5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear wheel house liners

diamondmi

Reaction score
I just ordered 2 weeks ago the 2020 Laramie Longhorn and there wasn’t an option for wheel well liners. Dealer said they would be on the truck. Should I trust that it will arrive with liners installed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Waiting for my newly ordered 2020 Laramie Longhorn, Delmonico Red, chrome bumpers, 20” wheels, 5.7 V8 Hemi MDS VVT eTorque, 3.92 rear, all options except diesel, multifunction tailgate, protection group and trailer tow group. Interior Black/New Saddle. Looking forward to delivery. So far I’ve been given a VIN #.

Gozar

Reaction score
So I pulled up my Build Sheet using my VIN and it lists "MOPAR Rear Wheel Well Liners" and "front Wheel Well Liners" but I sure don't see anything besides the spats....worth going to dealer to complain?

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you complain before you take delivery they'll probably throw them in if it doesnt already have them.

Repsol69

Reaction score
So I pulled up my Build Sheet using my VIN and it lists "MOPAR Rear Wheel Well Liners" and "front Wheel Well Liners" but I sure don't see anything besides the spats....worth going to dealer to complain?
What site did you use to pull up your build sheet??? I need to check mine..

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score

The "MOPAR Rear Wheel Well Liners" are the half liners, you should see a piece in the front and rear of the wheel well? I forget what they call the full liners that covers the entire wheel well.

Gozar

Reaction score
The "MOPAR Rear Wheel Well Liners" are the half liners, you should see a piece in the front and rear of the wheel well? I forget what they call the full liners that covers the entire wheel well.
Ok, that makes sense, I do see a black plastic liners that only covers about the bottom half, I was hoping for the full wheel well.
Are the full liners called the "Splash Guard" ones? I will put those in someday soon, better protection and it looks better as well.

cwford

Reaction score
Just installed mine this past weekend. I followed the orig vid and split the rear pieces by drilling out the plastic studs. After having a hard time replacing the lower rear trim piece I figured out that you can just drill out the plastic studs while still mounted to the truck. So for the second one I just drilled out the plastic studs from the backside and then the outer layer just pops off. I only needed 2 extra screws just like in the orig video.

Lslblues

Reaction score
I wonder if we all had different kinds of wheel well liners to begin with. Just did mine. I had a quarter piece of wheel well liner in the from and the rear. I took both off, separated the rear piece just as cwford described, and then put the full wheel well in. I needed 4 screws on each side - 3 for the top 3 screws in the wheel well where there were just holes and then 1 for an inward hole where I also had to steal a clip from my front wheel well piece. When I ended up, I had these 4 pieces I had taken out and replaced with the full liner. The two triangular pieces were from the rear that I separated from the other piece. The larger pieces were the front 1/4 wheel liners. Came out perfect. My build sheet says I have Front Wheel Liners and "Rear wheel spats".

Attachments

• IMG_2597.jpeg
    IMG_2597.jpeg
    126.5 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_2596.jpeg
    IMG_2596.jpeg
    144.2 KB · Views: 154

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wonder if we all had different kinds of wheel well liners to begin with. Just did mine. I had a quarter piece of wheel well liner in the from and the rear. I took both off, separated the rear piece just as cwford described, and then put the full wheel well in. I needed 4 screws on each side - 3 for the top 3 screws in the wheel well where there were just holes and then 1 for an inward hole where I also had to steal a clip from my front wheel well piece. When I ended up, I had these 4 pieces I had taken out and replaced with the full liner. The two triangular pieces were from the rear that I separated from the other piece. The larger pieces were the front 1/4 wheel liners. Came out perfect. My build sheet says I have Front Wheel Liners and "Rear wheel spats".
If you have a Bighorn you need four extra screws per side because they don't have factory fender flares. Laramies already have the three screws along the wheel arche because that's how the flares mount.

diamondmi

Reaction score

Must be too soon for me. Saying no records found corresponding to the VIN provided. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Waiting for my newly ordered 2020 Laramie Longhorn, Delmonico Red, chrome bumpers, 20” wheels, 5.7 V8 Hemi MDS VVT eTorque, 3.92 rear, all options except diesel, multifunction tailgate, protection group and trailer tow group. Interior Black/New Saddle. Looking forward to delivery. So far I’ve been given a VIN #.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok, that makes sense, I do see a black plastic liners that only covers about the bottom half, I was hoping for the full wheel well.
Are the full liners called the "Splash Guard" ones? I will put those in someday soon, better protection and it looks better as well.

The full liners as called "Shield-Wheelhouse" if you buy them after factory, not sure what they are called on the build sheet from the factory. If you go to post #26 on this thread it has the parts #'s you need and post #31 has an installation video. I also included them here for you.

MOPAR 68275910AB
MOPAR 68275911AB
MOPAR 6510175AA Screw

cwford

Reaction score
Ahh I have a rebel which has factory flares so I guess that explains the difference in screws. I have the same pieces leftover as LslBlues.

post install pic - geez my truck is dirty....
IMG_6029.JPG

Repsol69

Reaction score
If you have a Bighorn you need four extra screws per side because they don't have factory fender flares. Laramies already have the three screws along the wheel arche because that's how the flares mount.
This is correct..i needed 4 on each side total of 8 screws for the install on the Bighorn no fender flares..

cotonymopar

Reaction score
I have them on mine, and it was marked to have them, my guess, someone said they wanted them, and they pulled them off one on the lot.

Lslblues

Reaction score

Makes perfect sense. Thanks

2Fast-4U

Reaction score
I also put them in right after I took delivery. That was my very first mod. For the love of God, I am not sure why a $. 32 cost part is NOT a standard option on ALL trucks! Is it the $. 36 additional cost for screws that put it over the top??!! You would think that the $60k I spent on the truck, along with the extra protection is gives us guys in the snow belt, not to mention the ugly open frame look, that Ram, Dodge or FCA would put these on EVERY truck from the factory!!

DraKhen99

Reaction score
I also put them in right after I took delivery. That was my very first mod. For the love of God, I am not sure why a $. 32 cost part is NOT a standard option on ALL trucks! Is it the $. 36 additional cost for screws that put it over the top??!! You would think that the $60k I spent on the truck, along with the extra protection is gives us guys in the snow belt, not to mention the ugly open frame look, that Ram, Dodge or FCA would put these on EVERY truck from the factory!!

I said the same thing about the F-150 and the GM trucks... why, oh why, do they skimp on such a cheap part that makes the truck look unfinished?

FWIW, when Ford went aluminum-body with the F-150, any kind of snow/ice/salt/rocks that got kicked up into the rear wheel wells sounded like a thunderstorm heard from under a corrugated tin roof. The rear wheel well liners went a long way to quieting that nonsense down.

-John

Bigcountry

Reaction score
So is there a agreed upon installation process or just do as you see fit? Ordered these and am wondering what should be removed, separated, and put back.

retho78

Reaction score
So is there a agreed upon installation process or just do as you see fit? Ordered these and am wondering what should be removed, separated, and put back.
I didn't separate mine and fits just fine.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread