5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RamBox (only) Tonneau

Douglas31

Reaction score
That is the exact same cover as the BAK mx4.... In fact, I think bak manufacturers it for Mopar
It is identical except it would be the same as the G2 with a mopar label I think since it is not the matte black.

cjmst23

Reaction score
It is identical except it would be the same as the G2 with a mopar label I think since it is not the matte black.
Gotcha.... You're right, my mx4 is matte. Didn't realize the Mopar was gloss.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here is my mopar cover. I really don’t have any complaints about it. The only thing I have noticed is to secure it upright against the glass the arm is too long so you have to completely unscrew and remove bracket to place securing arm and then screw the bracket back on. Only adds about 10 seconds so I am not too worried about it. View attachment 12811 View attachment 12812

Can you move the arm mounts further to the rear? Otherwise, I'd saw the end off (under the rubber cap) so you don't have to mess with removing the bracket.

Douglas31

Reaction score
Can you move the arm mounts further to the rear? Otherwise, I'd saw the end off (under the rubber cap) so you don't have to mess with removing the bracket.
I looked at that and it would require drilling new holes to mount them. Now sawing off the end is a great idea and should work. I will see if I can get the rubber caps off and then that should be an easy fix. Thanks for the idea!

R Luzb

Reaction score
I just ordered the Truxedo Sentry. It is a hard rollback cover. I was looking at this one along with Bak Revolver X4. Ultimately I chose the Truxedo Sentry because it is predicted to work better in the harsh winters of the northeast, also you can easily take out the entire cover without tools unlike the Revolver.
How do you like the Truxedo Sentry cover so far? Do you have Ram Boxes? Do you have to have the cover open to close your tail gate? Is it water tight?

Hammer1

Reaction score
Can you close the tailgate on the MX4 when the rear lid is down or do you have to lift it up?

MrHankbot

I AM A ROBOT
Reaction score
I've had my Truxedo Sentry CT on for a few days now. So far I like it. I'm not sure it'll turn out to be water tight in the corners, but I can do a little work if I need to to seal it all up better.

It's not a perfect cover, but my takeaway from doing a bunch of reading was that there was no perfect cover, and this one looked like one I could live with nicely. I'll do a full review at some point in the future. So far I'm happy with the purchase.

20190106_114421.jpg
20190106_114605.jpg
20190106_114519.jpg

JonR88

Reaction score
Don't discount the G2 from Bak. I had it on my 17 with Ramboxes and it was a great cover. No hassle, no extra keys, and never interfered with using the Ramboxes. I have one on order right now for my 19.
I had a Bak Flip on my 2011 Ram with ram box and I will tell you why I don't like it and did not get it this time. 2 main reasons. 1st reason is if opened the whole way, it blocks the back window. If you don't open it the whole it (reason number 2) takes a huge part of the bed. My 2 cents.

stevetom84

Reaction score
I've had my Truxedo Sentry CT on for a few days now. So far I like it. I'm not sure it'll turn out to be water tight in the corners, but I can do a little work if I need to to seal it all up better.

It's not a perfect cover, but my takeaway from doing a bunch of reading was that there was no perfect cover, and this one looked like one I could live with nicely. I'll do a full review at some point in the future. So far I'm happy with the purchase.

View attachment 13077
View attachment 13080
View attachment 13081

I also have the Sentry CT, so far no complaints from me. It's not 100% water proof, I have a small amount of water that comes in at the tailgate corners under a high pressure wash, but is sufficient for my needs.

mlvnsmly

Reaction score
Just got my mx4 today and guess what? Driver's side rail basically won't go in at all. Called the company and didn't get anywhere
I then called Morrie and he called Bak. They are now sending me new rails. I'll post a follow-up when I get them.

Hudson Hornet

Reaction score
Yep, if you recall I have a contact at BAK from the prototype mx4 fitting I did with them. They said they are full production and shipping.
I checked with the my local Bak dealer and he said the MX4 is still unavailable. Here is what Bak's website is saying today, not available until "mid 2019"

BAKFlip MX4 19 Ram (New Body Style) 5ft 7in w/ RamBox
NOTE: NOT AVAILABLE UNTIL MID 2019

NOTE: Before purchase please verify if you have New Body Style or Classic Body Style on 2019 Ram 1500 – This part is for the New Body Style

Hudson Hornet

Reaction score
Just got my mx4 today and guess what? Driver's side rail basically won't go in at all. Called the company and didn't get anywhere
I then called Morrie and he called Bak. They are now sending me new rails. I'll post a follow-up when I get them.
You received an MX4 designed for the 2019 Rambox? Did it have an RB on the end of the model number?

mlvnsmly

Reaction score
You received an MX4 designed for the 2019 Rambox? Did it have an RB on the end of the model number?
448227RB. Got a replacement rail set today and had the exact same issue. Goes on about 8 inches before it totally seizes up.

cjmst23

Reaction score
You need to make sure BAK is sending you the new rail design. I had same issues then they sent me the new design with sliding blocks with set screws that engage the utility rails Screenshot_20190115-203016.png Screenshot_20190115-203020.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190115-203027.png
    Screenshot_20190115-203027.png
    2 MB · Views: 44

mlvnsmly

Reaction score
Mine definitely doesn't look like that. I'll report back once they respond to me today.

NHREBEL2

Reaction score
Ordered a Retraxone MX from TFO over a month ago. Apparently Retrax had measured the first batch of Ram Box covers wrong and it interfered with the RB lid operation. Back to the drawing board. Finally got word it will ship from N. Dakota tomorrow. I'll post pics when I get it installed.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I checked with the my local Bak dealer and he said the MX4 is still unavailable. Here is what Bak's website is saying today, not available until "mid 2019"

BAKFlip MX4 19 Ram (New Body Style) 5ft 7in w/ RamBox
NOTE: NOT AVAILABLE UNTIL MID 2019

NOTE: Before purchase please verify if you have New Body Style or Classic Body Style on 2019 Ram 1500 – This part is for the New Body Style

Just got confirmation from Morrie that my MX4 shipped. Ordered 1/3 and scheduled delivery this Friday.

Users who are viewing this thread