5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote App

Laramiepete

Reaction score
On my last weekly call to Sirius/Guardian about this remote start issue, I was told to take it to the dealer and have them check if the telematics module is going into a low power state after 15/20 minutes. I said it must be since I can restart the truck within 15/20 minutes. I asked if I take it in and this is the case what can be done? He said that the dealer needed to change or reprogram the unit. Can dealers make changes to the base programs or can the just flash updates from FCA? I don't know. However I do not have the time to take it in if all they can do is tell me that, ya you got a problem but we can't fix it.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On my last weekly call to Sirius/Guardian about this remote start issue, I was told to take it to the dealer and have them check if the telematics module is going into a low power state after 15/20 minutes. I said it must be since I can restart the truck within 15/20 minutes. I asked if I take it in and this is the case what can be done? He said that the dealer needed to change or reprogram the unit. Can dealers make changes to the base programs or can the just flash updates from FCA? I don't know. However I do not have the time to take it in if all they can do is tell me that, ya you got a problem but we can't fix it.
I think may be what is happening. I dont believe there is anything they can do to troubleshoot it or any type of flash they can do. I am quite sure the unit has to be replaced. I have the same issue and am hesitant to have them swap the unit as it requires head unit removal. I have enough issues going on and dont want any more scratches, toolmarks...headaches.

Users who are viewing this thread