5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recall of High Pressure Fuel Pump

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you have any idea what makes that part number "fixed" compared to the original? (The problem is the roller/cup assembly being able to rotate. A bypass circuit, like S&S offers for OTHER pumps (not ours) just sends the contaminated fuel back to the tank, where normal flow has it going through the filter. I'd rather not have shavings AT ALL...and not rely on the filter to stop them.)

As I asked...any idea what makes the new part better?

Thanks.
I didn't say it was any better, I am relaying information from someone with direct knowledge of the pump, recall and repair. He was able to share other info on other things, like the UC5 "patch" that will restore missing functions after last update.

gorilla57

Reaction score
I just love that there are no updates to what they are actually doing for the recall. Is it a new designed pump or what? So, someone with direct knowledge of the pump says it's not part of the recall, but who says this new pump won't be recalled in the future. FCA and Ram are not sharing ANY info. Such BS.....

Legal Brief

Reaction score
Oh, my gosh! - so much BS
1. It’s a recall, it’s covered even if your out of warranty
2. The new pump is not a recall fix it’s just the same pump - they are trying to keep u in the road
3. They are still trying to redesign the pump

Reactions: c3k

Vivrosh

Reaction score
Mine die on freeway yesterday now at dealer they will call what it’s 2021 eco 28k mile this is crazy
the dealer just texted me it starter failed, and they ordered a new starter I am still confused while on the road it should not do that I feel like they will call back after change the starter and will come up with something else

Last edited:

EpicMando27

Reaction score
Brought my truck in today to replace a tire with a nail in it and a broken sun visor (warranty work). The service advisor said they had a high-pressure fuel pump in stock for the recall and asked if I wanted to take care of it now. I said yes, and now they are stating it may be 10 days until they can get all the work done for the pump recall, the tire was already in stock.

The service manager told me Mopar wouldn't cover a rental car since the high-pressure fuel pump was in stock. They also have no loaner car available. Does anyone or @RamCares know if this is the case? There are a handful of days next week when I would need a vehicle for work.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Brought my truck in today to replace a tire with a nail in it and a broken sun visor (warranty work). The service advisor said they had a high-pressure fuel pump in stock for the recall and asked if I wanted to take care of it now. I said yes, and now they are stating it may be 10 days until they can get all the work done for the pump recall, the tire was already in stock.

The service manager told me Mopar wouldn't cover a rental car since the high-pressure fuel pump was in stock. They also have no loaner car available. Does anyone or @RamCares know if this is the case? There are a handful of days next week when I would need a vehicle for work.
You get 1 day of rental coverage for the recall. I don't think that part/fix has been released yet.

Vivrosh

Reaction score
now they say its high-pressure fuel pump ordering part today it been at the dealer since 24th august

EpicMando27

Reaction score
You get 1 day of rental coverage for the recall. I don't think that part/fix has been released yet.
I've seen on a different form that apparently the replacement part just became available in the last few weeks.

d3sarius

Reaction score
I wanted to follow up on my P026C code. Since my last post, I've had the light go on and off several times. I have learned that the light is triggered after 50 miles of the code pending. I've been able to make the light disappear by locking the truck out of 8th gear (I have 3.21 gear ratio) for 50 miles (I limit to 6th or 7th). The increased RPM driving makes the light turn off after 50 miles and 2 truck restarts (might be just 1, not certain). I've also added HotShot Extreme a few times, which seems to help. The light will stay off for a while (sometimes 1,500 miles; others 10,000 miles). I find I can tell the light will return when the MPG starts to drop by 2-4 mpg on the dash. I'll just lock it in 7th on the highway for a bit, and it clears for several thousands more miles. I do alot of highway driving, so I think my case is related to "low" rpm highway driving on flat land all the time.

Just my latest thoughts. I don't think my case is related to the HPFP, to be honest. I've noticed several members on this board and other boards that all had P026c enable right after 40,000 miles (my first was at 43,000). I'm coming up on 60,000 miles currently. I add Hot Shot EDT at every tank. Fuel filters changed every 20,000 and I haven't had any fuel quality issues.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes, I question that also only because I was sent a letter and Ram was going to contact me, us when the new part was available.
Hello,

We are anticipating for the release on the high pressure fuel pump to be out closer to the end of this month, this is subject to change. More info will be provided once we get more insight on this. Thank you

William
Ram Cares

62StackMonster

Reaction score
So, On 11 Sep my 21' Limited w/38,780 miles (my first diesel) stalled and was towed to dealership. The code from my odII reader was P0087 (fuel rail/system pressure too low). It took a week plus for the dealer to tell me the HPFP failed and the fuel system needs to be replaced. I did receive a recall notice last year for the HPFP with parts unavailable and I contacted the dealership multiple times inquiring if parts were available. I do have an extended warranty with Mopar (MAXIMUM CARE), which gives 5 days of rental totaling $225.00. Luckily my wife out of town so I had her car for that first week and rented a car for two days. The Service Mgr was real ***, no compassion for someone who spent $65,000+, a vehicle that has a safety recall for almost a year with no fix, now I have to try to find or pay out of pocket for an additional vehicle till my truck is repaired and make a $670 loan payment. Finally the dealership gave me a brand new Laramie with 700 miles after 11 days, probably because I put in a complaint to Ram Care around the 3rd day the truck was at dealership. As of today, starting week three, my case with Ram Care is still open and was told by my case manager there's no fix. When I went to the lot were my truck is awaiting maintenance to get a couple things from my truck the technician said that he doesn't have a part number to order a new HPFP, so who knows when I'll ever see my truck again. It doesn't qualify for Florida Lemon Law or National Center for Dispute Settlement, LLC.. I also submitted a complaint to NHTSA to why it is taking Stellantis/Ram so long to find a solution. Maybe getting a Lawyer is next, which sucks because I really love my truck.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So, On 11 Sep my 21' Limited w/38,780 miles (my first diesel) stalled and was towed to dealership. The code from my odII reader was P0087 (fuel rail/system pressure too low). It took a week plus for the dealer to tell me the HPFP failed and the fuel system needs to be replaced. I did receive a recall notice last year for the HPFP with parts unavailable and I contacted the dealership multiple times inquiring if parts were available. I do have an extended warranty with Mopar (MAXIMUM CARE), which gives 5 days of rental totaling $225.00. Luckily my wife out of town so I had her car for that first week and rented a car for two days. The Service Mgr was real ***, no compassion for someone who spent $65,000+, a vehicle that has a safety recall for almost a year with no fix, now I have to try to find or pay out of pocket for an additional vehicle till my truck is repaired and make a $670 loan payment. Finally the dealership gave me a brand new Laramie with 700 miles after 11 days, probably because I put in a complaint to Ram Care around the 3rd day the truck was at dealership. As of today, starting week three, my case with Ram Care is still open and was told by my case manager there's no fix. When I went to the lot were my truck is awaiting maintenance to get a couple things from my truck the technician said that he doesn't have a part number to order a new HPFP, so who knows when I'll ever see my truck again. It doesn't qualify for Florida Lemon Law or National Center for Dispute Settlement, LLC.. I also submitted a complaint to NHTSA to why it is taking Stellantis/Ram so long to find a solution. Maybe getting a Lawyer is next, which sucks because I really love my truck.

If you are seriously contemplating legal action (refund or a new truck?), then, yes, you'd be best served by contacting a lawyer.

At a minimum, a loaner truck and covering payments should be expected.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score

68631088AA is the part number for the pump, There are 190 in PDC's available. They would need injectors, lines and so on. I am shocked they haven't started a star case to get parts and service info. I have done 2 pump replacements w/ that number in the last 3 months.

62StackMonster

Reaction score
68631088AA is the part number for the pump, There are 190 in PDC's available. They would need injectors, lines and so on. I am shocked they haven't started a star case to get parts and service info. I have done 2 pump replacements w/ that number in the last 3 months.
Friday afternoon (22 Sep) is when I went to get stuff from my truck, that's when he told me. also when I picked up my loaner vehicle the service rep said there's no parts available. It's been very difficult to get any information from this dealership.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Friday afternoon (22 Sep) is when I went to get stuff from my truck, that's when he told me. also when I picked up my loaner vehicle the service rep said there's no parts available. It's been very difficult to get any information from this dealership.
There isn't any recall parts, but plenty of repair parts available. Some dealers.....

70runner

Reaction score
Dug up a couple FCA HPFP recall notifications on a jeep forum, attached, perhaps old news.?. Couple of relevant excerpts...

Excerpt1.JPG

Except2.JPG

Attachments

• RCLRPT-23V263-9479.PDF
    211.6 KB · Views: 11
  • RCMN-23V263-8417.pdf
    112.5 KB · Views: 8

62StackMonster

Reaction score
There isn't any recall parts, but plenty of repair parts available. Some dealers.....
Talk to parts dept. yesterday about CSSMZ461AA and PN 68633188AA (1 in Stock) was told this was for the Z46 Recall and couldn't use on my truck, plus there was a Jeep and truck in front of mine.

Users who are viewing this thread