5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RamBox (only) Tonneau

surfingcrna

Reaction score
In Pic 1 and 2 does the side seal not go over the Rambox. I know on my 2014 it does and I have never had any water in the bed from the side even from the car wash.

View attachment 9816

You can see how mine touches and overlaps the rambox a bit.
This looks like a much better fit. Maybe they need to take a look at the previous and replicate it. Or is there a design change that for not allow for that?

surfingcrna

Reaction score
There's a drain channel built into the new rail which leads to a drain tube. I think it will be more active on this model than it was on the gen4 model.

I plan on doing some water testing today to get a better idea
How did the water test go?

cjmst23

Reaction score
How did the water test go?
Not bad. It snowed and rained here... So I didn't have to get out the hose.... And things seem pretty good. The inside of the tailgate on either side (3 inches) was wet, but no water in the bed.

I. Also have a BEDSLIDE (best thing ever) which elevates my stuff off the bed floor.

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
1BAKFlip MX4 MATTE FINISH 2019 DODGE Ram With Ram Box 5' 7" Bed
P/N 448227RB

989.88. Free shipping

www.bakfliptonneaucover.com
A Subsidiary of Amazing Truck Accessories, LP
1-888-377-2268

I would not recommend these folks, they never return phone calls or emails

Last edited:

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
P/N 448227RB

989.88. Free shipping

1-888-377-2268

Thanks for that info. The companies that operate this way need to be exposed. I try to avoid those that do not have email and phone contacts. Interesting they have both and can't respond.

sgk

Reaction score
P/N 448227RB

989.88. Free shipping

1-888-377-2268

I had the same issue with them, placed an order than got a hold of them once and for 3 months have not heard a word after many attempts. Called my c.c and canceled my order. They are simply impossible to get a hold of.

RAMREB

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm that the TruXedo TruXport tonneau will work with Ramboxes? If so, how would it work with the bed utility group? Does it still clamp around it and to the underside of the bedrails, or have a slide in top rail like the MX4 photos on this thread?

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
As am I. The tailgate has visible air gaps. There is nothing the tonneau cover can do about that.

Phiefer

Reaction score
It would be nice to see someone come up with some type of 'seal' for the rambox/tailgate gaps that can keep rain and dust out without impacting the tailgate remote open.
I have the Mopar cover dealer installed. Seems tight on ramboxes, but did not include any type of gap seal for the tailgate to ramboxs.
I visually compared the 2019 rambox tailgate to a 2018 rambox tailgate, and the both have a similar gap, but 2019 looks approx twice as big.

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@cjmst23 did your cover come with new installation instructions? The ones on the BAKFlip web site seem to be for the previous generation. If they are new, can you post them without getting into trouble?

thcmas35

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
It would be nice to see someone come up with some type of 'seal' for the rambox/tailgate gaps that can keep rain and dust out without impacting the tailgate remote open.
I have the Mopar cover dealer installed. Seems tight on ramboxes, but did not include any type of gap seal for the tailgate to ramboxs.
I visually compared the 2019 rambox tailgate to a 2018 rambox tailgate, and the both have a similar gap, but 2019 looks approx twice as big.
There are a few options if you search "tailgate seal" on Amazon. Here is one:
VERGILIUS Adhesive Universal Weather Stripping Pickup Truck Bed Tailgate Seal Kit, Keep Dust, Dirt and Moisture Out of Your Covered Truck Bed https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HJWXN97/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_pyBdCbDHXHZK4

I don't have any experience in using these. I believe my coworker tried to seal his in some form on his Chevy and it was so air tight that it made a thumping/thundering noise at highway speeds. He said it sounded like a drum. Again, not sure what he used exactly but I know the result. If the water and dirt is more dramatic I will seal mine up, but still allow it to breathe.

cjgerson

Reaction score
I installed MX4 with tailgate seal yesterday. Took I through car wash today and still got a little water in corners. I can take pics tomorrow if anyone interested, but agree not much any tonneau can do to stop water in those corners

Users who are viewing this thread