5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear Under-Seat Storage - Aftermarket Options

EfrainPerez

Reaction score
Anyone know if the OEM under-seat storage is available for the Crew Cab? Or, if there will be an aftermarket option?
I like the design of the OEM version, but sadly it wasn't optioned on my Big Horn.
Husky Liners makes one. Check out their site.

Reaction score
I personally am glad not to have it... With two carseats in the rear, that would cordon off the space I now use to store my workboots and associated PPE.

SynAckuL

Reaction score
I went a little different route with my underseat storage. I'm looking at doing a little bit of overlanding, so I wanted to make sure I had the necessary gear for that, gear for normal trips with my wife and teenagers, and any emergency.

So, I went with five small ammo containers ($3.99 at Harbor Freight or $5.99 at Walmart) under the rear seats. The two on the driver's side are for medical and roadside, and the three on the passenger side are for emergency food, comfort, and tools. I can list the contents of each if anyone wants to know. The containers fit perfectly in the cutouts on each side and hold quite a bit of cargo.

In the middle, I purchased and attached a BuiltRight Industries MOLLE panel that has Velcro on the back. It sticks to the bottom of the rear site and has MOLLE webbing. I've attached two cheap MOLLE bottle holders and some Velcro strips. The bottle holders container a rolled up tarp on one side and a Frogg Togg's poncho on the other. In between the two is a small blanket.

Attachments

• 20190321_145410.jpg
    20190321_145410.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 670
  • 20190321_145414.jpg
    20190321_145414.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 665
  • 20190321_145431.jpg
    20190321_145431.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 615
  • 20190321_145442.jpg
    20190321_145442.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 619

SB89

Reaction score
There’s no underseat storage for quad cabs anywhere out there right?

MTRHEAD

Reaction score
I went a little different route with my underseat storage. I'm looking at doing a little bit of overlanding, so I wanted to make sure I had the necessary gear for that, gear for normal trips with my wife and teenagers, and any emergency.

So, I went with five small ammo containers ($3.99 at Harbor Freight or $5.99 at Walmart) under the rear seats. The two on the driver's side are for medical and roadside, and the three on the passenger side are for emergency food, comfort, and tools. I can list the contents of each if anyone wants to know. The containers fit perfectly in the cutouts on each side and hold quite a bit of cargo.

In the middle, I purchased and attached a BuiltRight Industries MOLLE panel that has Velcro on the back. It sticks to the bottom of the rear site and has MOLLE webbing. I've attached two cheap MOLLE bottle holders and some Velcro strips. The bottle holders container a rolled up tarp on one side and a Frogg Togg's poncho on the other. In between the two is a small blanket.
Gotta give you an atta boy on that one. Well done.

Chrisdp23

Reaction score
Do you have reclining seats and if so, do they move without obstruction?
Nick sorry for the delayed response, I do not have the reclining rear seats, so i could not answer your question

C.AdamsMo.RAM

Reaction score
Today I set out in making my own! Turned out great! Two heavier shelf brackets from home depot that were already painted black. Ripped a scrap piece of 1/2" or 5/8" plywood i had laying around, not osb chipboard. A few short screws I had and purchased some 8/32 machine screws, split washers and wingnuts. Wrapped the plywood in this heavy nylon fabric that is similar to cordura and has a pvc coating on the back, very nice! Two yards of that, only cause i needed the length and staple upholstered it like wrapping a present hiding all staples on the back side and low and also colored them black with a sharpie. Mounted the brackets to holes that were already in the seat mounting brackets. Cost me $20! Alot better than $450 from mopar or $225 from husky! Lol 20914 20915 20916

C.AdamsMo.RAM

Reaction score
Brackets were less than $5 each and $10 for fabric from walmart and maybe $2 for other screws and hardware.. $22 lol it seems very sturdy and if it breaks or gets messed up in a few years, I'll make another! Haha if anyone has any questions on specifics, I'm happy to help!

Sparky305

Reaction score

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Today I set out in making my own! Turned out great! Two heavier shelf brackets from home depot that were already painted black. Ripped a scrap piece of 1/2" or 5/8" plywood i had laying around, not osb chipboard. A few short screws I had and purchased some 8/32 machine screws, split washers and wingnuts. Wrapped the plywood in this heavy nylon fabric that is similar to cordura and has a pvc coating on the back, very nice! Two yards of that, only cause i needed the length and staple upholstered it like wrapping a present hiding all staples on the back side and low and also colored them black with a sharpie. Mounted the brackets to holes that were already in the seat mounting brackets. Cost me $20! Alot better than $450 from mopar or $225 from husky! Lol View attachment 20914 View attachment 20915 View attachment 20916
I think I like this better than my husky underseat storage cause it doesnt block the slush mats. Great job.

Rodbuster

Reaction score
Today I set out in making my own! Turned out great! Two heavier shelf brackets from home depot that were already painted black. Ripped a scrap piece of 1/2" or 5/8" plywood i had laying around, not osb chipboard. A few short screws I had and purchased some 8/32 machine screws, split washers and wingnuts. Wrapped the plywood in this heavy nylon fabric that is similar to cordura and has a pvc coating on the back, very nice! Two yards of that, only cause i needed the length and staple upholstered it like wrapping a present hiding all staples on the back side and low and also colored them black with a sharpie. Mounted the brackets to holes that were already in the seat mounting brackets. Cost me $20! Alot better than $450 from mopar or $225 from husky! Lol View attachment 20914 View attachment 20915 View attachment 20916

Nice clean design, it looks good!

Username1

Reaction score
For all those interested I can confirm duha storage has an under the seat bin available for 2019 quad cabs. It’s not on the website yet so you’ll have to call and order it blind without seeing any pictures until they have enough to stock all their dealers first. They come in tan black and brown and are 200 plus free shipping. Ordered mine and will post pictures once it’s delivered and installed

SB89

Reaction score
For all those interested I can confirm duha storage has an under the seat bin available for 2019 quad cabs. It’s not on the website yet so you’ll have to call and order it blind without seeing any pictures until they have enough to stock all their dealers first. They come in tan black and brown and are 200 plus free shipping. Ordered mine and will post pictures once it’s delivered and installed
Thanks for the heads up! Anxious to see how these look and if they’re worth the price. Keep us posted on arrival! Looking forward to some photos.

gr8ridn

Reaction score
I will be following your evaluation of the quad cab storage unit. I called them in January and was told they were working on this unit.

BThiesing

Reaction score
Can u snap a pic of the mounting when u get a chance? I'll bang one of these out next week with scrap wood I have laying around. Thanks!

KcRay

Reaction score
Well, I got a little industrious this afternoon and resolved my under-seat storage issue for $9....yes, nine dollars!

If you have an accessible Home Depot, a utility knife (or preferably a Dremel tool), tape measure, a few screws and 45 minutes, you can build your storage as the pictures indicate below...they are removable in 3 minutes with only 2 small screws...

Before (no under-seat storage): :(
View attachment 12435
$9 plastic storage bin from Home Depot (this one is the right width):
View attachment 12433
Mark a line 7" down from the top lip and cut all the way around with a dremmel bit or utility knife, then cut the short ends of the bin in half as shown:
View attachment 12436 View attachment 12439
Fit the two pieces in the floorboard and cut the angles to fit the under-seat bump in the middle (this allows the frame to sit flat):
View attachment 12444 View attachment 12445
Flip over and screw the 2 pieces together in the middle for stability, then place in the truck, screw a flat head screw into the plastic cover on each end of the bench seat (the screws are silver in the photo), then tie the center back to the D ring that is under the rear seat to keep the frame in place (I used tie straps, but plan to use a small bungie once acquired).
View attachment 12440 View attachment 12441
Finished Product: :p
View attachment 12442 View attachment 12443

This was too easy and more than serves my purposes as they will work with my WeatherTech floor mats that I'm ordering soon. :)

I hope this helps someone out there who didn't want to drop $180+ for storage.
I love it, and I did it. 20190409_141555.jpg 20190409_141536.jpg

SacRebel

Reaction score
I checked in with Husky today and was told about 4-weeks until the Quad cab version is for sale. I'll be first in line!

Users who are viewing this thread