5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rambox bed divider/extender, officially no longer an extender

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Maybe that is why they are curved? The curve is enough of an angle to slide past the regulation? I'm not sure what the viewing angle is. Most of aftermarket ones have a large curve compared to the box divider.
I ordered and installed this unit , https://www.carid.com/amp-research/...n5v5Pa3d5Z498A8D-47wYfWYYkqgeltxoCycoQAvD_BwE , on my longhorn. most sites will highlight that , "this does not fit your 2019 ram" , but thats nonsense, install took me 20min. I am not a fan of the mopar sport version because it makes for less room. The one feature I do miss that my 2014 ford f-150 had was the bed extender was collapsible and would fold out of site.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just ordered the pegs from my dealer. According to the parts guy they should arrive in about 10 days, while he was looking at the screen he said they're about to come off backorder.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
What are the part numbers. I keep seeing everyone ask, but have yet to see the part number. Do you still know it?

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Doesn't his look right? Does not show as out of stock. Have not clicked Purchase yet though. Has anyone be able to get them recently?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190225-194445.png
    Screenshot_20190225-194445.png
    100.3 KB · Views: 108

RebelRam2019

Reaction score
You can go to moparpartsinc.com and order the following for your 5th Gen with Ram Box to use your divider the way it was intended.

68054997AB 2ea $ 16.38 ea GROMMET. PIVOT JOINT. D Pillar, Handle D Pillar.

68054996AA 2ea $ 24.95 ea HANDLE. Swivel Release. D Pillar.

5 minutes to install and everything will be good to go.

porkie

Reaction score
You’ll also need T-40 torx wrench. You could get away with a 1/4 Allen wrench but it’s hard to get completely tightened without stripping the bolt

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
thanks everyone. I ordered it from factory Chrysler parts. Com last night and they emailed me today saying the parts are shipping tomorrow. So they are still available out there

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
5 months after taking delivery, my dealer just gave me the handles and post to mount my divider as an extender at no charge. I was shocked.

RebelRam2019

Reaction score
I’m wondering how that would work based off of where the key is. It doesn’t lock anything in if it slides into the channels on the bed.
It locks it down when used as a divider only. When used as an extender it has no purpose. Mine was keyed the same as my Ram from the factory, if not you will have two different keys if you got it after you took delivery of your Ram.

DonJr

Reaction score
What are the numbers for getting the cargo bed divider for the new RamBox bed. Also is there a bed extender that you flips in and out of the bed to the tail gate? Had a Ford that did that. Also have a 5’ 7” bed.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What are the numbers for getting the cargo bed divider for the new RamBox bed. Also is there a bed extender that you flips in and out of the bed to the tail gate? Had a Ford that did that. Also have a 5’ 7” bed.
The cargo divider for Rambox has two wings that flip out to form the cargo extender. Ram no longer provides the mounting studs but the 2018 Ram studs can be ordered and easily installed. They work great.

Tom488

Reaction score
68027414AE is the part number for the bed extender/cargo divider itself
68054996AA and 68054997AB are the part numbers for the attachment hardware (2 each needed) to attach the extender to the bed that FCA no longer installs in the trucks.

Before going ahead and ordering these, make sure your truck has the mounting points on either side of the bed for this mounting hardware. Previously, the beds had the captured nuts installed, and just covered up with plastic filler caps. I wouldn't put it past FCA to start excluding those captured nuts in later builds, since they no longer officially support the use of the cargo divider as a bed extender.

Reaction score
You’ll also need T-40 torx wrench. You could get away with a 1/4 Allen wrench but it’s hard to get completely tightened without stripping the bolt
I just did this today and it was a T-50 not a T-40. You could probably make a T-40 work but it is a little loose and you could round it out.

Users who are viewing this thread