lol with a 3/8" ID vinyl hose.

fumoto.jpg

Big White RAM

Reaction score
Thanks! Good to know, Gonna call them now, international calls are no fun and check if they could ship overseas.
On a side note, I've installed the fumoto new gen valve, draining is so easy lol with a 3/8" ID vinyl hose.

View attachment 75487
I bought the Valvomax drain plug, but didnt install it as I use a vacuume pump to extract the oil from the dipstick tube. I Called PacPro direct and the kit was shipped to me within a few days from the west coast.

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Super good service from PACBrake and the kit is the nicest on the market hands down.

RSZ

Reaction score
I bought the Valvomax drain plug, but didnt install it as I use a vacuume pump to extract the oil from the dipstick tube. I Called PacPro direct and the kit was shipped to me within a few days from the west coast.

What pump are you using?

I use to change the oil on my Town & Country 3.6 that way since the oil filter was up top too. Haven't tried sucking the oil out the dip stick tube yet on the HEMI. Some reports I've read say there is some sort of baffle or obstruction at the end of the dipstick tube that won't allow the tube in far anough to allow for full extraction of all the oil.

Big White RAM

Reaction score
What pump are you using?

I use to change the oil on my Town & Country 3.6 that way since the oil filter was up top too. Haven't tried sucking the oil out the dip stick tube yet on the HEMI. Some reports I've read say there is some sort of baffle or obstruction at the end of the dipstick tube that won't allow the tube in far anough to allow for full extraction of all the oil.
It's a MightyVac extraction pump. I use a 3/16" o.d. tube for the Hemi, as the 1/4" tube that came with it was too large to get past where the dipstick tube attaches to the engine block. I'm going to order some 4mm i.d. x 5mm o.d. tubing for the next oil change, as it will allow a faster flow of oil.

Reactions: RSZ

DIRTRIDER

Reaction score
Here is my remote oil filter install. I bought the Derale kit #15725, went to my local hydraulic hose shop and had high temp, steel braided hoses made with matching fittings and then upgraded the o-rings to Viton. Also, made my own filter bracket. The filter is a little salty from our winter roads and all the oil on the frame is my oil bath rustproofing that is applied every year.

Attachments

• IMG_3089.jpg
    IMG_3089.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_3082.jpg
    IMG_3082.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_3084.jpg
    IMG_3084.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_3085.jpg
    IMG_3085.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_3088.jpg
    IMG_3088.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_3087.jpg
    IMG_3087.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 245

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Here is my remote oil filter install. I bought the Derale kit #15725, went to my local hydraulic hose shop and had high temp, steel braided hoses made with matching fittings and then upgraded the o-rings to Viton. Also, made my own filter bracket. The filter is a little salty from our winter roads and all the oil on the frame is my oil bath rustproofing that is applied every year.
Looks professional!

Ronkartz72

Reaction score
I finally got around to changing the hoses and clamps out on mine. Had a problem with some leakage so I got some 1/2" 4000 psi hydraulic hoses and some 3/4" to 1/2" fittings off of Amazon. Fit great and I am actually seeing a little more PSI on the oil gauge.

Orion10182011

Reaction score
Just did my 2nd oil change. I discovered that I can get at the oil filter from the front rather than from the bottom. Much easier.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Has anyone mounted the remote filter up high? I had an old Nissan that I put a bazillion miles on. I relocated the filter to up on top of the wheel well so I could just pop the hood, unscrew the filter and vacuum the oil out the dipstick tube.

The Jeep's pentastar v6 is an engineering miracle with an easy filter insert right on the top front of the motor. That has to be the most innovative design ever! Can't they make all motors like that?

jljbtm

Reaction score
I changed mine today at 2,526 miles. Someone had mentioned making a sort of valley/funnel out of foil to drain the oil the first time so I did that. I used the Fumoto valve to replace the oil drain plug. This should make it easier next time, using a hose. The oil filter was a little hard to remove but I have seen worse. I used foil to cover up parts below the oil filter. It would be nice to relocate the filter but only because the oil doesn't drain straight out into the oil drain pan. I would recommend using a 10 qt oil drain pan. I used a 8 qt pan and it was barely large enough to catch the used oil(not including the oil from the filter).
where do you get the Fumoto drain valve ? is there a specific one to fit these trucks? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread