5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear wheel house liners

antwon412

Reaction score
I just happened to see these on Rough Country’s website. Has anyone tried these??
I’ll be the guinea pig! Just ordered a set. Been looking at getting some for a while but was too lazy to search multiple vendors and part numbers to try and score some under $100.

This was quick and easy. Used my Amazon account to pay. $96 shipped isn’t bad at all.

RookieDDZ

Reaction score
I’ll be the guinea pig! Just ordered a set. Been looking at getting some for a while but was too lazy to search multiple vendors and part numbers to try and score some under $100.

This was quick and easy. Used my Amazon account to pay. $96 shipped isn’t bad at all.
Hell Yeah. I would have if I didn't already install OEM. Keep us posted.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
What about new front liners, anyone know the part numbers for them? I want new ones to mold and trim while they are off the truck before I put them on.

GraniteRam

Reaction score
What about new front liners, anyone know the part numbers for them? I want new ones to mold and trim while they are off the truck before I put them on.
Do you know where your trimming at? I have a set I took off my truck cause they warped at the bottom due to the high humidity in my garage and my truck sitting for awhile. I would sell them to you cheap if they would work out for you. Only 7k on them.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Do you know where your trimming at? I have a set I took off my truck cause they warped at the bottom due to the high humidity in my garage and my truck sitting for awhile. I would sell them to you cheap if they would work out for you. Only 7k on them.
I would be molding and trimming the bottom portion behind the wheel nearest the cab. Can you pm me pics of them? And where are you located?

eFlick

Reaction score
I just happened to see these on Rough Country’s website. Has anyone tried these??
I just installed these last week. They were a pain to get in there but once they were in the looked nice. They were a lot heavier than I thought they would be, which is why they were a pain to get in. I installed the DS first and then realized that if I warmed it up it would be easier to bend into place so I heated the PS one up with a space heater before I put it in. It went a lot easier. They look nice and for $90 with free shipping it was a lot cheaper than MOPAR.

Dj0mladen

Reaction score
Just got Rough Country’s wheel liners for our truck delivered and I can tell you these are some serious wheel liners at least 1/8” thick and real plastic. Will put them on this weekend and post couple pics.

antwon412

Reaction score
I just installed these last week. They were a pain to get in there but once they were in the looked nice. They were a lot heavier than I thought they would be, which is why they were a pain to get in. I installed the DS first and then realized that if I warmed it up it would be easier to bend into place so I heated the PS one up with a space heater before I put it in. It went a lot easier. They look nice and for $90 with free shipping it was a lot cheaper than MOPAR.
Mine just arrived today. No instructions. And missing the pushpins that go in the top part of them so I have to deal with that.

I looked at the online instructions but didn’t really see the answer -
did you have to remove the little half liners that are in there currently? Or do these go over them?

And did you remove your tires to install them?
The instructions show them being installed with the tire still on.

Jines2121

Reaction score
Definitely recommend them. I installed them on my 2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn. They were simple to install and look great!

Jines2121

Reaction score
Mine just arrived today. No instructions. And missing the pushpins that go in the top part of them so I have to deal with that.

I looked at the online instructions but didn’t really see the answer -
did you have to remove the little half liners that are in there currently? Or do these go over them?

And did you remove your tires to install them?
The instructions show them being installed with the tire still on.
Look on youtube couple good videos on there really helped me out.

antwon412

Reaction score
Look on youtube couple good videos on there really helped me out.
Yeah I ended up figuring it out. Pretty simple. Took me about 20 minutes and was able to just manhandle them over the tires. Was a bit more difficult since I have larger tires but nothing that couldn’t be dealt with. Definitely looks a lot better

rourky80

Reaction score
Thanks for jumping back in about the Rough country liners, put my order in this morning thanks to your experiences. I'll add mine once received and installed. Cheers guys!

puba08

Reaction score
Ordering as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

yaksushi

Reaction score
Yeah I ended up figuring it out. Pretty simple. Took me about 20 minutes and was able to just manhandle them over the tires. Was a bit more difficult since I have larger tires but nothing that couldn’t be dealt with. Definitely looks a lot better
So do they go over the small half liners already installed or do you remove them?

antwon412

Reaction score
So do they go over the small half liners already installed or do you remove them?
I went over them.
Basiclly you sandwich the new liner in between the the old one and the metal of the wheel well.

richt314

Reaction score
Heads-up: I ordered the Rough Country liners, and they don't fit my truck, because it has a Ram Box... The wheel wells don't go quite as high.

I'm 80% sure this wasn't listed in the fitment notes on Rough Country's website when I bought, and it definitely wasn't listed on the Amazon listing I bought from (which shipped from Rough Country). It is on the website now.

Oddly enough, they have an incorrect Q&A answer which states that they will fit with a Ram Box. Trying to return now

Last edited:

puba08

Reaction score
Got mine this morning
7e65c94fe119c663e4689d329543a7fd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread