5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote App

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone having issues with the Sirius Guardian app? My truck is barely a month old and I have only been able to connect with the app 3 or 4 times to unlock or start. I have tried to unlock, start, and locate the vehicle at least 50 times but it always fails. I spent over an hour on the phone with Sirius a week ago and about 30 mins on the phone a few days ago. I have also uninstalled the app and rei stalled at least 10 times. They can send successful commands. Immediately after they send a command I can successfully send a command once then it fails again. Sirius says to ask dealer to check telematics module. I dont believe it's bad as all other functions that telematics module controls work fine like bluetooth, nav...I think it's a software issue. Sirius Guardian is useless. I will run it by the dealer at my first oil change but I doubt they will find anything wrong with the module. I will certainly not pay for the service once it expires.
I had this with my 2017 Ram and it barely ever worked and I didn't purchase it after either.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not to be the dumb "not helpful guy" in here, but I'm assuming you received the email from the dealer to register your vehicle with Mopar which also directs you to set up the Guardian app, correct? Also, your vehicle isn't in Dealer mode, right? You activated your free trial?
Yes did all of that and it did work about 3 times. It also works immediately after the Sirius people test it but only once then no good again.

Mr.Gigglez

Reaction score
Forgot to add had tried the guardian app and it was pure garbage

Laramiepete

Reaction score
Well I haven't been able to get at the fuse (F44) as it is way up under the driver side dash. If and when I do I will let you know the results.

SSR

Reaction score
I have 2019 w/ the 12.1 screen. The Uconnect app remote commands only seem to work right after I finish driving the truck. If the truck sits idle for more than an hour or so the commands always fail.

Laramiepete

Reaction score
This is happening with both the 8.4 and the 12.1 radios. I think there is a seperate telematics module that plugs into the back of the radio that is responsible for listening for the remote signals. This same module also sends the health data and location data to the Sirius/Uconnect/Mopar cloud. I think things are so screwed up at Sirius/Uconnect/Mopar because of the new Guardian service and the fragmentation it is causing.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have 2019 w/ the 12.1 screen. The Uconnect app remote commands only seem to work right after I finish driving the truck. If the truck sits idle for more than an hour or so the commands always fail.
Thanks for the info. Mine worked two or three times when I first picked up the truck back in September. Has not worked since. Everything else works fine. Sirius says it's a vehicle issue which I don't because all of the other features work and they are able to remotely do things. I think it's got to be software-related.

jimwjones

Reaction score
The app is so much worse than ford or GM’s. My Tahoe starts within seconds AND it provides confirmation. Uconnect just says request recieved and remote start works about half the time. Tahoe is a 2015. Pathetic.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The app is so much worse than ford or GM’s. My Tahoe starts within seconds AND it provides confirmation. Uconnect just says request recieved and remote start works about half the time. Tahoe is a 2015. Pathetic.
Mine doesn't work at all. Tried Uconnect, Sirius Guardian apps and Mopar site.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Sirius app is a joke. 3 days in a row it failed to locate the vehicle. Also takes 30+ seconds for a command to go through.

Very disappointing as Ford's is instant and much cheaper after the free trial.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Sirius app is a joke. 3 days in a row it failed to locate the vehicle. Also takes 30+ seconds for a command to go through.

Very disappointing as Ford's is instant and much cheaper after the free trial.
You're lucky yours works at all. Mine worked 3 or 4 times when I first got the vehicle and has not worked since. None of the functions work. I've called Sirius multiple times and they always say take it to the dealer. Sirius is able to remotely send commands however. Makes no sense that there's something wrong with the vehicle if Sirius can do it.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I added NAV to my build just for this functionality. Talk about a waste of $$$. I know Ford's system works off of Verizon's towers - anyone know about Rams?

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is happening with both the 8.4 and the 12.1 radios. I think there is a seperate telematics module that plugs into the back of the radio that is responsible for listening for the remote signals. This same module also sends the health data and location data to the Sirius/Uconnect/Mopar cloud. I think things are so screwed up at Sirius/Uconnect/Mopar because of the new Guardian service and the fragmentation it is causing.
Does the radio have to be pulled to swap the module? I dread having the dealer start ripping things apart.

Laramiepete

Reaction score
The more I've tried to look into this the more I think the module is integrated into the radio. The parts websites I have looked at do not have any 2019 parts available however it states for older models see underline. Also my radio is a Panasonic, do you know what yours is? You can see it in the dealer mode screen.
MODULE. TELEMATICS.

WARNING:WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm – www.P65Warnings.ca.gov

" />
Part Number: 68222278AA (05091072AJ)
Telematics (HFM) Module For Vehicles Equipped With Navigation Radios Are Internal To Those Radios. [RSP].
prop65.png
WARNING:WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm – www.P65Warnings.ca.gov

45 people have looked at this part recently
Ships Fast From Bartow, Fl

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The aircard is internal to the unit. The latency is so slow. AT&T is the one that is used for the data. My daughters mustang has the ford phone app and its as fast as pushing the button on the remote. I was hoping the newer RAMs would have faster times than the older ones that were sprint and 3g on top of it but its no faster. I only use it if I'm in the mall and I parked uncovered or something in the summer or its cold.

If you do a speed test to the wifi in the truck the latency is in the 120s and higher. RAM really should had spent some effort on improving this accept of the truck. The 12.1 connects does not have the info tab of the app like the 8.4 with nav does. Another astonishing fail from ram. They do some great things and then they do some things that you scratch your head.

The air card is definitely LTE capable also. Just not for the wifi hotspot. If you go to the assist menu you can clearly see LTE in the top left. Its voice only not data.

Ford uses Verizon.

Users who are viewing this thread