5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rambox/E-torque order tracking

cjgerson

Reaction score
Just contacted by Ram. My truck is built and awaiting shipping. Dealer confirmed. They are shipping Rambox equipped trucks.
Yeah this is what my dealer told me on Friday as well. Looks like we are sitting at the Budd Yard waiting for a train.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just watched a unit train go by with auto racks this morning heading west...hopefully they are going for a Ram "pickup" but it seems everyone is waiting on a railcar these days.

glennf14

Reaction score
Good to hear. Here is the official word I received from Ram this morning:

"Couple things here:
1. Although open for orders, the RamBox was a late availability feature.
2. There is a national rail car shortage but we are getting trucks to customers as quickly as possible by using additional means of transport."

Nothing we didn't really already know but hopefully this means you guys will start getting your trucks soon.
Great thread, glad to see some answers trickling in. Thank you to everyone for their diligence and efforts!

Not to get the thread off topic, but I was wondering if y’all think we will see the Rambox become available for the 6’4” bed for the 2019 model year? Perhaps later this fall or winter? Right now Quad Cabs are excluded from Rambox, so you’d think that FCA would wanna open them up for ordering in the not-too-distant future...

Anyone have any thoughts or info on this? Thanks!

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Great thread, glad to see some answers trickling in. Thank you to everyone for their diligence and efforts!

Not to get the thread off topic, but I was wondering if y’all think we will see the Rambox become available for the 6’4” bed for the 2019 model year? Perhaps later this fall or winter? Right now Quad Cabs are excluded from Rambox, so you’d think that FCA would wanna open them up for ordering in the not-too-distant future...

Anyone have any thoughts or info on this? Thanks!

I think they are going to want to work out the kinks and get 5'7 Ramboxes all sorted out first. My guess on the 6'4 bed with Ramboxes is that we will start to see them when production of the 2020 Ram HD starts as they are only available with the 6'4 bed and 8 foot bed. It would be safe to assume that the HD will have optional Ramboxes as well.

Boatjockey

Reaction score
Check your prices on window stickers. eTorque is now another $700 higher at $2645.

Boatjockey

Reaction score
If the truck was ordered before the price increase the dealer and FCA should honor the original price...
They'd better honor it.
I am more concerned about issues with the truck. On MOTS it shows most Limiteds going through I status in about 3-24 hours (mine was 4 1/2 days) and JB status, with a few exceptions, in a day or two (mine has been in JB since 7/22).

NCSailing

Reaction score
Morning Guys. I’m new to the Forum and an owner of a 2017 Limited 1500. I couldn’t help myself and ordered a new one. Laramie Longhorn, Air Suspension, Panoramic Roof, RamBox. Build was about $67. I negotiated a price around $7,000 off sticker build, plus whatever extra incentives are available when delivered..... when delivered.... The build has been assigned a VIN and VON. Based upon what I am reading, timing is iffy at best. As like many of us I make, I am fine waiting. My Ramboxes currently in my 2017 are incredibly useful. I stuff everything from a quick set of tools to umbrellas, paper towels, car cleaning stuff and dog gear. Anything on the fly that I don’t want to drop in the back seat. So, for me, I am waiting. If it takes until the end of 2018–so be it. I will keep you updated.

Oh, one more thing—I orderered with the 22’s. I drove the ride with and without . If you are adding the air suspension, the 22’s don’t impact ride quality and fill the wheelwell. I suspect the 22’s with the non-air suspension may be a bit more on the rough side. However, Ram did not choose low profile 22’s. They have a decent side wall and the tires, as you would suspect on a truck, are more comfort oriented. Road noise was very good at highway speeds and the new 2019 benefits from additional sound isolation thruoughout. My overall impression of the 2019 is that it’s like a close friend that you know, with improvements at every corner. It drives as well (if not better) than my former Range Rover and the technology with the 12.9” screen exceeds luxury car standards from Mercedes Benz to you name it.

cjgerson

Reaction score
Shipping 14AUG. Arrival in Maryland 28AUG +/- a couple days. These are estimates as usual, but they now have a base to stand on. Truck is complete. No other work required.
I just called RAM and my truck still does not have an estimated ship or delivery date :(

Last edited:

stubright

Reaction score
The salesmen contacted me today and said there is a hold on the trucks w/ram box's and it wouldn't be shipping till September. My truck was built on 6/30 and been in JB status for 10 days. I told him I will have to cancel if it doesn't ship this week. I don't like the idea of the truck sitting outside for over 2-months before shipping while my trade depreciates every month . This was going to be my first Ram truck there loss not sure how they expect to cut into ford sales if it takes them 5-months to produce a truck. Looks like I be getting a 2019 f150 limited w/ the raptor motor all is not lost!!!

Kramersp

Reaction score
The salesmen contacted me today and said there is a hold on the trucks w/ram box's and it wouldn't be shipping till September. My truck was built on 6/30 and been in JB status for 10 days. I told him I will have to cancel if it doesn't ship this week. I don't like the idea of the truck sitting outside for over 2-months before shipping while my trade depreciates every month . This was going to be my first Ram truck there loss not sure how they expect to cut into ford sales if it takes them 5-months to produce a truck. Looks like I be getting a 2019 f150 limited w/ the raptor motor all is not lost!!!
Shows your truck is JS and awaiting shipping.

stubright

Reaction score
That is correct it went JS on the 19th (11 days ago) of July. I will give it till the end of this week to ship.

Kramersp

Reaction score
That is correct it went JS on the 19th (11 days ago) of July. I will give it till the end of this week to ship.
I feel ya. Word is mine will ship 14 August. If it doesnt, I'll be buying what you're buying! I'll give up leather, 12" screen and ride for massaging seats, more power, and aluminum.......and being tangible.

Users who are viewing this thread