5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote App

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone having issues with the Sirius Guardian app? My truck is barely a month old and I have only been able to connect with the app 3 or 4 times to unlock or start. I have tried to unlock, start, and locate the vehicle at least 50 times but it always fails. I spent over an hour on the phone with Sirius a week ago and about 30 mins on the phone a few days ago. I have also uninstalled the app and rei stalled at least 10 times. They can send successful commands. Immediately after they send a command I can successfully send a command once then it fails again. Sirius says to ask dealer to check telematics module. I dont believe it's bad as all other functions that telematics module controls work fine like bluetooth, nav...I think it's a software issue. Sirius Guardian is useless. I will run it by the dealer at my first oil change but I doubt they will find anything wrong with the module. I will certainly not pay for the service once it expires.

cjmst23

Reaction score
Mine works as advertised...but I think it's worthless other than remote start (when out of key fob range) for upcoming winter.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There are two versions of Uconnect remote apps. The Guardian app I could never get to work correctly, as in your case and the Uconnect app works perfectly on my phone and starts, locks and locates my truck in seconds... without fail to date.

Search Google Play store and try the other app. Phone support and dealer employees are clueless.

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There are two versions of Uconnect remote apps. The Guardian app I could never get to work correctly, as in your case and the Uconnect app works perfectly on my phone and starts, locks and locates my truck in seconds... without fail to date.

Search Google Play store and try the other app. Phone support and dealer employees are clueless.

Totally agree with this, although it's still slow and I will see an issue where I send a remote command...wait forever it seems. I can see it wake the cluster up, then never unlocks the vehicle. I have to then send the command again and it works within seconds. I gave RAM feedback on this, I hope they do something with it because other manufacturers do a much better job then FCA on this one.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Thanks for the reply. I will try the other app and see what happens. I'll let you know.

Laramiepete

Reaction score
I'm having the exact same problem. Sirius opened a ticket and had me reset my info. It didn't work. They told me the radio was defective and to take it to the dealer. I had a hard enough time getting the dealer to flash my amp. I can just imagine the grief I'll get when bringing up "telematics". Everything else works fine except the remote functions. The remote functions will work if I try them within 15 to 20 minutes after i exit the truck. After that nothing. Please keep us updated on your situation. If I can get this fixed, I think everything would be perfect.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Totally agree with this, although it's still slow and I will see an issue where I send a remote command...wait forever it seems. I can see it wake the cluster up, then never unlocks the vehicle. I have to then send the command again and it works within seconds. I gave RAM feedback on this, I hope they do something with it because other manufacturers do a much better job then FCA on this one.
Fortunately my key fob works fine remotely starting the vehicle. as I mentioned, the Sirius Guardian and Mopar people were useless. I haven't been to the dealer yet.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm having the exact same problem. Sirius opened a ticket and had me reset my info. It didn't work. They told me the radio was defective and to take it to the dealer. I had a hard enough time getting the dealer to flash my amp. I can just imagine the grief I'll get when bringing up "telematics". Everything else works fine except the remote functions. The remote functions will work if I try them within 15 to 20 minutes after i exit the truck. After that nothing. Please keep us updated on your situation. If I can get this fixed, I think everything would be perfect.
I also did the reset of personal settings which did nothing. I suspected it wouldn't do anything but tried it just to let Sirius Guardian know it was done. I think it is clearly a software issue which needs an update.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is the Uconnect app...
20181101_085341.jpg

And the Guardian is slightly different and has the Guardian label...
20181101_085401.jpg

Kidder

Reaction score
The Uconnect app I have for droid only has Remote and Location. No truck info (oil/fuel/etc). A step backwards from what I had on my 2016 Ram 2500.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
The Uconnect app I have for droid only has Remote and Location. No truck info (oil/fuel/etc). A step backwards from what I had on my 2016 Ram 2500.
iOS version is the same as yours BTW.

Laramiepete

Reaction score
I think I am going to try and pull fuse F44 on the internal fuse box. The manual say it controls the " Radio / DCSD / Telematics Box Mod".
The Power Distribution Center is located under the drivers
side instrument panel, according to the manual.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'll admit the locate is hit or miss, But the lock/unlock, remote start and vehicle stats work perfectly.

d_THRILL

Reaction score
Not to be the dumb "not helpful guy" in here, but I'm assuming you received the email from the dealer to register your vehicle with Mopar which also directs you to set up the Guardian app, correct? Also, your vehicle isn't in Dealer mode, right? You activated your free trial?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Not to be the dumb "not helpful guy" in here, but I'm assuming you received the email from the dealer to register your vehicle with Mopar which also directs you to set up the Guardian app, correct? Also, your vehicle isn't in Dealer mode, right? You activated your free trial?
Mine is in "trial" mode or whatever it's called (5 year free subscription).
A bit slow at times, but not too bad. Works as advertised.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Not to confuse the two, but the 5 year trial subscription is for Travel Link. The Guardian app comes with a 1 year subscription.
Thats right! I keep confusing the two. So I'm on the one-year trial then.

Users who are viewing this thread