5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote App

grinch72

Reaction score
If you guys have the 12.1" screen there seems to be a known issue with the remote commands not working after the truck is turned off for more than 30-60 minutes.
There is another thread here: https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/uconnect-remote-app-commands-not-working-after-a-while
Unfortunately no real permanent fixes yet.
Appreciate any updates you can share!
Mine work fine no matter how long the car sits. They released a new app a few days ago and that took care of it for me.

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've never had a problem with remote start even after sitting overnight or for 8-10 hours while I'm at work.

SSR

Reaction score
Both of you have the 12.1 and no issues, interesting.
My issue is definitely more than just the phone app not working, logging in via mopar.com also fails. Also my mileage has never updated here.
1545109094937.png

grinch72

Reaction score
Both of you have the 12.1 and no issues, interesting.
My issue is definitely more than just the phone app not working, logging in via mopar.com also fails. Also my mileage has never updated here.
View attachment 10994

Your mileage will never update. That isn't supported yet. Supposed to be coming in a future update. Also mine did the same at one point. I ended up taking of the negative wire on my truck for around an hour. When I put it back on the radio reset itself and reactivated after a period of time. At that point everything started working except the app. Once the new app was released it all works as expected.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Your mileage will never update. That isn't supported yet. Supposed to be coming in a future update. Also mine did the same at one point. I ended up taking of the negative wire on my truck for around an hour. When I put it back on the radio reset itself and reactivated after a period of time. At that point everything started working except the app. Once the new app was released it all works as expected.
Is the new app you are referring to Uconnect or Mopar and what is the release date? I want to download it to see if it resolves my remote start...issues.

grinch72

Reaction score
Is the new app you are referring to Uconnect or Mopar and what is the release date? I want to download it to see if it resolves my remote start...issues.

Uconnect app. It was released Dec 13th. I deleted my old app and all of the data. installed the new one and it works perfect.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Uconnect app. It was released Dec 13th. I deleted my old app and all of the data. installed the new one and it works perfect.
I googled it and the Uconnect site says updated Nov 15th. This isn't the right one correct? I didnt find any December uodate.

grinch72

Reaction score
I googled it and the Uconnect site says updated Nov 15th. This isn't the right one correct? I didnt find any December uodate.

I'm using an iPhone. That app was updated on the 13th of this month. Not sure about Android if that is what you're using.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm using an iPhone. That app was updated on the 13th of this month. Not sure about Android if that is what you're using.
Ahh. Maybe that's why. I am using an Android and latest update is November 15th. Thanks for the info.

grinch72

Reaction score
Ahh. Maybe that's why. I am using an Android and latest update is November 15th. Thanks for the info.

For some reason the iPhone apps always update before the Android apps. I would keep my eye open though for an Android update sometime in the next month would be my guess.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For some reason the iPhone apps always update before the Android apps. I would keep my eye open though for an Android update sometime in the next month would be my guess.
I hate the Android but it's a free work phone so I guess I cant complain. iPhone is always ahead.

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
3.3.1 for Android is dated 11/15/18. That's almost a month before the iPhone version.

It's also the version that I have on my Note 8 and I've never had an issue with it working correctly.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
3.3.1 for Android is dated 11/15/18. That's almost a month before the iPhone version.

It's also the version that I have on my Note 8 and I've never had an issue with it working correctly.
I'll give it a go. My truck went into the shop then so I havent been able to try it since. I'll test it when I pick up the truck later this week.

TooTall

Reaction score
@RamCares theres multiple threads on this very poor uconnect remote functionality when is Sirius or Ram going to do something or at least acknowlege the problem publicly.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@RamCares theres multiple threads on this very poor uconnect remote functionality when is Sirius or Ram going to do something or at least acknowlege the problem publicly.
Thanks TooTall. I am so sick of Sirius and Ram pointing the finger at each other about the issues with this app. Its BS. Someone needs to step up.and fix it already. We paid good money for the Uconnect and its unacceptable that the feature doesn't work consistently.

Users who are viewing this thread