5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram 1500 orders - Tell Us About Yours!

PatrickLeedleLee

Reaction score
My first truck of any kind! Never thought I would like one. I have driven a Jeep Cherokee, Dodge Durango, and Jeep Grand Cherokee (still have it) since 1994 as they seemed more practical for our lifestyle. However, my wife and I are easing our way into retirement with plans to camp more often and more comfortably. We ordered the camper the same week as the truck. We picked up our 2022 4WD 1500 Big Horn Crew Cab tonight after the following schedule:
Ordered - 3/2/22
BS - 3/28/22
WS - 3/28/22
Loaded on train - 3/30/22
Arrived in NY - 4/12/22
Arrived at dealer in NH - 4/16/22

Being new to truck ownership, I really appreciate all of the knowledge I have picked up from the members of this forum. For instance, after doing my research, I asked the dealer for a price for an extended warranty yesterday. I was quoted a price for a 6 year/85k mile policy that was over $1500 more (after the $365 PAYINFULL promo code) than the same policy from Zeigler. I showed my 8 year/125k mile quote to the dealer tonight when I was asked about my decision and offered them the chance to match it. They couldn't because it was supposedly $100 less than they could purchase the policy for.

We are looking forward to our upcoming adventures and I will continue to utilize this forum to gain further insights. Many thanks!

Two days from WS to train? Dang man that’s some luck.

Last edited:

JoshS

Reaction score
Ordered a Bighorn crew cab night edition on 3/21, just got build sheet showing I'm in D1 today so things are moving along

Mopargirl15

Reaction score
9687b67140e4f019c6e2321c4ef13d4f.jpg

Ordered in January and showed up Saturday! Picking up later this week after the parts go on

eaglemike

Reaction score
I just tried to duplicate my order on the Ram site. My truck is a (fairly loaded) Limited Longhorn with the Southfork package. It looks like the Southfork option is no longer available, at least I couldn't get it to add. I went with the e-torque, kin of wishing I'd gone with the eco and 4wd. We're getting a little tired of Ca and thinking about moving in a couple of years.
Hope everyone gets their truck soon!

Tdmva21

Reaction score
Ordered on 4/19/22
1500 Limited Longhorn, White, 6'4" bed, 33 gal fuel tank, level 1 group, pano sunroof, off road pkg, decal delete, BUG, trailer brake control, color match bumpers, and air suspension (no e torque).

Asked dealer for POC on 4/27 and it shows it's in D so that's encouraging.... the order is approved and they have all the parts according the to code post on here

Trying hard not to hound the dealer weekly for an update.....which would be today. They said to expect 3-6 months.

22GTRebel

Reaction score
Ordered on 4/19/22
1500 Limited Longhorn, White, 6'4" bed, 33 gal fuel tank, level 1 group, pano sunroof, off road pkg, decal delete, BUG, trailer brake control, color match bumpers, and air suspension (no e torque).

Asked dealer for POC on 4/27 and it shows it's in D so that's encouraging.... the order is approved and they have all the parts according the to code post on here

Trying hard not to hound the dealer weekly for an update.....which would be today. They said to expect 3-6 months.
Yeah I try to limit asking my dealer once a week. But ordered my Rebel GT on 4/15, went to D status on 4/18 and as of last week D1 with a build date of 5/16. Sucks because I’m not a patient person. My salesman said 4-6 months but 2 is a possibility

Tdmva21

Reaction score
Sucks because I’m not a patient person.
Lack of patience is definitely one of my worst faults as a person. Waiting on dinner is hard enough much less a truck I'm excited for.

I asked for an update after I posted...... couldn't resist.

truckless

Reaction score
Yeah I try to limit asking my dealer once a week. But ordered my Rebel GT on 4/15, went to D status on 4/18 and as of last week D1 with a build date of 5/16. Sucks because I’m not a patient person. My salesman said 4-6 months but 2 is a possibility

Lack of patience is definitely one of my worst faults as a person. Waiting on dinner is hard enough much less a truck I'm excited for.

I asked for an update after I posted...... couldn't resist.

You guys have no idea! :)

m.hamner

Reaction score
@Eighty truck arrived at lot today from WS.
Ordered on 4/19/22

yeah, that’s about right. I set a reminder in my phone to email the dealer once every 2 weeks and that seemed appropiate.

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone priced a diesel option recently? I have a quote from MD on a limited 1500 and the Diesel engine has moved from $3,200 to $4,995. They’re saying the online build tool is not updated pricing. I cannot justify the extra cost at that price.
The configuration preview my dealer printed had the engine cost at $4,995. After the order was placed, it changed to $3,200. Not sure if it's a glitch, or the price going up... hoping for the expected price of $3,200.

m.hamner

Reaction score
The configuration preview my dealer printed had the engine cost at $4,995. After the order was placed, it changed to $3,200. Not sure if it's a glitch, or the price going up... hoping for the expected price of $3,200.
It is 3200 if you have the limited trim. So, if you were messing around with other trims, the diesel option would have been more expensive. Hope that helps.

PeteC

Reaction score
Ordered a Limited Longhorn on 2/25. Picked it up 5/3. Silver, 5.7ETorque, Level 1 Group, Off Road Group, 33 Gal Tank, Trailer Brake, Mopar PPF. It’s the nicest truck I’ve owned yet and I love it. My only issue is gas mileage. I know it’s a truck and all, but my mpg taking my kids to school is about 8mpg less than it was with my ‘21 F150 Powerboost Hybrid (430HP, 570TQ). I’m just getting used to it, but I’m getting nowhere near the advertised mpg.

Tdmva21

Reaction score
Ordered a Limited Longhorn on 2/25. Picked it up 5/3. Silver, 5.7ETorque, Level 1 Group, Off Road Group, 33 Gal Tank, Trailer Brake, Mopar PPF. It’s the nicest truck I’ve owned yet and I love it. My only issue is gas mileage. I know it’s a truck and all, but my mpg taking my kids to school is about 8mpg less than it was with my ‘21 F150 Powerboost Hybrid (430HP, 570TQ). I’m just getting used to it, but I’m getting nowhere near the advertised mpg.
Your timeline makes me optimastic as I ordered essentially the exact truck. Hope mine is done that fast.

klammer

Reaction score
Is going through the dealer the only way to get the dates and status of the truck and build (vin #, build sheet etc)?

RAOlson

Reaction score
I ordered a Ram 1500 Quad Cab Big Horn. 4 days and no Window Sticker yet.

Order Date 04/05/2022
VIN assigned 04/11/2022
D1 04/18/2022
G 05/03/2022
BS 05/04/2022
JB 05/04/2022
WS TBD
ESD 5/03/2022
ESD 5/5/2022
ESD TBD

wardogz217

Reaction score
Ordered my 2022 1500 on March 10. Last week of April, dealer said the truck was in the final inspection phase.
2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Backcountry package,
Level 2 package.
Delmonico Red
3:21 gear
rear wheel well liners.
5.7 Hemi, NO E-T
I was torn between the Delmonico and the Silver. Wish there would have been more choices than what were available.

Received my build sheet and Monroney sticker. Hopefully it's be here soon, dealer said shipping could take quite a bit of time.
Will send pictures when she shows up.

Dealer said today my status is KZ-P -Arrived Ship - Thru Body Vendor. Not sure what this means, I'm thinking it is getting the spray in bedliner installed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread