5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear wheel house liners

flynfish

Reaction score
Did anyone install these along with husky mud flaps? I saw in another thread where someone had an issue doing that so wanted to see if anyone else had an issue

flynfish

Reaction score
Also, has anyone found a place that doesn't charge $100 for shipping?!?!?

retho78

Reaction score
Did anyone install these along with husky mud flaps? I saw in another thread where someone had an issue doing that so wanted to see if anyone else had an issue
I have the Tecoom brand splash guards (with fender flares) and they are similar to Husky brand and no issues at all.

tskwara

Reaction score
I ordered from the dealer at around $55 each, and no shipping. Used a 15% Mopar coupon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

taz2016

Reaction score
I installed the liners and Husky flaps together and had no problems. The self stick tape on the inner part of the Husky flaps didn't work so I added extra screws instead. I initially tried installing the liners over the OEM partial front and rear liners after reading that someone else on one of the forums did it and said it worked. It was obvious that the front partial liner was interfering with the fit so I removed them. I had no problem using the full rear partial liner. No need to split them apart as some others have done.

flynfish

Reaction score
Just installed liners and husky mud flaps, I followed instructions in the video.

Can’t believe a thin plastic piece costs $60 but I guess that’s how the make more money off us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just installed liners and husky mud flaps, I followed instructions in the video.

Can’t believe a thin plastic piece costs $60 but I guess that’s how the make more money off us

I wonder how the one piece wheel well liners cost more than the two piece ones that came on our trucks?

Two different pieces require two different injection mold presses, different tooling, etc.

Seems to me like it would cost more to make two pieces versus one.

DraKhen99

Reaction score
Unless the bigger piece requires a huge mold, whereas 2 smaller molds are cheaper?

Lots of people forget that behind every $5 piece of plastic is a support system of people and tools that take the product from inception to production, and then support.

For the first X number of units sold, that R&D/Production/Support cost is amortized. After all that, then there's profit.

-John

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Plastic injection molding is no joke. The presses are very expensive to buy, very expensive to run and require a lot of maintenance.

R

Rob5589

Also, has anyone found a place that doesn't charge $100 for shipping?!?!?
Try moparpartsgiant.com. I got mine from there and they had the lowest shipping rates to my location.
100 is a bargain. They wanted 283.14 to ship to California :unsure:

Going to call the dealer and see what they can do.

ETA: Local dealer is 65 per side. So a heck of a deal over ordering and shipping online.

retho78

Reaction score
100 is a bargain. They wanted 283.14 to ship to California :unsure:

Going to call the dealer and see what they can do.

ETA: Local dealer is 65 per side. So a heck of a deal over ordering and shipping online.
The dealership in my area were asking $98 per liner so I checked several websites and it was between $100 to $200 shipping so, I checked Moparpartsgiant.com and they only charged me $45 per liner and about $17 shipping so, it depends on the location.

Fidomac

Reaction score
The dealership in my area were asking $98 per liner so I checked several websites and it was between $100 to $200 shipping so, I checked Moparpartsgiant.com and they only charged me $45 per liner and about $17 shipping so, it depends on the location.
I sometimes think they stick it to you in California ..... Everything is more expensive

flynfish

Reaction score
Got mine for $60 a piece from a local dealer

RoadKing_Ram

Reaction score
Just bought mine yesterday from the dealer. $60 a piece and used the Mopar 15% off coupon so wasn't to bad at all. don't forget the two extra screws you need as I did!

v_eight

Reaction score
Before

After

Just finished installing these on my Bighorn. Should have come from the factory this way!

Paid $52.48 each through the local dealer, and $1 each for the screws. They ordered them and had them overnight!

Last edited:

RJS

Reaction score
Put my rear wheel liners on today along with the Mopar splash shields using the aforementioned video for reference. It worked well but let me make a couple of suggestions that helped me.

First, instead of pulling off the small shield behind the rear wheel, just remove the screw and get underneath with a pair of needle nose pliers and squeeze the tangs on the white clip while pulling down slightly. They will pop right out and it's easier to reinstall them as they just snap in by pushing up on the shield. Even if you pop the shield off the clips, remove them and put them back on the shield prior to installing them.

Secondly, I found it's easier to remove the unneeded clips if you make a circle of bailing wire, hook it over the clip and use a small piece of wood and hammer to remove them

Like this

And, of course a gratuitous shot of the finished job

mbi777

Reaction score
Just ordered everything from DeLand Cdjr. Ordered some extra screws just in case. We will see if the shipping holds up to be true.

UPdate: ended up they wanted to charge an extra $61.00 because of the size. So, will be picking them up with NO FREIGHT ON Friday.

Attachments

• 75FA5875-C35F-423F-B548-03E2D890F30C.png
    75FA5875-C35F-423F-B548-03E2D890F30C.png
    223.8 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread