5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear window surround crack.

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hopefully not, as I don't believe every truck has the issue ..... I have a 2021 with less then 500 miles and it has the leak issue which looks to be the 3rd Brake Light not the window and I know I do not have the current AD window because my truck was built in Sept. 2020 and Star states windows with 11/2020 are the most current.

I’ll keep my fingers crossed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yankeefan31569

Ram Guru
Reaction score
mines been at the dealer for a week, got a greand cherokee as a loaner, patiently waiting..

It was installed same day but they let it sit another 24 hrs to fully cure. They usually use an outside auto glass company to do it. So it all hinges on their schedule.

LHarv

Reaction score
Did FCA pay for it all three times??
Mine is leaking again.

I'm assuming this is the first time it's been replaced with the latest version of the window? Only came out in the fall

LHarv

Reaction score
Yes new part is AD - from what I been told It will be available in April - Dealers can order the AD now and it will ship from Mopar when it becomes available.....
Not sure if this is accurate... I have a friend at a dealer and the latest version anywhere he can see ends in AC. Can you provide a document?

georgesrt2020

Reaction score
Not sure if this is accurate... I have a friend at a dealer and the latest version anywhere he can see ends in AC. Can you provide a document?
This is accurate as of 11/2020 - this is the same STAR Case Number: S2023000005 with a Release Date: 01/30/2021 that RAM CARES posted about few pages back

Attachments

• 5thGen.pdf
    251.3 KB · Views: 75

RAM/Cuda

Reaction score
Your new replacement window is 68426398AC - The new window part will be 68426398AD the difference is the AC to AD, & AD being the most current rear window.

Did you try taping off your 3rd brake light and run some water on the back window for 20-30 minutes ? to see if it leaks ?

Ram is having problems with the 3rd brake lights leaking also I would just double check as you did just get a new window installed

You stated above that your truck has been to the dealer since NOV ?
No.....December of 2019,the dealer first replaced the third brake light Assembly, then,,,a week later,I tested the window only, since I had a Visible Crack.
I gently applied water to the window area only,down and to the left of the Light Assembly.
Water was entering through the Crack.
The Dealer replaced the Window assembly in January of 2020,so...I am not sure what Part Number I got.
I need to have a Look at my Ticket.

RAM/Cuda

Reaction score
Your new replacement window is 68426398AC - The new window part will be 68426398AD the difference is the AC to AD, & AD being the most current rear window.

Did you try taping off your 3rd brake light and run some water on the back window for 20-30 minutes ? to see if it leaks ?

Ram is having problems with the 3rd brake lights leaking also I would just double check as you did just get a new window installed

You stated above that your truck has been to the dealer since NOV ?
BTW... the first time, Mine did not take more than two seconds of water gently flowing at the window seam below and to the left of the Light assembly.
Right now...it is too cold out to do any testing ,but I will again hopefully later this week.

Cwenzel1991

Reaction score
Well, my truck goes back for the 3rd time on Tuesday for leaks to the headliner. Dealer replaced the window. Then did a trash job using some Sealant (on the outside) looks terrible. Looked at the headliner again over the weekend after a month since it was at the dealer... leaked again... I will never buy another ram after all this, especially seeing as how this is so widely known in so many different cases. Love my truck but most definitely not worth the headaches .... can anyone say lemon.....

RAM/Cuda

Reaction score
Well, my truck goes back for the 3rd time on Tuesday for leaks to the headliner. Dealer replaced the window. Then did a trash job using some Sealant (on the outside) looks terrible. Looked at the headliner again over the weekend after a month since it was at the dealer... leaked again... I will never buy another ram after all this, especially seeing as how this is so widely known in so many different cases. Love my truck but most definitely not worth the headaches .... can anyone say lemon.....
I Have a Friend from a RAM Group on FB that works in the Service Department at one of our better Local Dealers Near San Antonio.
He will be Checking on the STAR Bulletin Part Number On Tuesday.
Right now, The Parts Catalog is only showing the "AC" suffixed Part Number for my Truck. (Born May 2019)
The AD Part Number is Listed, But the Effectivity for that 2021 window has yet to be updated to my Year Model.

LHarv

Reaction score
This is accurate as of 11/2020 - this is the same STAR Case Number: S2023000005 with a Release Date: 01/30/2021 that RAM CARES posted about few pages back

Interesting. Because my window was done last month around the 10th of January and the package was dated after the date specified on the star report but ended in AC. So I don't know what is right.

KSOTI

Reaction score

RAM needs to get thier dealerships on the same page and up to speed. To many stories of people getting the run around.

@RAM Cares

RAM/Cuda

Reaction score

RAM/Cuda

Reaction score
Hello everyone, we are deeply sorry for the inconveniences and frustration this concern may cause you. We would like you to know that our team is available to you for support during these situations. For an added layer of assistance to your dealer service, please send our team a private message. We would be more than willing to escalate case on your behalf in order to ensure that your questions and concerns are fully addressed.

Kathryn
Ram Cares
I Noticed that the New Part Number is ,at this Moment, Specific to the 2021 Models only per the catalog, even if it is supposed to replace the AC suffix.
Is RAM Cares going to alert the Dealers to this as Being an authorized Replacement??
I am Asking, Because we all need to Know.
Eric

KSOTI

Reaction score
I Noticed that the New Part Number is ,at this Moment, Specific to the 2021 Models only per the catalog, even if it is supposed to replace the AC suffix.
Is RAM Cares going to alert the Dealers to this as Being an authorized Replacement??
I am Asking, Because we all need to Know.
Eric
You have a point. But it blows my mind that even the earlier PNs (AA for example) are still being sold to unsuspecting customers. So much for purging thier stock.

@RAM Cares

vietatran05

Reaction score
I feel your pain. This might be my first and last Ram.

Users who are viewing this thread