5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear wheel house liners

jabara572

Reaction score
FYI I just bought the liners and 4x screws for $99 shipped at Chrysler Jeep Dodge City of McKinney online.

Zeeya

Reaction score
Just installed rear wheel liners today. I definitely can see what they meant by some areas are paper thin, but I like the looks.

daswansinator

Reaction score
Since the video install didn’t have the rear pin/locator on the mini mud flaps I wasn’t sure how to go about removing these. (Okay, I forgot about it and broke it off on the first one!) On the second one, working from behind and under the truck, I tapped off the front half with a hammer. I then used pliers to squeeze the tabs on the white push tab and push it down and out.

Just did the conversion to full wheel house liners this weekend, and I very much appreciated the input about removing the white clips from the fender as easier than removing the trim from the white clips. An extra trick I tried and it worked quite well was to use the same 8mm socket from the screws and push it down on the pointed part of the white clips. It was just the right size to flex the tabs inward on the white clips and the rear plastic trim basically fell off the fender. Was fast and seemed much safer to avoid breaking the trim.

TimW451

Reaction score
.. An extra trick I tried and it worked quite well was to use the same 8mm socket from the screws and push it down on the pointed part of the white clips. It was just the right size to flex the tabs inward on the white clips and the rear plastic trim basically fell off the fender....
That is a great idea for pushing in those tabs without breaking them!

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On my Laramie if you pull down on the spat it would break the white tabs/ push pins, you have to pull outward towards you because the spat has groves the pins slide into. I never removed the pins from the truck. Unless I’m misunderstanding what white clips you’re referring to?

RJS

Reaction score
On my Laramie if you pull down on the spat it would break the white tabs/ push pins, you have to pull outward towards you because the spat has groves the pins slide into. I never removed the pins from the truck. Unless I’m misunderstanding what white clips you’re referring to?
It's easier to break the clips by pulling sideways on the spat than squeezing the Barb's on the white tabs and pulling down. One reason is you need to twist the spat before it's removed to let the plastic locating pin next to the rear push pin to clear it's hole. That is why squeezing the Barb's with needlenose pliers or a small socket to close the Barb's let's the pin just drop out.
Even the original video producer had issues by pulling sideways on the spat.

jabara572

Reaction score
It's easier to break the clips by pulling sideways on the spat than squeezing the Barb's on the white tabs and pulling down. One reason is you need to twist the spat before it's removed to let the plastic locating pin next to the rear push pin to clear it's hole. That is why squeezing the Barb's with needlenose pliers or a small socket to close the Barb's let's the pin just drop out.
Even the original video producer had issues by pulling sideways on the spat.

Absolutely, i broke the locating tab on one side before i got smart and figured i would just slide the entire white pins out from the inside, its actually easier and faster. Came here to see people already figured that out, DOH. Now i gotta get a new $7 wheel spat for that side, its holding ok but missing the locater tab.

AFTERMATH1500

Reaction score
What coupon are you guys using. I tried using the accessories 15 % off but the dealership said it’s not considered an accessory.

jabara572

Reaction score
$99 shipped at Chrysler Jeep Dodge City of McKinney online. No coupon needed. Took them about 2 weeks but they were true to the price.

jcarcueva

Reaction score
HI, I wanted to add to this thread on the topic as I see the husky liners discussed. I installed the Husky "FRONT AND REAR MUD GUARD SET ITEM# 58146 for models without factory fender flares on a 2019 Bighorn with OEM 'wheel well liners.' Coming from 4 GMC sierra's I'm used to wheel wheel liners being standard and I think aftermarket parts reflect that. I could not locate any notes by Husky about fitment with included full liner, only fender flares. I ran into an issue with the outdented plastic interfering with the one piece liner. Looking at the area it impacted I can tell this would not be an issue if you had the two peice thicker plastic pieces. The issue caused the husky liner optional drill hole and tape to stand off about 1.5-2" due to the angle of attack. Sadly I did not get a pic of this.

I rectified this by marking and cutting the Husky mud guard. Given this is a lease I didn't want to cut the wheel well liner. The picture of of the inner wheel well you can see where the chunk I took out allows the mud guard to align with the liner. Once this was done the mud guard met the liner perfectly. However the spot where the 3m tape is applied lines up with a 'carved out depression' as I'll call it. I had to apply 3M strip outward on the mud guard.

The fronts generally fit great aside from the curve not meeting up with the liner where the tape is. I used a spring clamp to apply pressure for 30 minutes and within 10 seconds it popped off as the force was too great for the 3m tape to overcome.

I'm searching for a husky mud guard specific thread to also share this.

Perhaps I've done something different from those who said they mounted and had zero issues or they simply ran a screw in to pull it together?

This is my first Ram and first Chrysler. You have a great forum, lots of info and helpful community.

Thank you for this info. I recently purchased a set of mud flaps that are similar to the Huskies. (Enthuze Brand)

I've got the Canadian Sport with no fenders.

I did a test fit on the rears and came up with the same issues with the wheel liner interfering with the mud flap. Looks like I have to do some trimming? Other people have mentioned that their mud flap install was fine.

I'd like to see photos of those installs.

jcarcueva

Reaction score
I installed the wheel house liners with husky mud flaps and had 0 problems. Looks great and good quality.

Do you have pictures? I recently bought mud flaps similar to the Huskys and it looks like the wheel liners will interfere with the rear flaps lining up. I would be interested to know how you installed yours.

Amazing93

Reaction score
Do you have pictures? I recently bought mud flaps similar to the Huskys and it looks like the wheel liners will interfere with the rear flaps lining up. I would be interested to know how you installed yours.
I will take pictures in the morning for you.

SNAFU88

Reaction score
Installed the liners two days ago but broke the white clips that hold the right side spat in place. The part number for the spat itself is:

Rear Wheel Opening Spat, Right - Mopar (68307196AB)

My question is: if you order this part for $6, does it come with the white clips to secure it in place?

yankeefan31569

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i just ordered mine from local dealer $71 ea 20$ for 12 screws, there gonna install for me for around an hour labor, i could prob do them but don't want get fired up if i break a clip or something so shes going there for inspection and oil change and rotation so for $125 ill jus have them do it.

Kaag

Reaction score
Installed the liners two days ago but broke the white clips that hold the right side spat in place. The part number for the spat itself is:

Rear Wheel Opening Spat, Right - Mopar (68307196AB)

My question is: if you order this part for $6, does it come with the white clips to secure it in place?
It sounds like yes, you do get the white clips if you buy this. It also appears this is the only way to get these clips - they don’t sell them separately. Mopar part # 68307197AB is left side also.

Last edited:

aimlowrobin

Reaction score
I added liners as part of my purchase agreement. My dealer had my truck for 2 days and determined "the tech couldn't make the liners work, and there are none available that work with your truck because of the Ramboxes." Thanks to this thread, I ordered liners for my truck and installed them myself (and saved about $100). Stopped by the dealer today to show them and let them know how F'n stupid they are, get my refund, inform them I would not let them touch my truck for anything if they can't even figure out the liners. Anyways...thanks to all that contributed to this topic. FYI, I picked up a couple extra trim screws at Lowes for next to nothing. #10 auto trim screws. A bit shorter and phillips head, but worked just fine. Also FYI, I did break one white clip, so just put in a short bolt with lock nut in place of the clip. Will simply need to loosen slightly if the need ever comes up to remove that piece of trim again.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I added liners as part of my purchase agreement. My dealer had my truck for 2 days and determined "the tech couldn't make the liners work, and there are none available that work with your truck because of the Ramboxes." Thanks to this thread, I ordered liners for my truck and installed them myself (and saved about $100). Stopped by the dealer today to show them and let them know how F'n stupid they are, get my refund, inform them I would not let them touch my truck for anything if they can't even figure out the liners. Anyways...thanks to all that contributed to this topic. FYI, I picked up a couple extra trim screws at Lowes for next to nothing. #10 auto trim screws. A bit shorter and phillips head, but worked just fine. Also FYI, I did break one white clip, so just put in a short bolt with lock nut in place of the clip. Will simply need to loosen slightly if the need ever comes up to remove that piece of trim again.
Lazy dealer as you've found out. Glad you din't take their word and did it yourself.

antwon412

Reaction score
$99 shipped at Chrysler Jeep Dodge City of McKinney online. No coupon needed. Took them about 2 weeks but they were true to the price.
I’m sure this has been asked and listed 1000 times in this thread, but could you give me the breakdown of the exact parts I need to order? For 100 bucks shipped I will be ordering a set tonight. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread