5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram 1500 orders - Tell Us About Yours!

Rich6896

Reaction score
Vehicle: 2022 1500 LIMITED CREW CAB 4X4 (144.5 in WB 5 FT 7 IN box) (DT6M98)

1500 LIMITED CREW CAB 4X4 (144.5 in WB 5 FT 7 IN box)

EXH 3.0L V6 Turbo Diesel Engine Gen 3
DFV 8-Spd Auto 8HP75 Trans
Paint/Seat/Trim: PPX Patriot Blue Pearl Coat
SJ Premium Quilted Leather Bucket Seats
-CD Indigo / Sea Salt
Options: MM8 Decal Delete
GWJ Dual-Pane Panoramic Sunroof
GP2 Chrome Pwr-Fold Trailer Tow Mirrors
DMH 3.92 Rear Axle Ratio
A69 Limited Level 1 Equipment Group
AYG Limited 10th Anniversary Edition
AWL Off Road Group
XB9 RamBox Cargo Management System
ALN Body Color Bumper Group
NHK Engine Block Heater
AHC Trailer Tow Group
NFF 33 Gallon Fuel Tank

The off-road group is a little overkill for me, but I wanted lockers for the slippery boat ramp so ORG was only a few extra dollars. I've done all my off-roading in this

Attachments

• 20220220_120622.jpg
    20220220_120622.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 21

allenmj

Reaction score
Howdy!

A little late to the party, actually picked up my truck from the dealer (Big shout out to LAMPE CHRYSLER DODGE JEEP RAM in Central California, they took care of me every step of the way) on the 23rd. My first ever custom order but needless to say I love the finished product. Ordered on 1/25/22 - picked up 3/23/22 - I consider myself VERY lucky to have such a quick turnaround.

2022 RAM 1500 BIGHORN/LONESTAR CREW 4X4

5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT eTorque Engine with 3.92 gearing.

Night Edition
Off Road Group
Trailer Tow Group
Big Horn level 2 Group
Alpine 9 Amplified Speakers w/Subwoofer
12In Uconnect Display
Skid plate/protection group
Bed Group with tri-fold tonneau
Premium Lighting Group
Dual Pane Panoramic Sunroof
33 Gallon Fuel Tank

I've been a 911 Dispatcher for 20 years and this beauty sympbolizes the start of my career slowdown headed towards retirement. I'll be getting a travel trailer soon with the plan being to fish in every body of water I can find in the country.

03232022.jpg

Also in my garage is a 2014 Challenger Rallye Redline, but I'm glad to be joining the Ram Truck family finally.

PatrickLeedleLee

Reaction score
Hey everyone! First post here! I've had a 2021 Big Horn for about a year, but decided to trade in to get a lot more features. Here's my order:

1500 Laramie
Night Edition
5.7 with eTorque
Advanced Safety Group
Technology Package
Level 2 Equipment
Bed Utility Group
12' Uconnect 5 w/ Nav
Panoramic Sunroof
Rubber Floor Mats

I do a lot of driving in the summer and super excited for all the features I'll be getting in this one. Ordered 3/22 and it's currently in D1. Hopefully a month or less before it's finished being built!

mcat79

Reaction score
Hey everyone! First post here! I've had a 2021 Big Horn for about a year, but decided to trade in to get a lot more features. Here's my order:

1500 Laramie
Night Edition
5.7 with eTorque
Advanced Safety Group
Technology Package
Level 2 Equipment
Bed Utility Group
12' Uconnect 5 w/ Nav
Panoramic Sunroof
Rubber Floor Mats

I do a lot of driving in the summer and super excited for all the features I'll be getting in this one. Ordered 3/22 and it's currently in D1. Hopefully a month or less before it's finished being built!
Already in D1!? That gives me hope that my Laramie order on 3/25 won’t take months! Enjoy that new ride when it comes in.

mcat79

Reaction score
I just heard from MD. I placed my order on 3/25, and received my VIN today, and the POC shows D1 status with an estimated ship date of 4/12. That is way quicker than I was expecting. The ship date is the date it leaves the plant, right? So I guess it could sit on the train for quite some time after that.

TSL

Reaction score
I just heard from MD. I placed my order on 3/25, and received my VIN today, and the POC shows D1 status with an estimated ship date of 4/12. That is way quicker than I was expecting. The ship date is the date it leaves the plant, right? So I guess it could sit on the train for quite some time after that.
I was told my MD that "The ‘Estimated Ship Date’ on the POC refers to production and not that your Truck will be boarding a train that date."

Yankee Echo

Reaction score
Placed an order on 3/28.

4X4 Bighorn Quad Cab 6' 4" bed
5.7 V8
Backcountry Package (for $2,695 this is easily on of the best values available - assuming you want what's included)
Two-Tone Paint: Delmonico Red over Diamond Black Crystal (incl w/Backcountry)
Big Horn Level 1 Group
Park Sense
Trailer brake controller
Uconnect 5 8.4" Nav (req'd w/Backcountry)
Rear Wheel Liners
33 gallon tank
3.92 axle ratio

I debated on getting Big Horn Level 2 and 9 speaker/subwoofer package, but decided neither had enough value or appeal for me.

Last edited:

PatrickLeedleLee

Reaction score
The ship date refers to the date it rolls off assembly, not the date it actually ships.

morrpar

Reaction score
Greetings all! I just ordered a Granite Crystal '22 Big Horn backcountry from Mark Dodge. It was a truly great experience. I appreciate the advice provide by this forum. I almost made a $ 5k mistake by buying locally.
Going from a 2500 BH 6.4 hemi. Will miss the ramboxes...and maybe the HD-ness. We will see.

Striker01

Reaction score
Ordered on 3/24:

1500 Limited Crew Cab 4x4
5.7 Hemi MDS VVT Engine
Granite Crystal Metallic
Rambox
33 Gallon fuel tank
RED Edition
Anti-spin 3.21 gears

VIN received April 7th and added to tracker.

Dealer sent a new POC. Estimated ship date, 4-27.

Last edited:

Reldn

Reaction score
Ordered 3/5:

Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew Cab 5'7 bed 4x4
Patriot Blue/Diamond Black Two-tone paint
8.4 inch screen
5.7 Hemi MDS VVT
Big Horn Level 2 group
Backcountry package
33 gallon tank
3.92 gearing
Trailer brake controller
9 amplified speakers

CallMeYaz

Reaction score
My first truck of any kind! Never thought I would like one. I have driven a Jeep Cherokee, Dodge Durango, and Jeep Grand Cherokee (still have it) since 1994 as they seemed more practical for our lifestyle. However, my wife and I are easing our way into retirement with plans to camp more often and more comfortably. We ordered the camper the same week as the truck. We picked up our 2022 4WD 1500 Big Horn Crew Cab tonight after the following schedule:
Ordered - 3/2/22
BS - 3/28/22
WS - 3/28/22
Loaded on train - 3/30/22
Arrived in NY - 4/12/22
Arrived at dealer in NH - 4/16/22

Being new to truck ownership, I really appreciate all of the knowledge I have picked up from the members of this forum. For instance, after doing my research, I asked the dealer for a price for an extended warranty yesterday. I was quoted a price for a 6 year/85k mile policy that was over $1500 more (after the $365 PAYINFULL promo code) than the same policy from Zeigler. I showed my 8 year/125k mile quote to the dealer tonight when I was asked about my decision and offered them the chance to match it. They couldn't because it was supposedly $100 less than they could purchase the policy for.

We are looking forward to our upcoming adventures and I will continue to utilize this forum to gain further insights. Many thanks!

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have had my 2020 since Sept 2020 but over the past week have helped my parents through the process. They ordered from Mark Dodge two days ago. It will get shipped to WI.

Laramie crew 5'7" bed.
Hydro blue.
Level I Equipment Group.
Southwest Edition.
Bed utility group.
Rubber floor mats.
Wheel well liners.
Engine block heater.

Modstang

Reaction score
Has anyone priced a diesel option recently? I have a quote from MD on a limited 1500 and the Diesel engine has moved from $3,200 to $4,995. They’re saying the online build tool is not updated pricing. I cannot justify the extra cost at that price.

eaglemike

Reaction score
Has anyone priced a diesel option recently? I have a quote from MD on a limited 1500 and the Diesel engine has moved from $3,200 to $4,995. They’re saying the online build tool is not updated pricing. I cannot justify the extra cost at that price.
It depends on which truck you are building. It's been $4995 for at least a year for some models. Other models start with a different engine, and the cost difference is lower. Another thing: the VVT and E-torque engine now have the same cost. If a certain model already comes with a VVT, then the diesel option shows a lower cost. Good luck!

Modstang

Reaction score
It’s the Limited trim so it comes standard with the Hemi, Etorque or non. The only engine option has been the Ecodiesel.

Way2QWK

Reaction score
I guess its finally my turn to jump in here. Ive been lurking for awhile until we decided its now or never on getting an order in.
Was going to order from MD but got my local dealer to get close in price so Im ordering local. As long as there is no BS changes when the truck shows up. Bought 2 new cars from them so I think they saw the value in a return customer. Will be trading in our 2015 Durango.
Ordered 4-30-22

2022 BigHorn Granite Crystal
Backcountry Pkg
5.7 hemi, 3.21 gear, 33gal tank.
Level 2 equipment pkg, Level 1 safety, LED headlamps, blind spot monitor, trailer brake control, Uconnect 8.4 radio

22GTRebel

Reaction score
2022 Rebel GT Granite two tone. Night Package. Level 2. Rebel 12. Panoramic roof.

Ordered 4/15
D Status 4/18
D1 Status 4/28 with a ship date of 5/16

Users who are viewing this thread