5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear Under-Seat Storage - Aftermarket Options

RodRow

Reaction score
Found time to get mine fine tuned. I ended up using heavy duty Velcro to secure to plastic end covers and a mini bungee instead of the zip ties
Great idea for those that don’t want to put holes in the under seat plastic! I’m still looking for my mini bungees, I know they’re around here somewhere! :confused:

bbandu

Reaction score

RodRow

Reaction score
One last question, Ddid you use anything to attach then to the floor board or are they not attached to the floor boards.

Thanks
They are not attached to the floor. They just sit against the carpet.
I find that they are stable enough this way due to using the bucket that I bought.

bbandu

Reaction score
They are not attached to the floor. They just sit against the carpet.
I find that they are stable enough this way due to using the bucket that I bought.

Awesome, I picked up one of the same containers yesterday, will probably do the install in the next couple days time permitting.

Ramzy

Reaction score

Rich

Reaction score
So I just got a call about the husky storage unit I ordered. I was told there was a delay in shipment because the original ones were to tall and the seat would not sit flat and that they just finished a run of the new shorter ones. Has anyone experienced that problem?

It would be nice if while they were making a change that they also fixed the issue with the factory slush mats. Are the fully aware of this issue?

Chrisdp23

Reaction score
It would be nice if while they were making a change that they also fixed the issue with the factory slush mats. Are the fully aware of this issue?
So I actually got it about a week later, I am super happy with it. I don't have the slush mats and looking at it it is cut to match the standard rug mats. Aesthetically I am not sure how it would look it they designed it around the Rubber ones when you would use it with the carpeted ones.

geotex1

Reaction score

They are, and seem then don't care! I reached the designer, Steve Bowers, and he seemed eager to look into it and the problem with the Xact rears. Offered to send pictures. Promised return call and email. Nada. Called him back twice more. Nada. So, his initial response seems to be all Husky Liners stands by, and I pointed out legally they have no position as that position is stated no where on the website, fitment guides, product literature or product packaging. Rules of the road I know well since I manufacture products around the world.

Shonuff

Reaction score
I've been looking for a solution since I bought my Laramie in September knowing it wasn't optioned with storage. Talked to the parts dept this week when I was in for service and they were able to price it out for me. As the parts manager handed me the print out he shook his head and agreed that someone should be fired for charging customers $500 for some cheap plastic and hex bolts. But here it is for anyone interested...
IMG-1774.JPG
IMG-1775.JPG

DonsRam19

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Username1

Reaction score
I'm not sure if the answers for under rear seat storage was answered, but Husky Liners makes a great looking after-market, under seat storage (check out their website). I spoke to their head engineer (after getting the runaround from sales on availability dates) and he said the rear under seat storage for the 2019 Ram 1500 Hemi is not due out until the end of February or very close to that date. I love what I see and will be waiting for it's availability. PLEASE NOTE: the end of February date is for the Quad Cab (which is what I was asking about) but the underseat for the Crew Cab is due out earlier than that according to this engineer. Hope this helps.
That is amazing news ive been looking for!!

Rick8325

Reaction score
Dang I don't know if any of you have kids but the storage under my 14 Ram was useless with carseats...I'm so glad I can just throw a tool bag under there now without needing to lift the seats.

sman301

Reaction score
Is there any other company besides husky making an underseat box?

Rich

Reaction score

BackInBlack694

Reaction score
Well, I got a little industrious this afternoon and resolved my under-seat storage issue for $9....yes, nine dollars!

If you have an accessible Home Depot, a utility knife (or preferably a Dremel tool), tape measure, a few screws and 45 minutes, you can build your storage as the pictures indicate below...they are removable in 3 minutes with only 2 small screws...

Before (no under-seat storage): :(
View attachment 12435
$9 plastic storage bin from Home Depot (this one is the right width):
View attachment 12433
Mark a line 7" down from the top lip and cut all the way around with a dremmel bit or utility knife, then cut the short ends of the bin in half as shown:
View attachment 12436 View attachment 12439
Fit the two pieces in the floorboard and cut the angles to fit the under-seat bump in the middle (this allows the frame to sit flat):
View attachment 12444 View attachment 12445
Flip over and screw the 2 pieces together in the middle for stability, then place in the truck, screw a flat head screw into the plastic cover on each end of the bench seat (the screws are silver in the photo), then tie the center back to the D ring that is under the rear seat to keep the frame in place (I used tie straps, but plan to use a small bungie once acquired).
View attachment 12440 View attachment 12441
Finished Product: :p
View attachment 12442 View attachment 12443

This was too easy and more than serves my purposes as they will work with my WeatherTech floor mats that I'm ordering soon. :)

I hope this helps someone out there who didn't want to drop $180+ for storage.
That is absolutely genius !!! Thank you for sharing. I will be picking up a bin this week. I just picked up my ‘19 Laramie this past Friday and was expecting to see the factory storage thing under the seat. When I was ordering with the salesman it was an oversight. Those bins are the perfect solution. My vehicle is a lease so it’s not worth spending $170-$500 for other options.

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was looking at Du Ha because the products seem to be well made. I sent them email asking about the under seat storage for the 2019's and here was the reply i got on 1/25/19:

We have finalized the colors for the new 2019 RAM's and should begin production soon. We hope to have them in stock for shipping within 2-3 months.

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wonder why they advertise for a 2019 but the picture clearly shows the tranny hump?? Do the 19 classics still have it? Confused as to fittment View attachment 17957
Saw a few people post it for the new 2019 crew cab - looks different than that. Just ordered it the other day - will post pics when it comes and I put it in

Users who are viewing this thread