5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel GT Exhaust question

speedbyu

[hacked account]
Reaction score
I've tried to order the GT exhaust parts listed in this thread and being told the part is discontinued. Anyone know how to get around this? Seems like others are ordering the parts...
I would guess that the dealership has to prove the need for the part to order it. If it was to replace a wrong part etc.
My dealership said that nothing was available and we figured it was because of the allotment for production.
I would love to have it too but figure it's going to be a while before it's available or find someone that's not happy with the sound of the GT and wants to sell. In the mean time I went a different route with the Proven Ground C&L from American Truck, but I didn't want to loud just a nice rumble. This is quiet at highway speeds and sounds good when you step on it.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
True, or it could even be another tactic to curtail the shortage of parts by prioritizing the factory stuff over singular aftermarket part orders. We've seen that in the construction industry... E.G. For a while there, a constant current regulator in an airport lighting vault couldn't have a control device ordered for retro-fit to the front panel, yet we could buy entirely new regulators of the same type which already had the new controls installed. 🤓 nah mean? 🤣

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
True, or it could even be another tactic to curtail the shortage of parts by prioritizing the factory stuff over singular aftermarket part orders. We've seen that in the construction industry... E.G. For a while there, a constant current regulator in an airport lighting vault couldn't have a control device ordered for retro-fit to the front panel, yet we could buy entirely new regulators of the same type which already had the new controls installed. 🤓 nah mean? 🤣
💰💰💰

dc51786

Reaction score
thanks @speedbyu for the note around proven ground...

does anyone here have experience with the mopar cat-back you CAN order through the dealer (part number 77072520AA)? curious how that compares in sound to the GT setup...

jgmac98

Reaction score
So good news/bad news type of day. Dealership got the exhaust in (the Vehicle Off Road code apparently works). However the shipper apparently damaged it to the point the parts manager "would not put it on his truck". So they'll have to re-order. For a part that is "discontinued" it only took 2 weeks to be delivered. Here's hoping the second one gets here just as fast but in better condition.

Montag84

Reaction score
I just took delivery for a Laramie GT and checked my exhaust, the muffler is correct -364AA and C-9396. Driver side (left) resonator has C-9408-L stamp.

However, passenger side resonator also has C-9408-L (not -R) stamp. Is this worth bringing up with the dealership? Shouldn't make a difference for sound right?

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Nah it seems like as long as they are both GT resonators it is fine. Only time I’ve heard it sounds different is when one of them is stock. [mention]Dookie [/mention] proved that for us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M02v8r

Reaction score
I just took delivery for a Laramie GT and checked my exhaust, the muffler is correct -364AA and C-9396. Driver side (left) resonator has C-9408-L stamp.

However, passenger side resonator also has C-9408-L (not -R) stamp. Is this worth bringing up with the dealership? Shouldn't make a difference for sound righ

However, passenger side resonator also has C-9408-L (not -R) stamp. Is this worth bringing up with the dealership? Shouldn't make a difference for sound right?
I have a Rebel GT and both of my resonators are also 9408-L as well so you're not the only one.

t_henrickson

Reaction score
Haven't checked back here in awhile but the dealer is finally ordered my exhaust parts early this week. Took more fighting and getting Ram involved but it's finally happening. I was told it would arrive end of February but I'll believe that when I see it.

jgmac98

Reaction score
after all the back and forth and having the first system damaged in delivery, the dealership got the second one in and installed yesterday. Sounds great, not just need to stop flooring it to hear it all the time lol.

if anyone else has this problem, the dealership was able to get the part ordered even though it says it's discountinued/backordered. By using the Vehicle Off Road code, it also was delivered much faster than expected. only ~2 weeks for each system.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
after all the back and forth and having the first system damaged in delivery, the dealership got the second one in and installed yesterday. Sounds great, not just need to stop flooring it to hear it all the time lol.

if anyone else has this problem, the dealership was able to get the part ordered even though it says it's discountinued/backordered. By using the Vehicle Off Road code, it also was delivered much faster than expected. only ~2 weeks for each system.
1645819507468.png

t_henrickson

Reaction score

That's good news! I'm hoping to have the same issue with wanting to floor it all the time soon!

My muffler was delivered to the dealer on 2/22 and my resonator is supposed to show up on 3/4. I'm trying to push the dealer into letting me install the muffler now since it's here and the make another appointment for the resonator but I haven't heard back yet. I'm guessing they will have me wait until both parts are ready but it's worth a shot. Either way I'm just happy it's almost time to get this fixed.

martyparty

Reaction score
Received my pipes today and put them on tonight. I agree they really nailed it with the sound and also keeping it peaceful. Pretty impressed. Happy they came early and undamaged.
Do you have a 2021? Did it fit no problem? I noticed on Mopar's website it says it's only for a 2022. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread