5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear wheel house liners

Dtbrew

Reaction score
The dealership in my area were asking $98 per liner so I checked several websites and it was between $100 to $200 shipping so, I checked Moparpartsgiant.com and they only charged me $45 per liner and about $17 shipping so, it depends on the location.

Moparpartsgiant (and most other sites) is charging $200 to $300 for shipping to every where now. They must have been burnt by the $17 shipping early on. I gave up with online and ordered from my local dealer.

RJS

Reaction score
Moparpartsgiant (and most other sites) is charging $200 to $300 for shipping to every where now. They must have been burnt by the $17 shipping early on. I gave up with online and ordered from my local dealer.
I got mine from the dealer here in Michigan 8/20/19. Using the 15% off coupon, they were $118 for the pair including 6% sales tax. The dealer threw in the screws, of course, I'd just dropped a fair bit of coin on a new Laramie that day.

Amazing93

Reaction score
Did anyone install these along with husky mud flaps? I saw in another thread where someone had an issue doing that so wanted to see if anyone else had an issue
I installed the wheel house liners with husky mud flaps and had 0 problems. Looks great and good quality.

Amazing93

Reaction score
Did you reuse the factory front liner piece and separate the back?
I did and it worked great2 very sturdy. I imagine you dont have to but it adds an extra layer of protection. With little effort

deanfx

Reaction score
I did and it worked great2 very sturdy. I imagine you dont have to but it adds an extra layer of protection. With little effort
So you had enough metal clips after reusing the front pieces?

Amazing93

Reaction score
You will need to buy 2 more screws. They were 2 bucks at the dealer.

Amazing93

Reaction score
I was at a fair and Ram had a big display there. I told the Ram rep I couldnt believe that a 59k truck didnt have wheel liners. He was surprised as well. He thought it was ridiculous too. Asked me if I installed Mopar or aftermarket. I told him Mopar. Hopefully he relays it back to FCA that its ridiculous.

TimW451

Reaction score
Not to open up the debate on it again, but since I'm going to add these wheel liners I was curious as to what a factory install job looks like so I looked at the truck at my local dealer and they definitely have the smaller "back plate" on the rear side of the wheel liner and nothing more on the front side. So as painful as it may be, separating those two pieces from the back and reinstalling the one is the right thing to do.

Shominot

Reaction score
Not to open up the debate on it again, but since I'm going to add these wheel liners I was curious as to what a factory install job looks like so I looked at the truck at my local dealer and they definitely have the smaller "back plate" on the rear side of the wheel liner and nothing more on the front side. So as painful as it may be, separating those two pieces from the back and reinstalling the one is the right thing to do.
I just installed over the weekend. Did separate the rear piece and left off the front. Was not painful at all to separate the rear piece. Simply drilled out the plastic rivot
I just installed these over the weekend. Just like the video I did separate the rear piece and left off the front. Was not painful at all to separate the rear pieces. Simply drilled out the plastic rivets...literally took 30 seconds per side. I could have put the front partial piece behind the new one because they are shaped the same but would of had to remove the clips on the full piece and trying to line up the screws through both pieces would have been a challenge. It was hard enough positioning the full piece in place to get the screws in.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Back piece is really easy to separate, just use a metal pry tool or crow bar. Slide down between the two pieces at the point of each rivet and pry apart the rivets pops right out. No drilling required.

deanfx

Reaction score
I just installed over the weekend. Did separate the rear piece and left off the front. Was not painful at all to separate the rear piece. Simply drilled out the plastic rivot

I just installed these over the weekend. Just like the video I did separate the rear piece and left off the front. Was not painful at all to separate the rear pieces. Simply drilled out the plastic rivets...literally took 30 seconds per side. I could have put the front partial piece behind the new one because they are shaped the same but would of had to remove the clips on the full piece and trying to line up the screws through both pieces would have been a challenge. It was hard enough positioning the full piece in place to get the screws in.
Awesome, Thanks for posting this because mine will be here tomorrow and I've read people doing different things.

Zeeya

Reaction score
Yes, part # 6510175-AA
I put in info for extra screws (6510175-AA and it keeps telling this part will not fit my 2019 ram. It gives me part #68237139AA left side. Could it be different since I am purchasing for a Rebel........ checked shipping to south Louisiana ====$204.90. I don’t think so. Jeeez Louise

WARamDom

Reaction score
I have a bighorn without fender flares. I needed more than 2 screws. I needed 8 and 2 retaining clips. (Should've used the ones off the front half and pressed it with a vise grip oh well). I ordered the liners from Allmoparparts.com had a free shipping code fs2020 got the liners and 2 screws shipped for $92.22 from NY to WA in 1 week.

Reaction score
HI, I wanted to add to this thread on the topic as I see the husky liners discussed. I installed the Husky "FRONT AND REAR MUD GUARD SET ITEM# 58146 for models without factory fender flares on a 2019 Bighorn with OEM 'wheel well liners.' Coming from 4 GMC sierra's I'm used to wheel wheel liners being standard and I think aftermarket parts reflect that. I could not locate any notes by Husky about fitment with included full liner, only fender flares. I ran into an issue with the outdented plastic interfering with the one piece liner. Looking at the area it impacted I can tell this would not be an issue if you had the two peice thicker plastic pieces. The issue caused the husky liner optional drill hole and tape to stand off about 1.5-2" due to the angle of attack. Sadly I did not get a pic of this.

I rectified this by marking and cutting the Husky mud guard. Given this is a lease I didn't want to cut the wheel well liner. The picture of of the inner wheel well you can see where the chunk I took out allows the mud guard to align with the liner. Once this was done the mud guard met the liner perfectly. However the spot where the 3m tape is applied lines up with a 'carved out depression' as I'll call it. I had to apply 3M strip outward on the mud guard.

The fronts generally fit great aside from the curve not meeting up with the liner where the tape is. I used a spring clamp to apply pressure for 30 minutes and within 10 seconds it popped off as the force was too great for the 3m tape to overcome.

I'm searching for a husky mud guard specific thread to also share this.

Perhaps I've done something different from those who said they mounted and had zero issues or they simply ran a screw in to pull it together?

This is my first Ram and first Chrysler. You have a great forum, lots of info and helpful community.

Attachments

• IMG_20190928_145805.jpg
    IMG_20190928_145805.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_20190928_145825.jpg
    IMG_20190928_145825.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_20190928_151658.jpg
    IMG_20190928_151658.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_20190928_113641.jpg
    IMG_20190928_113641.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 117

TimW451

Reaction score
I got to install my wheel liners yesterday and it went real well. One tip on removing the rear “mini mud flaps” and a comment on separating the two piece rear splats.

Since the video install didn’t have the rear pin/locator on the mini mud flaps I wasn’t sure how to go about removing these. (Okay, I forgot about it and broke it off on the first one!) On the second one, working from behind and under the truck, I tapped off the front half with a hammer. I then used pliers to squeeze the tabs on the white push tab and push it down and out.

To separate the two halves of the rear splats I put them on the grass, keeper side down, put my foot between the two and just pulled up on the throw away. The plastic welds ripped right off.

Raydar

Reaction score
I installed my liners a few weeks ago, while I had the wheels off to replace the springs.
I removed the original front pieces completely and "split" the rear pieces. Seemed like that was the only way the replacements would fit correctly.
I think I paid ~$150 for mine, shipped. Thought I bought them from Amazon, but I can't find the record. Maybe from Steve White Motors, since that's where my trailer brake controller came from.
If they were any more flimsy, we'd probably be able to see daylight through them.

Users who are viewing this thread